Grand travel events planned for Ko Tao after murder case solved

Lite Beer

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big chance that these stoopid " grand travel events " will never take place. Haven't even come close to catching the culprit/s or had the funerals for the deceased and all the Thai government is interested in is getting more money from tourists to the island. Stoopid!!!

"Sorry for the killing of your citizens, but we will do something about the watersupply"

And to all the posters here admiring The Dear Leader, remember this airhead is representing him!!whistling.gif

Nothing never changes, no matter who is in charge.

She represents thaksin? Really?

Muppet! So even Bluespunkt can understand: I was referring to Prayuth!coffee1.gif

"Sorry for the killing of your citizens, but we will do something about the watersupply"

And to all the posters here admiring The Dear Leader, remember this airhead is representing him!!whistling.gif

Nothing never changes, no matter who is in charge.

She represents thaksin? Really?

Muppet! So even Bluespunkt can understand: I was referring to Prayuth!coffee1.gif
Nope. Mr T holds the rights to that title.

P.S. either spell my user name correctly or don't bother to mention it. Polite request.

Equally I believe we endeavour not to sling insults at each other.

P.P.S. good job really.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

So this is just going to fizzle out and 2 or more people involved in a horrific double murder are walking around with their heads held high. This will happen again, probably not on Koh Tao but sooner or later the same type of crime will happen, the same shoddy police work and corruption will prevail, and nothing will be finalized. This country will not change however much you are in love with the junta

Everyone ...please write to the travel wbsites..Tripadvisor etc...and voice your concerns..spread the word as much as possible....This latest story makes me sick...The Minister is worried about boosting tourist confidence for this island?...are you serious?....Only in Thailand!

• Like 2

Dear Minister,

Can't you hurry along? I am dying to come on holiday to Koh Tao, maybe there will be some post-murder / dust has settled specials and I can have a cheap holiday.

Why not stitch someone up? Haven't found the right person yet? Sure there is some innocent Burmese person you could put in jail! Or maybe somebody will commit suicide by falling down and we can put it on them?

Sorry to hear about the slump in tourism. Hope we can both come out of this smiling (NOT).

Waiting pensively,

Blindside

• Like 1

Everyone ...please write to the travel wbsites..Tripadvisor etc...and voice your concerns..spread the word as much as possible....This latest story makes me sick...The Minister is worried about boosting tourist confidence for this island?...are you serious?....Only in Thailand!

Are you kidding? Tripadvisor forum will have no part in damaging the good name of Koh Tao. All negative posts are either deleted immediately or locked

They know who pays for their revenue...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g303910-i9415-Ko_Tao_Surat_Thani_Province.html

Edited by cloghead

Dear Minister,

Can't you hurry along? I am dying to come on holiday to Koh Tao, maybe there will be some post-murder / dust has settled specials and I can have a cheap holiday.

Why not stitch someone up? Haven't found the right person yet? Sure there is some innocent Burmese person you could put in jail! Or maybe somebody will commit suicide by falling down and we can put it on them?

Sorry to hear about the slump in tourism. Hope we can both come out of this smiling (NOT).

Waiting pensively,

Blindside

"I am dying to come on holiday to Koh Tao,......"

Your choice of language is indeed interesting.whistling.gif Or was your sarcasm helper turned on?

This is another episode of folk in authority not having a clue what they are doing. Looking at stuff through Thai eyes and not the international communities eyes. To me shows how worlds apart we still are.

The microphone and crispy uniform reigns, we all must bow to that stuff, unfortunately for the charade that has gone on, the west don't bow to that stuff.

• Like 1

My thoughts

1) Solve the crime, arrest the REAL perpetrators

2) Establish concrete measures to assure both foreigners and locals that they can feel safe and have something of a semblance of trust towards local law enforcement

3) Put a light curfew in place until the necessary lighting, additional monitoring are all up and running

Until all three points are complete, please don't even think about the loss in tourist dollars

Us foreigners also need to do our part and avoid this place as a show of respect towards the victims and their families. Otherwise, the locals will think that the tourists will come back anyway and not give a rat's ass about trying to do anything. Case in point: pictures showing happy and smiling tourists stepping off the boat to Koh Tao days after the murders. We are not doing any favours by carrying on willy nilly like nothing happened.

