Does the Good Outweigh the Bad?

NoshowJones

It depends what do you define as good or bad.

As an example, for me it's good that I have a young wife, for others it's bad and disgusting.

For me it's good that I can get my way through by offering some bribes for others it's unacceptable.

For me the Junta is doing a good job at the moment, for others they are doing nothing.

Is bad and good an individual way of thinking and understanding situations in our lives?

• Like 2

For me it's good that I can get my way through by offering some bribes for others it's unacceptable.

Costas2008:

Enjoy your posts.

Many think of you as old-hand here, look to you for advice.

Please don't pay bribes, especially now with new government trying to clean up corruption.

ACT: Anti-Corruption Thailand.

Don't Pay Bribes.

• Like 1

Yeah possum the good out ways the bad....most of the time.

Except today for me....accident in my shed, not good...went to Bangkok Hospital and had stitches, not good.

Got a bloody bill for 11300 baht...

maybe tomorrow will be a good day...hey?

Except today for me....accident in my shed, not good...went to Bangkok Hospital and had stitches, not good.

Sorry to hear about that mate, hope you recover soon.

Whoa, that's expensive stitches, government hospitals charge around 250 bht for 6 stitches, including injections and meds to take home. Half your body must be covered!

Million time over, for me at least, the Qualitymof life and the life style I have, DEFINETLY would not get this in Europe or the States....

If I had to write all the good things about Thailand, I would be here all night, so I will list what I believe is bad.

1. The disgraceful road fatalities, and underage children riding motorcycles.

2. How individual Immigration offices, and Thai consulates make up their own rules. Having to report every 90 days on retirement or marriage extensions. Once a year should be sufficient.

How there is so much hassle getting marriage extensions.

3. How Thai guys in most cases are too cowardly to fight one to one, and always need about another six to back them up. I have never been involved in anything like this, but I keep reading about it both on Thaivisa, and in Stickmans website.

If you are like me, love living here, and love Thailand and it's people, they always want to help you, and in most cases, their honesty. lets hear your opinion about the very few negatives.

Much the same as our lives,good must outweigh the bad,otherwise we would seek more happiness somewhere else!

I believe that there are lots of TV posters who live here in Thailand, will say that the bad outweighs the good, as I have said, I believe there is very little bad in Thailand compared to other countries, and would like to hear your negatives.

• Like 1

That price seems quite excessive!

I know this topic is not original, but does the good outweigh the bad here in Thailand? I think the good outweighs the bad by a long way.

I have kids who need an education and a safe adolescence. Thailand is not the right place for that.

I agree with your first point, but your second?

Whoa, that's expensive stitches, government hospitals charge around 250 bht for 6 stitches, including injections and meds to take home. Half your body must be covered!

I kid you not....I have the receipts and when I fix the printer I will scan and show all...

I had 3 stiches inside and 4 on the top...total 7 stiches. Pretty deep hole that one.

Does the Good Outweigh the Bad?

My opinion on the question changes day to day, depending on what has happened. On average though, the good outweighs the bad (in Bangkok), and whenever I find myself in a western country I want to return to Thailand.

I have thought about this many times and I have not been able to pinpoint the exact reason(s) that I prefer Thailand, other than that my mind is at ease when I'm in this crazy place called Thailand. Go figure.

I know this topic is not original, but does the good outweigh the bad here in Thailand? I think the good outweighs the bad by a long way.

I have kids who need an education and a safe adolescence. Thailand is not the right place for that.

Would you not agree that the 2nd can be linked to the 1st ?

Would you not agree that the 2nd can be linked to the 1st ?

I'm not sure, exactly what is meant by safe adolescence.