Hillary Clinton a counter-punch to ISIL: Gillard

webfact

Barack Obama is not my definition of a nobody. He was already seen as a rising star with magical charisma and indeed he was. Democrats wanted to go historic and the choice was first black vs. first woman. Now it's first woman's turn. Not saying she should be picked based on gender. Of course not. But she is objectively massively qualified by experience to be president and anyone who doesn't admit that is just not being honest.

I would also say Obama was objectively NOT very qualified by experience to be president ... but clearly that doesn't always matter.

I do realize this must be upsetting to the haters of Hillary. After eight years of Obama now her. Well, again, this is happening.

Obviously you missed a piece of history. B.O. was a state senator for 2 yrs, ONLY. His only work history is as a community organizer. He was on a national scale, an unknown.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Condi Rice would send an even more powerful message. A smart, black woman with oodles of common sense.

She's not running and she is damaged goods due to Bush.

If true, she has a lot in common with Hillary. Most voters think Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obama-worst-president-since-wwii-108507.html#ixzz3EhE0GfmN

That is an understatement, Ulysses. Most people are waking up to the fact that B.O. is the worst president in US history.

• Like 1

That list doesn't include a true Clinton friend, Marc Rich, tax evader/fraudster/racketeer pardoned while still a wanted felon on the last day of their administration.

Hillary has great financial skills - she was able to parlay a thousand dollar investment in cattle futures into 100k on her very first and only try!

No matter she has been anointed and will be the next president of the US.

Great, an article suggesting electing a woman to send a message, not because of her competence or ability to lead the country. We did that the last two times because the candidate was Black to send the message that we are not racists. Look how that has turned out.

A Presidential candidate should be judged on their ability to lead, make good decisions, tell the truth, and take personal responsibility which takes experience wisdom and a proven track record; not because of race or sex.

Condi Rice would send an even more powerful message. A smart, black woman with oodles of common sense.

She's not running and she is damaged goods due to Bush.

If true, she has a lot in common with Hillary. Most voters think Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obama-worst-president-since-wwii-108507.html#ixzz3EhE0GfmN

That is an understatement, Ulysses. Most people are waking up to the fact that B.O. is the worst president in US history.

Probably because he has been stymied at almost every turn by the worst congress in history.

You miss the point. She was responsible. People needlessly died. Planning was horrible. Timing was terrible.

And now someone wants to make her the Commander In Chief of the entire US Military? cheesy.gif

Wait until people start pointing out that the POTUS is the Commander In Chief of the entire US Military and then point at Hillary as a possibility.

Unfortunately $hit happens in war zones. There is really nothing that special about the Benghazi incident in that respect.

Certainly not that merits yet another pointless kangaroo court and the waste of millions of dollars of public money to pay for GOP political grandstanding and appeasing the teabaggers.

All of which might well be in a few Dem. campaign ads I would think.

biggrin.png

It's looking even better for Hillary.

Hillary has strong approval on national security issues and is seen as to the right of Obama.

We're really at war again.

People will want to go the right of Obama on war issues ... BUT

the republicans won't have anything to sell against the democrats on that.

The republicans are stuck with their regressive positions on social issues. It gets their base but turns off everyone else. Their base isn't big enough.

They have very little chance of taking the presidency unless they majorly change their party.

Which they can't do or won't do.

Yeah I can here the squawking:

BENGHAZI
BENGHAZI

BENGHAZI

How can you say Hillary is well perceived on national security issues when there is BENGHAZI.

Because, my dears. SHE IS.

Really, nobody cares about BENGHAZI except for the Foxies ... and there aren't enough Foxies to get the one more electoral college vote to win the presidency.

Edited by Jingthing

You miss the point. She was responsible. People needlessly died. Planning was horrible. Timing was terrible.

And now someone wants to make her the Commander In Chief of the entire US Military? cheesy.gif

Wait until people start pointing out that the POTUS is the Commander In Chief of the entire US Military and then point at Hillary as a possibility.

