Koh Tao: Police look for man in VDO footage as a key to provide clue of murder

webfact

The murder weapon , reported to be a garden hoe,hardly the sort of tool left lying by the beach.Never been mentioned as far as I know who owned it,or was DNA on it.

I am still staggered that with a lot of people around on a relatively small island that nobody heard an argument, shouting or screaming.Just nothing makes sense apart from the incompetence of the Thai police

The pain being suffered by the family must be horrendous.

• Like 1

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So two weeks and more than 200 dna tests later and they're STILL looking for the guy in the CCTV!!

Absolutely scandalous.

How can the police be so inept?

Do they not feel the need to seek justice for the victims or is that too much like hard work?

Mai pen rai.

Yeah almost as bad as how many snipers shot Kennedy or who was Jack the Ripper. The real problem seems to me to be the incessant finger pointing at non-Thais.

who did it ?

the guitar playing farang ?

the burmese immigrant workers?

the head of the villages son?

or the guy in the wearing the victims blood stained pants caught running away from the scene on CCTV?

or the guy in the wearing the victims blood stained pants caught running away from the scene on CCTV?

where was this reported I must have missed that fact??? why would anyone put on a pair of trousers from a victim especially if blood stained unless by some chance the guy was ordered to be a patsy. i'd like to read that article as it sound more like the result of a Chinese whisper. no way can you see that on the cctv footage.

I remember to read:

A pair of blue shorts with blood stains were found on the scene of the killing, probably belonging to one of the killers.

The male victims pants were beige like the ones the guy on CCTV is wearing.

Is it not possible the killer mistakenly got the wrong pants ?

More questions than answers in this case.

Guys look up CSI LA on facebook, (proceed with caution there are some non related disturbing pictures) there is a statement from a Thai tourist (Supanee Deighton) to Koh Tao about a covered up event (you can read yourselves in Thai ) two years ago. I've posted a picture below, i don't know if its allowed and its in thai so maybe one of you can translate it. There could be a connection between this and what happened to poor Hannah. If it looks like a rat smells like a rat then surely.....

10702147_706115342799527_694259022909355

For those who know and want to share something confidentially and for those who haven't already done so, there is now only one real / effective way that your information can be channeled. Letter / phone calls / email ( anonymously if preferred ) to : New Scotland Yard, 8-10 Broadway, London SW1H 0BG สหราชอาณาจักร +44 20 7230 1212. [email protected]

Forget about rights of Juristiction etc. these guys have ways and means if they have the information - which maybe they already have ? Social Media has kept this alive far longer than people had expected, but we do not have the means to take this much further, but these guys can and will find way - if necessary !

Still say that the families must send representatives to the island to keep the focus on this. They are likely being advised by the Embassy here to trust the police stay quiet. Perhaps in another country that may work. Here however it is the worst thing that they can do. I get that the families are distraught so it does not have to be immediate family. Only family representatives. Once this case is closed they will never again have this opportunity.

I implore them to consider this option as soon as humanly possible.

In Thai culture can "Losing face" be the result of incompitence and failure when eveybody knows? OR is "Losing face" brought about only by comments from foreignes?

In Thai and any other culture, losing face is simply about cowardice. And the inability, or unwillingness to look within, and introspect. I firmly believe face is the opposite of spiritual and personal growth. I think it prevents growth. Growth requires poking within and facing your inner demons, and limitations, and shortcomings. Face prevents that. Face is an excuse to not do the difficult inner work, that is required for a child to become a man. I think it is the enemy of the soul, and prevents a person from improving, figuring things out, and improving as an individual. It is a boil on the face of Asia. Real men are able to look at a situation and grow from it, not cower away from it like a man child. The whole concept of face sucks. It is grotesque. It is horrendous. I do not need an explanation of the cultural references, or the history of face. I have heard it all. It is just plain old ugly, nasty, and pathetic. Real men, and courageous women, do not need to save face.

Guess this is off-topic but I would like to add that this 'face-saving' is what most people initially identify as 'respect' in Thailand - myself included. Only now am I fully aware that the 'respect' people show each other every day (waaing) is more likely deference, caused by a fear of retribution over the smallest issue imaginable. Childish and childlike - fully agreed.

Please don't see this as common 'Thai-bashing'; just an honest opinion after living here 10 years.

• Like 2

Does anybody have any info at all on the speedboat seen running away from Koh Tao on the morning of the double murder? It was reported to be called "Little Duck". Anybody ever see this boat at Koh Tao before, who is the owner of this speedboat?

