Good Breakfasts Near Royal Plaza

Ulysses G.

Not too far away "Sportsman" Soi 13...............

Out the front of the Garden turn right walk 400 m 3 Soi's along ,halfwayup on right.........

Or out the back of Royal Garden turn left walk 400m 3 Soi's along and halfway down on left.

Brekkie approx 135 baht all in.

American breakfast at Wild Chicken on Soi Post Office (close to 2nd rd end) is huge and a good deal. Has excellent hash browns, which are rare here.

right now I think the Stags Head has the best home made food in pattaya, you can get breakfasts or a full dinner at reasonable prices, it's on soi LKmetro next to the stereo bar soi bukeow (spelling)

right now I think the Stags Head has the best home made food in pattaya, you can get breakfasts or a full dinner at reasonable prices, it's on soi LKmetro next to the stereo bar soi bukeow (spelling)

Bit of a long hike from the Royal Garden though . :o

Heres a few eateries for you with menus (not all breakfasts though)..........Sportsman is on as is Shenanigans which is located right next door to the Royal Garden.

http://www.door2doorpattaya.com/home.htm

Edited by thaiflyer1

I'd vote for Shenanigans, just out the door on the Second Road side. It doesn't open until nine (or is it ten?), but the breakfast is pretty good, the place is quite and very pleasant at that time of day, and they even have a free wifi connection avilable if that's of any use to you.

If you walk down Beach Road towards Walking Street, there are two small restaurants (Tipps (?) and I can't recall the name of the other one). (Tipps (?) is the one with the Charlie Chaplin signboard)

Cheap food, decent prices, nice view of the beach.

Try the "Ritz"...two sois north of Royal Garden Plaza

Ritz......Soi Yamoto.......not a bad choice.

Also same Soi "The Rising Sun"..........both places brekkie is about the 100 baht mark.

If you dont mind paying the prices, still say Shenanigans...............would hurt me forking out 300+ baht for brekkie though, i/d probably go to Ritz/Sun or Sportsman.

Shenannigans do specials alternating everyday , pork chop dinners/fish and chips /curry all run about 150-190baht..........(just for your info).

I'd vote for Shenanigans, just out the door on the Second Road side. It doesn't open until nine (or is it ten?), but the breakfast is pretty good, the place is quite and very pleasant at that time of day, and they even have a free wifi connection avilable if that's of any use to you.

I won’t go in there any more in the morning..

Who wants to eat there breakfast with mosquito’s nipping

around your ankles, nasty never again. What are they thinking.

They shound spray the place last thing at night and it would be fine.

do they, No.

:o

Shenanigan's?.........the dingiest and most contrived place in Pattaya and serving the most overpriced and greasiest breakfast one can find anywhere.....plus the animal life to boot (mosquitos)

I'm at a complete loss what you guys are talking about. I've had many a breakfast in Shenanigan's (and quite a few dinners as well) and certainly never been bothered by a single mosquito. On the other hand, most people on this thead seem to be recommending open air places that aren't even airconditioned. You can't seriously be suggesting there are fewer mosquitos outside than in an airconditioned pub, can you?

If you want a B100 breakfast, I agree that Shenanigan's isn't for you. Go to one of the basic places instead. On the other hand, there are also plenty of basic B500 girls in Pattaya. I wouldn't want those either.

I'm at a complete loss what you guys are talking about. I've had many a breakfast in Shenanigan's (and quite a few dinners as well) and certainly never been bothered by a single mosquito. On the other hand, most people on this thead seem to be recommending open air places that aren't even airconditioned. You can't seriously be suggesting there are fewer mosquitos outside than in an airconditioned pub, can you?

If you want a B100 breakfast, I agree that Shenanigan's isn't for you. Go to one of the basic places instead. On the other hand, there are also plenty of basic B500 girls in Pattaya. I wouldn't want those either.

OK, I was wrong about the mosquitos....just a post script joke based on the comment from icecubes. I've never seen, heard or felt mosquitos also...but, I'll stand by the rest of my posting. If that's what a typical "Irish Breakfast" is then you can keep it.