Unfortunately $hit happens in war zones. There is really nothing that special about the Benghazi incident in that respect.

Certainly not that merits yet another pointless kangaroo court and the waste of millions of dollars of public money to pay for GOP political grandstanding and appeasing the teabaggers.

All of which might well be in a few Dem. campaign ads I would think.

biggrin.png

Just a little history lesson.

Richard Nixon was a victim to the Watergate scandal and he resigned as a result. But it wasn't the break in at the Watergate that caused the furor and lead to his resignation...it was the cover up after the fact.

Now on to Benghazi, there are multiple problems that have never been answered to anybody's satisfaction outside the White House and the 7th floor at the State Department.

One problem is where was the CIC and SecState during the attack and what instructions did they issue to the CIA and Military? Did they even issue any commands?

Another and perhaps the more serious of the unanswered questions was the attempted cover up of the entire incident by Susan Rice, at the direction of Hillary, presumably, and the concurrence of Obama, by blaming the video for the attack.

Many Americans will forgive incompetence, as is evidenced by the Presidential election of 2012,, but they have a hard time with being lied to for political reasons. Perhaps you Brits are more accustomed to this than Yanks. I don't know.

The Special Committee is on their campaign break now but it will start back up when Congress returns to action. This committee plans to speak to the people that were actually in Libya during the attack, since the Accountability Review Board did not see fit to do so. Heck, they might even get Hillary under oath to say something besides..."At this point, what difference does it make?"

Are you aware there has not been one single federal employee disciplined as a result of the failures of security and protection?

The only person penalized for this was the film maker that made that dumb video that nobody had heard of until 9/11/12.

For what it is worth, Miley Cyrus actually does some pretty good music. She is not talentless, like so many "wild" modern musicians.

Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are the same person.

The punch line is she can run around nearly nekkid and nobody figured out she's really a boy.

The Special Committee is on their campaign break now but it will start back up when Congress returns to action. This committee plans to speak to the people that were actually in Libya during the attack, since the Accountability Review Board did not see fit to do so. Heck, they might even get Hillary under oath to say something besides..."At this point, what difference does it make?"

Oh come off it Chuck, everyone knows this special (needs) committee has been convened simply to try and generate bad press over the election period.

There is nothing of any significance left to answer. Your own people have said so, as part of a total of SEVEN investigations.

Are you aware there has not been one single federal employee disciplined as a result of the failures of security and protection?

The only person penalized for this was the film maker that made that dumb video that nobody had heard of until 9/11/12.

I wasn't aware that any individual needed to be disciplined. Have any of the investigations found an individual guilty of some infraction? Which doesn't mean to say that there were not systemic flaws, and those need to be rectified, but there are ways to do that:

(1) Don't let people go to warzones with insufficient protection and no escape route.

(2) Er..... that's it.

The Benghazi "scandal" is long dead and frankly the teabaggers are pushing it as a bit of electioneering, and because otherwise the spotlight falls back on the rest of their nonsense. Fortunately, not much of the media will pick this up unless they find something new, and they won't (although Fox will no doubt have lots of "Fox News Alerts" that report stuff mentioned a year ago).

Frankly they should let Ambassador Stephens and his colleagues rest in peace rather than trying to use their figurative dead bodies as a political football.

Edited by Chicog

Oh come off it Chuck, everyone knows this special (needs) committee has been convened simply to try and generate bad press over the election period.

There is nothing of any significance left to answer. Your own people have said so, as part of a total of SEVEN investigations.

I wasn't aware that any individual needed to be disciplined. Have any of the investigations found an individual guilty of some infraction? Which doesn't mean to say that there were not systemic flaws, and those need to be rectified, but there are ways to do that:

(1) Don't let people go to warzones with insufficient protection and no escape route.

(2) Er..... that's it.

The Benghazi "scandal" is long dead and frankly the teabaggers are pushing it as a bit of electioneering, and because otherwise the spotlight falls back on the rest of their nonsense. Fortunately, not much of the media will pick this up unless they find something new, and they won't (although Fox will no doubt have lots of "Fox News Alerts" that report stuff mentioned a year ago).

