Child/dependent visa question

Is this: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/535091-new-visa-rules-for-fathers-of-thai-children/page-18

Still the status quo?

Specifically, if unmarried, and non-legitimised as the Father, but named on the birth certificate- will one be issued a visa if one can produce house book+certificate? Is the house book only necessary for the extension rather than the actual visa to begin with?

If a visa would not be granted in this case, and if marriage is not an option and the child in question is too young for the amphur method (stating who the father is), does anyone have a resource/recommendation vis a vis petition the court for legitimisation (mother consents) and know how much this might cost, how long it might take and what is involved?

Is there any other relevant option in such a situation visa-wise for the Father?

Thanks in advance

Thanks ubonjoe.

Is it enough to only have the birth certificate?

I notice that Vientiane says:

For the purpose of accompanying spouse/family members, documents required are;
1. Copy of marriage certificate
2. Certified Copy of spouse’s ID card (in Thai)
3. Copy of house registration book (in Thailand)
4. Copy of bank statement (in Thailand)
5. Other relevant document, for example, copy of child’s birth certificate / ID card

And London says:

Non-Immigrant Type O

• Birth Certificate (applicant's child)
  • Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)
  • a copy of marriage certificate and passport or Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)
  • Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

As I wrote you can get a single entry non-o visa with just your name on the birth certificate. You will also need a copy of their house book.

Vientiane does not do multiple entry visas and London will not do one unless you are the legal father of your child.

Thanks. So it seems no need for financial proof/bank statements, just house book of the child and birth certificate for single entry visa (I am not sure what the benefit of multiple entry is if you are not planning to leave Thailand..).

The benefit is that when used with combination with 60 days extensions, allows those unable to provide financial proof to stay in country almost 17 months before getting a new visa.

Edited by paz

Thanks Paz, but I am unclear. Are you saying the visa expires, as in, cannot be extended indefinitely? As like the ED which now expires after 1 year regardless?

If you can qualify for an extensions of stay you can extend your permit to stay for infinity.

He was writing about a multiple entry visa not an extension.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys can we aply fpr a non o multiple a savanakhet without legalizasion and marry ?

You can only get a single entry non-o visas without being married or being the legal father of your child by way of legitimization.

thanks ubon

what is the best plan for stay longer ? double tourist or again non o 1 entry

now i am on my 60 days extension finish on 20 November plane to do 1 visa run to mai sai and go savanaket on December if i aply for a non o can i use extension 60 days again at cm immigration ?

thanks ubon

what is the best plan for stay longer ? double tourist or again non o 1 entry

now i am on my 60 days extension finish on 20 November plane to do 1 visa run to mai sai and go savanaket on December if i aply for a non o can i use extension 60 days again at cm immigration ?

You can get one 60 day extension for any type of entry. You could get one for the visa exempt entry entry you plan on doing a border run for.

A single entry non-o will give you about 5 months of stay with the 60 day extension without a needing to leave.

A 2 entry tourist visa can give you about 7 months with one 30 day extension and then a 60 day extension for the 2nd entry.

You can only do it once per entry. It can be any type of entry.

There is no such thing as a dependent visa. Calling it a dependent extension or visa is confusing because there could many other types that can be called that. It is a non-o visa or extension based upon being the parent of a Thai.

OxfordWill, look at the extension application form TM.7. In the space for "Reason (s) for extension", near the bottom of the form, write "visit my Thai child"

You are applying for the extension of stay under clause 2.18 of the Immigration Bureau Order 327/2557 because you want to visit your child for a longer period than the period you were granted when you entered Thailand either visa-exempt or with any type of visa. You will note under clause 2.18 that, unlike with some other types of extension, no particular type of visa is required for this extension.