• Like 1

Why not just charge an admission fee to the sight where they were bludgeoned to death and get it over and done with? That'll generate income for you.

Money grabbing parasites.

402.gif RIP David & Hannah 402.gif

The sick barstewards would probably introduce dual pricing for farang if it boosted their profits

My thoughts

1) Solve the crime, arrest the REAL perpetrators

2) Establish concrete measures to assure both foreigners and locals that they can feel safe and have something of a semblance of trust towards local law enforcement

3) Put a light curfew in place until the necessary lighting, additional monitoring are all up and running

Until all three points are complete, please don't even think about the loss in tourist dollars

Us foreigners also need to do our part and avoid this place as a show of respect towards the victims and their families. Otherwise, the locals will think that the tourists will come back anyway and not give a rat's ass about trying to do anything. Case in point: pictures showing happy and smiling tourists stepping off the boat to Koh Tao days after the murders. We are not doing any favours by carrying on willy nilly like nothing happened.

Sorry, but you can rule out point 1 you make, as it's established the REAL bastards are off limits... thus forget points 2 and 3.

As for avoiding the place, and screwing up the incomes of the alledged perpretators, I cannot agree with you more. Shut the place down from 'farang', including ALL farang, not only caucasian. Let them suffer: 1) for all the locals who cannot be arsed to speak or shout up, and 2) to suppress the incomes of the 'powers that be' - business owners and mafia.

Let this not be forgotten, or it shall indeed happen again. Advertise all links to TV on all media you know, less the banned ones which are not supported by this site. Kill tourist visits to KT, and let the bastards lose all income for years to come. Plenty more places to go scuba-diving are available. Sh!t up the rich for once..... or it will never cease that the rich hide or cover-up their sons' actions (c.f Ferrari, or a female surname such as Na Ayudhya).

Sometimes the attitude of the people here - particularly officials - is outright unbelievable. There are still two or more rapists/murderers on the lose, and while police are obviously still trying to find a scapegoat, the minister is already promising festivities, hoping that everybody will simply forget that this grisly double murder ever happened.

Dear minister. Instead of frolicking and general merriment, here is what foreign tourists expect:

1) Find and punish the real killers, not some unfortunate scapegoats;

2) Transparency in all matters concerning this case, not pathetic face-saving measures;

3) Eradicate the mafia on the island and ensure they'll never gain a foothold again;

4) Clean up the police and other "influential persons" that are in cahoots with said mafia;

5) Make the island a safe place for a care-free vacation and maintain that status.

Then - and only then - can you organize your festivities with a clear conscience.

• Like 1

For Godsake's people....stop merely whinging on this site....do something....start boycott campaigns in whichever way you can ! Two young foreign lives with a lot of future potential were losts, yet no justice and the locals and even the local authorities are making a joke out of everything. Where has all your pride and dignity gone foreigners? Start boycotting all the Southern Islands and Provinces,....better still start boycotting Thailand and all its products till justice is done.

Exactly the kind of result and report I expected....

First chance the Islanders get isall about we want we want ............ me me me ............ how very Thai of them

Someone send this report to all the western newspapers and media please.........................

They will have a bit to say about priorities and insensitivity I expect that a good few million will be pleased to read about.

For Godsake's people....stop merely whinging on this site....do something....start boycott campaigns in whichever way you can ! Two young foreign lives with a lot of future potential were losts, yet no justice and the locals and even the local authorities are making a joke out of everything. Where has all your pride and dignity gone foreigners? Start boycotting all the Southern Islands and Provinces,....better still start boycotting Thailand and all its products till justice is done.

Exactly ive sent this report and another off to all media i can and some forums... off you go and do yours.... the more do it the less the papers will ignore it when theres dozens sending them an opinion. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1