Frankly they should let Ambassador Stephens and his colleagues rest in peace rather than trying to use their figurative dead bodies as a political football.

Ambassador Stephens and his colleagues will never rest in peace as long as their survivors have no idea what happened and why they had to die.

Hillary and Obama met their bodies at Andrew's AFB on their return and promised action would be taken to get to the bottom of the incident.

The two of them lied to the families at that time and they will still lie. It's all about the cover up.

I am quite certain you are right about one thing. The main stream media won't give it much light. They've been covering for Obama and Hillary for the past six years. No reason to believe they will actually practice journalism at this stage in the game.

Uh, I still resent the continual use of "teabaggers" and would ask you refrain from using it when you might be responding to a post of mine.

For the record I have no connection with the Tea Party movement nor do I plan to have any. It's just common decency not to use the term.

Thanks for listening.

Joe Biden has, as of late, been sporting an expression that implies "wait until you see what's going to happen."

Or maybe it's just those glow-in-the-dark teeth.

Something that became evident in 2008 was just how despised the Clintons are within their own party; IMO this is what really propelled support for Obama among Dem. politicians, that he was 'not Hillary.' Since stepping down as Sec. of State she has been comporting herself as heir apparent in political circles, with the message 'if you mess with me now you're really gonna regret it when I'm in the WH.'

As for her public image she comes off as more of a human being these days. I suspect she has a charisma coach.

I don't see any firebrands rising from the Dems ranks, but let's see how things look a year from now.

I don't see any serious possibilities on the GOP side either. But a few of the jokers left over from 2012 will back in the running for no other reason than to take advantage of the financial/tax privileges of being a candidate. Ted Cruz was born in Canada. Perry is chronicly ill. Herman Cain was never serious, he was just promoting himself. The Pauls are too tinfoil hat. If Rubio was a Dem he might have had a chance.

Anyway, as someone said above, the presidency is now about doing what the 'sponsors' (term used by Nancy Pellosi) want. As Grover Norquist put it during the 2012 GOP primaries "it doesn't matter which person becomes president, we just need someone to sign our legislation." (our means GOP in his case)

I just read today that Cruz is in the early lead for the elephants. What a right wing horror show he is. Can't win the presidency so bring him on.

I disagree that Obama beat Hillary because of hostility towards Hillary. It was more positive than that ... his charisma and the sense of history of his candidacy.

IMO Obama beat Hillary because the MSM did everything they could to help him, because he claimed to be such a strong liberal and because he is black. That is how he got away with so many screwups and scandals and even got reelected with a terrible record. The MSM bears a lot of responsibility for America's likely eventual demise. sad.png

Edited by Ulysses G.

Hillary and Obama met their bodies at Andrew's AFB on their return and promised action would be taken to get to the bottom of the incident.

AFAIK action has been taken.

Ahmed Abu Khattala had returned home Sunday night after a day of militia skirmishes in Benghazi when U.S. military commandos swarmed his residence south of the waterfront city and took him captive, quickly moving him out of Libya to a U.S. warship.
“He was isolated,” a U.S. official said. “It was pretty clean.”
One of the suspected ringleaders of the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi that killed four Americans, Abu Khattala is the first of the alleged perpetrators to be apprehended. He now awaits a transfer to the United States and a federal trial in the District.

Although amusingly, the prosecutors have asked to delay the trial for 30-45 days. I wonder why?

biggrin.png

As for the word "teabaggers" Chuck..... really?

I was always taught "sticks and stones will break your bones but words will never hurt you".

I'd suggest you just ignore it.

If people are going to tell me what they want me to write and not write, they can just write it themselves and save themselves some time.

w00t.gif

I just read today that Cruz is in the early lead for the elephants. What a right wing horror show he is. Can't win the presidency so bring him on.