The speedboat was reported to have asked a fishing boat for directions to Naiphrao island in Nakhon Sri Thammarat but changed course when a police boat arrived to apprehend it.

Dodgy as, and I'll bet a significant clue. I say that because this line of enquiry has been hushed up by the coppers, as has all other important evidence that implicates the murderers.

Excellent lead. Source?

In Thai culture can "Losing face" be the result of incompitence and failure when eveybody knows? OR is "Losing face" brought about only by comments from foreignes?

In Thai and any other culture, losing face is simply about cowardice. And the inability, or unwillingness to look within, and introspect. I firmly believe face is the opposite of spiritual and personal growth. I think it prevents growth. Growth requires poking within and facing your inner demons, and limitations, and shortcomings. Face prevents that. Face is an excuse to not do the difficult inner work, that is required for a child to become a man. I think it is the enemy of the soul, and prevents a person from improving, figuring things out, and improving as an individual. It is a boil on the face of Asia. Real men are able to look at a situation and grow from it, not cower away from it like a man child. The whole concept of face sucks. It is grotesque. It is horrendous. I do not need an explanation of the cultural references, or the history of face. I have heard it all. It is just plain old ugly, nasty, and pathetic. Real men, and courageous women, do not need to save face.

Well said. Primitive and childish, if I may add. The face-saving debacle, I mean.

Edited by outsider

Does anybody have any info at all on the speedboat seen running away from Koh Tao on the morning of the double murder? It was reported to be called "Little Duck". Anybody ever see this boat at Koh Tao before, who is the owner of this speedboat?

The speedboat was reported to have asked a fishing boat for directions to Naiphrao island in Nakhon Sri Thammarat but changed course when a police boat arrived to apprehend it.

Dodgy as, and I'll bet a significant clue. I say that because this line of enquiry has been hushed up by the coppers, as has all other important evidence that implicates the murderers.

Excellent lead. Source?

The Nation

Some fishermen fishing off Kanom district in Nakhon Si Thammarat province alerted police that they found a Thai man on a speedboat named "Little Duck" speeding south from Koh Pha Ngan. The man stopped by and asked for directions to Naiprao Island in the district. But he changed direction to Pakpanang district in the same province after his boat encountered a marine police boat on Naiprao beach.

Meanwhile, Pol Maj Gen Kittipong Kaosam-ang, a Surat Thani police commander, asked the media not to report in-depth investigation results, saying it may give some clues to the culprits. But he revealed that Thais may have been involved in the murders and had tried to destroy evidence linking them to the attacks. Some people on Koh Tao had given false information to police in a bid to divert attention

7 days old! Who is this man on the boat? Last two sentences are unbelievable!! People destroying evidence and local people lying to the police. Shut the island down and DNA everyone and don't open it to this hideous crime is solved!

this is actually a very good thing, that he admitted openly that people are lying to them, and attempting to destroy evidence

this is a great opportunity for the police to wipe that island clear of influence now

Other than theirs of course

• Like 1

I was actually waiting for the headline "Messed-up murder investigation on Koh Tao proves: Thailand is the hub of incompetence!"

Anyone who wasn't into Thai bashing before must be there by now I think. With DNA samples, footprints, murder weapon, witness accounts, etc. - everything an investigator could wish for - on a tiny, secluded island like Koh Tao (would be a different story on Phuket with a land bridge, etc.) the case should have been a perfect wrap at day 2. But with incompetent and corrupt idiots stumbling around on the murder scene with civilians standing an arm length away from the victims, etc. I fear by now all is lost... If one would tell all the details of this story to a western crime scene investigator, he would scream in agony.

Wasn't the latest info that they had it wrapped up by 85%, now they seem to be back to base one - the good old cctv footage, that emerged on day 2 or 3...

I'm lost for words... and feel utterly sorry for Hannah and David's parents, who have to see that not a proper murder investigation is going on, but a cover up by corrupt and incompetent cops who wouldn't be able to find their own #$$ in the dark...

The British police were called in some years after, OK as yet they have not solved the case, but they are working on a lot of new evidence that they have managed to obtain.

Sadly it would appear they will not get the opportunity to do the same here.