The Ritz isn't an open air place and the breakfast there knocks spots off that served by Shenanigans...and it's only 100 baht......and it's not a basic place.....and this topic has nothing to do with bar girls or their prices.......and this topic is becoming pointless. Bye for now.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone recommend places near Royal Plaza (where Ripley's Believe it or Not is) with good breakfasts that aren't buffets?

What's wrong with the buffet at the Apex or the Lek? If you are going to go to some place that charges as much or more than the "all you can eat" buffet - why not just do the buffet?

It's one thing to look for the cheapie breakfast places (like the Boat Bakery) or some place with one of those signs that says 35 or 40 baht for ABF.

If you are going to shell out over a 100 baht for a basic breakfast you might as well try the buffet, it's around the same price. Besides, where are you going to get, soup, spaghetti and meat sauce or fried chicken, or roast pork and various pastries, included as a bonus with a breakfast!

I love the "all you can eat buffet breakfasts," and they keep you regular too!

Can anyone recommend places near Royal Plaza (where Ripley's Believe it or Not is) with good breakfasts that aren't buffets?

What's wrong with the buffet at the Apex or the Lek? If you are going to go to some place that charges as much or more than the "all you can eat" buffet - why not just do the buffet?

It's one thing to look for the cheapie breakfast places (like the Boat Bakery) or some place with one of those signs that says 35 or 40 baht for ABF.

If you are going to shell out over a 100 baht for a basic breakfast you might as well try the buffet, it's around the same price. Besides, where are you going to get, soup, spaghetti and meat sauce or fried chicken, or roast pork and various pastries, included as a bonus with a breakfast!

Just a word of warning for you steaK buffs......the steak at the Lek hotel buffet is so tough that you can`t chew through it. The last time I was there I mentioned this to the staff and they could not care less. :o ....you get what you pay for methinks.

I spent two weeks in Pattaya and The Wild Chicken (great fried potatoes (not hash browns), but the coffee is instant) and The Sportsman (potatoes not as good, but air-con and real coffee) were my favorite breakfast places.

I don't like the buffets because although much of what they have tastes OK, nothing tastes great.

I tried the APEX andf if you want to stuff yourself it's OK, but I far prefered the Sportsman for food and atmosphere.

I don't like the buffets because although much of what they have tastes OK, nothing tastes great.

I tried the APEX andf if you want to stuff yourself it's OK, but I far prefered the Sportsman for food and atmosphere.

The Sportsman, The Ritz are all great...whereas these buffets at the Apex and Lek hotels are only marginally so-so. Who wants to eat lashings of egg fried rice, piles of overcooked streaky bacon and ham heated in tepid water for breakfast?....not me! Oh, and I musn't forget the plastic fried eggs!! :o

OK, eat until you burst on this junk for, what, 100 baht?

try "smoochies up 2 you" soi postoffice near dk books, across from the "pump station"

norman puts out a huge plate, eggs, british style meats etc. i forget what he calls it, but unless you're really hungry, or sharing, don't get the big one.

tg

not thai

please please please tell me where in dodge city you can get a quality china'smeal

real china's not cooked by thais :o

You mean the RITZ and I agree best Brekkie in Pattaya.Owners a sound bloke aswell.

Sounds like the Ritz.............if however it was right next door to the Jolly Roger it would be the Nervous Wreck. :o

I know, I know, i/m splitting hairs. :D

Edited by thaiflyer1

I know that this one is not Pattaya but i think the best food must be from Yorkies just past Soi 13 in Jontium.

He is an English butcher and he supplies his resturant from his butchers shop next door.

So all the food is just like you can buy in the UK.

You realy want to try his Gammon, :D its the biggest one i have ever seen :o

I know that this one is not Pattaya but i think the best food must be from Yorkies just past Soi 13 in Jontium.

He is an English butcher and he supplies his resturant from his butchers shop next door.

So all the food is just like you can buy in the UK.

You realy want to try his Gammon, :D its the biggest one i have ever seen :o

...and the most expensive! :D