does 3BB have a data limit?

ryanhull

Hey All,

So I have finally got 3BB up and running and its great, streaming fine with no buffers etc,

I am streaming tv via a website onto my TV from a laptop... question is, does 3BB have any kind of data limit? I assume I will use a hell of alot of data in a month streaming tv like this and I cannot seem to find any information on data limits so that leads me to believe its unlimited? I just wanted to make sure incase of a big bill coming,

Anyone know?

Cheers

Hi, it's me again.

I have used since the beginning of this month 84 GB of data and haven't noticed any slowdowns.

The only thing is that, if you download Torrents, they may limit your speed during certain times of the day.

Edit 1: If you wanna know how much data you are using, download this (free) https://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Hi, it's me again.

I have used since the beginning of this month 84 GB of data and haven't noticed any slowdowns.

The only thing is that, if you download Torrents, they may limit your speed during certain times of the day.

Edit 1: If you wanna know how much data you are using, download this (free) https://www.softperf...oducts/networx/

As usual very useful info and exactly what I wanted to know... I was just confirming as I was 99% sure for the no limit but just didnt want to wait and get a nasty bill... thanks for the info highly appreciated thumbsup.gif

3BB can (and does) limit the speed of your connection from 5pm until midnight.

I believe there's another thread on this on TV, but it seems that after 5pm, and after you've gone through 2-gig of downloaded data, your bandwidth rate drops and is capped at between 4mb and 5mb, no matter what speed your package states (I don't know anyone with 3BB Fiber Optic, so I can't speak to if this applies to that connection style).

If you call them enough to complain about the cap they will remove it from your account, but I am not sure how much effort this takes.

I hope this helps and adds some information to your question.

3BB can (and does) limit the speed of your connection from 5pm until midnight.

I believe there's another thread on this on TV, but it seems that after 5pm, and after you've gone through 2-gig of downloaded data, your bandwidth rate drops and is capped at between 4mb and 5mb, no matter what speed your package states (I don't know anyone with 3BB Fiber Optic, so I can't speak to if this applies to that connection style).

If you call them enough to complain about the cap they will remove it from your account, but I am not sure how much effort this takes.

I hope this helps and adds some information to your question.

I have never been limited what so ever. I have ADSL 3BB., I would normally use well over 2Gb by 5pm.

• Like 1

This is not a limit on speed What happens is a lot of people log on after 3 pm and slow down the servers. If you suffer from this just complain a lot to 3bb and they will get tired of the complaints and move you to a less used server.

Generally 3 BB service is good but they have terrible customer care. Many times the people that serve you are not kept in the loop as far as troubles on the net are concerned.

I have had the TOT WiNet here in middle of Phuket for close to two years now. Generally good and the service has been very good. But several of our computer group have been on the 3NN Fibernet service and are very, very satisfied so I may switch. Current promotion promises 20GB speed for 1200 b/month (supposedly good for a year then back to 2400 b/m rate).