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

In my humble opinion, the way Hannah´s dead body was found (laying on the back with wide spread legs) clearly indicate, that she was raped after she was killed. So why do the RTP only care about the DNA in the semen found on her body, when the killer and the rapists actually very well could be different persons? I believe that whoever killed Hannah, should be found among the persons present in AC Bar that fatal night (foreigner or not). A person who possibly would have showed interest in Hannah there, or had any kind of dispute with her there and followed her when she left the bar. The friends of both victims know exactly what happened in AC Bar that night before the killings, so why were they not required, to stick around and be available for further questioning?

Why do the RTP not check exactly which mobile phones were near the area that night and question all owners about what they saw, heard and did that night?

The CCTV footage of the Asian guy is actually not bad at all, so the RTP should easily be able to digitally enhance the footage and show us all a quite nice portrait of that guy.

I seriously believe that no one in authority anywhere, UK, EUROPE or USA give a damn about any of this. There is no pressure from any outside source.

I am British and find their apparent lack of interest appalling.

jb1

The cartoon in the Daily News, the second biggest selling newspaper in Thailand, satirizing the police as the turtle and the Koh Tao murderers as the rabbit. But we all know how the Aesop fable ends, let's hope it's that way in this case

post-11997-0-18271400-1412060409_thumb.j.

Tao is turtle in Thai.post-11997-0-18271400-1412060409_thumb.j

Edited by bannork
  • Like 1

If anyone thinks the police are inept, or that this is a farce, please be assured that nothing could be further than the truth.

The police know very well what they are doing and every seemingly confusing statement is meant to be just that...confusing. The intent being to simply to have everyone going round in circles and getting nowhere.

It's actually interesting, in a macabre sort of way, to see an organization swing into action and achieve what they want so efficiently.

I agree after giving the police the benefit of the doubt, thinking they were just country bumpkins not used to these brutal murders, and high profile cases. Thinking perhaps they lack the drive to get the bad guys. I now think the same they know who the murders are and are deliberate sowing confusion. There was probably too much outside pressure to frame convenient patsies, their usual MO.

In my humble opinion, the way Hannah´s dead body was found (laying on the back with wide spread legs) clearly indicate, that she was raped after she was killed. So why do the RTP only care about the DNA in the semen found on her body, when the killer and the rapists actually very well could be different persons? I believe that whoever killed Hannah, should be found among the persons present in AC Bar that fatal night (foreigner or not). A person who possibly would have showed interest in Hannah there, or had any kind of dispute with her there and followed her when she left the bar. The friends of both victims know exactly what happened in AC Bar that night before the killings, so why were they not required, to stick around and be available for further questioning?

Why do the RTP not check exactly which mobile phones were near the area that night and question all owners about what they saw, heard and did that night?

The CCTV footage of the Asian guy is actually not bad at all, so the RTP should easily be able to digitally enhance the footage and show us all a quite nice portrait of that guy.

I seriously believe that no one in authority anywhere, UK, EUROPE or USA give a damn about any of this. There is no pressure from any outside source.

I am British and find their apparent lack of interest appalling.

jb1

I did read some where that Hannah's friend said she never saw David or Hannah having an argument with anybody.

Very difficult to ID from that pic.This has already been circulated since the incident also.Nothing new.Everyday same same but same.

^ Yes , and no vision of the same man "walking" from the Touch camera ?

I have a simple question.

Did the (ex)Headman , or his son EVER give a DNA sample?

The Police said that lad was a prime suspect , after interviewing his father and uncle who it was said REFUSED swabs ... then the boy claimed he had CTV 'proving' he was in Bangkok ( that surely his father had already verified) and then he was no longer a suspect.

So no CTV realeased for public scrutiny , AND no DNA.... really?

He did not have to. He told the police to back off. He is above the law. He is untouchable. His dad is simply too rich. He owns the police. And the army appears to be cowed into submission also. Shame. A travesty really. But, some of us are not surprised. The promise of change, appears to have been only a promise in word, but not deed.

In the west we call this a complete absence of equality before the law.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

Phone records and internet companies are going to play a major part so this crime can be solved i believe. And that takes time....The police will be able to intercept all calls made round the time, texts msgs sent ect. and what devices were connecting to wireless internet in the area. Or phones connecting to towers on other islands

it's pretty clear from thr cctv footage that the person they are seeking had a mobile phone and so did hannah if her phone was taken.

Also lots of people would have being taking photographs that night they were in AC bar...hopefully the police have asked people to forward any media images they have to them, for clues.

• Like 1

the BIB are just giving this time to fizzle out and disappear, just like the red bull case, only they knew who he was