I disagree that Obama beat Hillary because of hostility towards Hillary. It was more positive than that ... his charisma and the sense of history of his candidacy.

I have to say that if Cruz gets anywhere near the Presidential ticket, I will truly have to assume that America and the handbasket have already reached their destination.

blink.png

AFAIK action has been taken.

Ahmed Abu Khattala had returned home Sunday night after a day of militia skirmishes in Benghazi when U.S. military commandos swarmed his residence south of the waterfront city and took him captive, quickly moving him out of Libya to a U.S. warship.
“He was isolated,” a U.S. official said. “It was pretty clean.”
One of the suspected ringleaders of the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi that killed four Americans, Abu Khattala is the first of the alleged perpetrators to be apprehended. He now awaits a transfer to the United States and a federal trial in the District.

Although amusingly, the prosecutors have asked to delay the trial for 30-45 days. I wonder why?

biggrin.png

As for the word "teabaggers" Chuck..... really?

I was always taught "sticks and stones will break your bones but words will never hurt you".

I'd suggest you just ignore it.

If people are going to tell me what they want me to write and not write, they can just write it themselves and save themselves some time.

w00t.gif

I wasn't telling you what to write. I asked you to cease using the word when answering one of my posts.

You have obviously decided to ignore my request.

As far as Khattala is concerned, a little research might reveal he was living in plain sight for nearly two years before this administration decided to take him down.

Stick around, you might learn something about Benghazi.

I have to say that if Cruz gets anywhere near the Presidential ticket, I will truly have to assume that America and the handbasket have already reached their destination.

blink.png

Thankfully you don't have a vote either way, unless you decide to walk across the Rio Grande, register as a Democrat and take up the cause.

I hear illegal immigrants have voting rights in certain precincts in Chicago.

Where did you hear that, an "Americans for Prosperity" pamphlet?

Talking of which I hear the GOP are doing their level best to take away as many voting opportunities as they can where they see it hinders African-Americans from casting their vote.

Democracy in action.

bah.gif

As far as Khattala is concerned, a little research might reveal he was living in plain sight for nearly two years before this administration decided to take him down.

Living in plain sight in a sovereign foreign nation.

You can't just walk in and shoot the place up, Chuck.

They took time in the planning and extracted him with no civilian or military casualties.

I think that should be commended, not criticised.

Oh my, Hillary? This is truly a ridculous piece. It demonstrates how vile the PR machine is for politicians. Hillary is about as dirty as anyone in the meteroic rise of IS, the destruction of the Libyan annex, and the poloraization of sunni and shia in this region. This malfescent B[-ich causes more harm to women than any single person I could think of- historically (except, perhaps, the biblical mysonginist, Peter). All of these tens of thousands of women from africa to central asia have Hillary to thank for directly implementing and enabling policies that elevate radical islam, miminilize western values, and equalize all cultures as relative.

Oh my, Hillary? This is truly a ridculous piece. It demonstrates how vile the PR machine is for politicians. Hillary is about as dirty as anyone in the meteroic rise of IS, the destruction of the Libyan annex, and the poloraization of sunni and shia in this region. This malfescent B[-ich causes more harm to women than any single person I could think of- historically (except, perhaps, the biblical mysonginist, Peter). All of these tens of thousands of women from africa to central asia have Hillary to thank for directly implementing and enabling policies that elevate radical islam, miminilize western values, and equalize all cultures as relative.

So, we can mark you as a "no" for Hillary?

Welcome to the Dark Side.

agree that Obama beat Hillary because of hostility towards Hillary. It was more positive than that ... his charisma and the sense of history of his candidacy.

blink.png

Not to worry. Cruz was not born in the US, therefore cannot be president.

I think he bears a physical resemblence to LBJ, funny how he ended up in Texas. Dad?

I'm looking forward to the primaries, I enjoy seeling the pols feed on eachother. I'm anticipating some big surprises, especially with the Dems.

Joe Biden makes great entertainment, and it's fun watching him go up against his worst enemy: his own yap.