Deputy PM confident murderers of British Koh Tao tourists will be arrested soon

webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What amuses me is (Not that this is a funny event) every "Lead" or half lead they have had they have blurted it out to the world media. Now they would have us believe they have something up their sleeve. If you know you will catch the killerr then you must know who it is and I'd bet my <deleted> they don't, because if they did they'd be gobbing off to the media

Edited by Sena Dave

No Mafia on the islands? I almost choked on my corn flakes!

I do however feel that the word Mafia is a word that is over used in thailand, it kind of makes these low life scum sound exotic!

I love living here, I really do...

I don't like to bash the Thais because on the whole I find them very pleasant people, however this case has definitely pulled at the heart strings and in my opinion has woken people up a bit.

Please... For your own sakes, clean up your act! You've only got to look over your shoulders to see other emerging country's trying to embrace foreigners and their hard earned cash!

People aren't stupid, they don't want you to be vocal about what your going to do, they want to see you actually do it!

" up to you" as the saying goes

The next big announcement will come in a week or two when they will conclude that the killers got away and that the case is now closed my prayers and thoughts are with the families of the deceased who must be suffering the loss of there loved ones and is not helped due to the incompetence of the Royal Thai Police.

This follows a field trip that she made where she personally interviewed foreign tourists as well a local operators and everyone expressed their confidence in the security and general safety of the island

The Thai way - bend over - bury your head deeper in the sand only spreads the cheeks that little bit further for more to see

I'd like to have seen a few live interviews on TV to validate these claims

Lets hope they do get the right scum off the street.

One big problem in Thailand is that instead of preventing crime they seen to be more setup to video areas and then go after the criminals. They needs to be both happening. Why don't they have police walking the beaches or high tourist areas at night. I only see the police sitting in their boxes or in big groups. In Pattaya they should have police walking and also on bikes going up and down beach road every night. Most beach areas around the world with high number of tourist you see police every 5 or 10 minutes going by in cars or bikes or on foot. In Pattaya they should Also have police walking on soi 6 and soi LK and other areas. But you almost never see. It is like the police are afraid to be in those areas or avoid them as they would be seeing too much crime happening and might have to do something.

whatever " soon" means in this country...

Didn't they say pretty much the same thing around one week ago? Soon, they will be caught, soon, the case is 85% finished, all these BS statements plucked out of thin air. Hey guys and gals, I am 73.29% hungry at the moment, where is my proof, well just take my word for it, I'm a professional thumbsup.gif

Edited by monk213

Didn't they say pretty much the same thing around one week ago? Soon, they will be caught, soon, the case is 85% finished, all these BS statements plucked out of thin air. Hey guys and gals, I am 73.29% hungry at the moment, where is my proof, well just take my word for it, I'm a professional thumbsup.gif

You are absolutely correct. The Thai police would have been much smarter if they had never released even one thing about this investigation instead of trying to gain trust by being transparent.

Its not lime the attempt at transparency was appreciated by any of these monday morning quarterbacks on TVF who think having the complete DVD set of CSI:Miami makes them investigators .

I don't have any emoticons to attach here.

Edited by ClutchClark

You are absolutely correct. The Thai police would have been much smarter if they had never released even one thing about this investigation instead of trying to gain trust by being transparent.

Its not lime the attempt at transparency was appreciated by any of these monday morning quarterbacks on TVF.

Exactly like I have said a couple of times throughout this time, in a normal murder investigation it is in the authorities best interests to keep most if not all of their leads, evidence and whatever else to themselves, that is unless something like an escalating serial murder starts to get out of hand or something. But these idiots were basically treating the public like some lower ranking colleague.

Its not lime the attempt at transparency was appreciated by any of these monday morning quarterbacks on TVF who think having the complete DVD set of CSI:Miami makes them investigators .

Sorry, but you are confusing this transparency and trust with bullshit and self interest .

• Like 1

Lets hope they do get the right scum off the street.

One big problem in Thailand is that instead of preventing crime they seen to be more setup to video areas and then go after the criminals. They needs to be both happening. Why don't they have police walking the beaches or high tourist areas at night. I only see the police sitting in their boxes or in big groups. In Pattaya they should have police walking and also on bikes going up and down beach road every night. Most beach areas around the world with high number of tourist you see police every 5 or 10 minutes going by in cars or bikes or on foot. In Pattaya they should Also have police walking on soi 6 and soi LK and other areas. But you almost never see. It is like the police are afraid to be in those areas or avoid them as they would be seeing too much crime happening and might have to do something.

You describe the situation, and solution very well.

Trouble is that would require a real police force, who enforce the law.

Problems start when people have to buy their way in, buy their rank and buy their assigned office.

I have relatives in the RTP. They do keep the peace when necessary, police traffic, etc. But real crime prevention and detective work - just haven't a clue. They have never been trained or taught this in all fairness. They are expected to fit in with what has always been the way and toe the line. Same with much of the civil service.

Something like this happens and its beyond their abilities. The pressure from above and the interference by powerful parties of interest just makes matters worse.

• Like 1

You actually think the RTP are doing a professional competent job in this investigation, diligently pursuing the case to conclusion in the interests of justice, free from influence and manipulations from powerful interested parties?

Re-resting DNA samples.- any ideas on today's gem of transparency?

You are no doubt waiting the imminent arrests, prosecution and conviction of the murders as repeatedly stated by senior police offices.

I salute your loyalty and confidence in the RTP.

Or are you simply arguing against 99% of posters who see the operation as a farce enacted by bumbling idiots saying anything purely to make a statement?

Dribble, dribble, dribble.

They always make it sound like an arrest is imminent. Why bother waiting for two or more witnesses? If you've acquired the necessary evidence, arrest them. Surely DNA evidence trumps the need for witnesses. If they know the person then surely they'd have also collected a sh#tload of other incriminating evidence, enough to build a watertight case.

I wonder what percentage the case is at today? I was 85% of the way to winning the lottery once. I made it to the lottery agent, bought the ticket and filled out my lucky numbers. Unfortunately the remaining 15% I needed never eventuated.

Drivel drivel, drivel.

Very disappointing. These islands have a strong reputation for drugs and foreign embassies warn about local gangs attacking and robbing tourists.....and they deal drugs and rob with IMPUNITY, which means the police is either implicated or totally incompetent in enforcing the law and security of visitors (and others). It looks like the new government only will install a few CCTVs and not do anything with the underlying cause. Sad.

Edited by BestBitterPhuket

"No mafia on Koh Tao............" - the classic use of semantics to cover a lie.

Someone should explain to the esteemed D.P. the meaning of the phrase "A rose by any other name................etc".

Somebody needs to explain that to a lot of posters here too. Mafia is a convenient word to use is all.

Some guy posted last week along the lines: There is no mafia on Koh Tao, only some families have more land, money, influence, and relatives in politics. I felt forced to point out that that was exactly what we mean by a mafia. duh!

Dear Dep. Pm, Gen Pravit., If there is no Mafia in Thailand and the islands, how do you explain this:

According to Thai authorities, there are chao pho groups in 39 of Thailand’s 76 provinces. From these provinces they work like a local mafia as they are active in both illegal as well as some legitimate businesses. They are involved in a wide range of criminal activities such as prostitution, drug trafficking, illegal gambling and others They are known for cooperating with the Red Wa ( who are associated with the United Wa State Army) for the trafficking and sale of narcotics.

How about some transparency, Sir.