Tourist from Leeds sexually assaulted after urinating at Oktoberfest Munich

webfact

Tourist from Leeds sexually assaulted after urinating at Oktoberfest Munich

SYDNEY: A MALE tourist has been sexually assaulted after going to urinate in bushes at the Oktoberfest beer festival in Munich.

The 24-year-old from Leeds in England was at the edge of the festival arena at Theresienwiese in the Munich borough of Ludwigsvorstadt-Isarvorstadt when he was sexually assaulted.

Bavaria Police said in a statement that the tourist was approached by a stranger, who “made it clear he wanted to have sex with him”.

The victim refused. Immediately his head was jolted back and he was dragged to the ground, where a second man held him down while he was raped.

The two men ran off after the incident.

There are 1500 toilets at the Oktoberfest festival and a kilometre of urinals but the numbers often prove insufficient for drinkers and many go to the outskirts of the fields to relieve themselves, The Independent reported.

Despite the attack and several other violent incidents at Oktoberfest, include an attempted rape of a woman, several other sexual assaults and brawls, police said crime is down so far compared to last year.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/tourist-from-leeds-raped-after-urinating-at-oktoberfest-munich/story-fnizu68q-1227075607708

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-09-30

Sorry guys, I do not see why I should find it humorous that another human being was the subject of a sexual assault, whether male or female. I hope they catch the perpetrators, and I wish the victim well in recovering.

Maybe, but let me quote Pierre Desproges once again: "You can laugh at everything, but not with everyone"

And myself too, by the way: "Those who practice or enjoy black humour are not necessarily insensitive people. On the contrary: black humour is often a way to diminish the sadness of certain events that would otherwise bring too much sorrow in our heart if they always were to be considered seriously"

• Like 2

Sorry guys, I do not see why I should find it humorous that another human being was the subject of a sexual assault, whether male or female. I hope they catch the perpetrators, and I wish the victim well in recovering.

Maybe, but let me quote Pierre Desproges once again: "You can laugh at everything, but not with everyone"

And myself too, by the way: "Those who practice or enjoy black humour are not necessarily insensitive people. On the contrary: black humour is often a way to diminish the sadness of certain events that would otherwise bring too much sorrow in our heart if they always were to be considered seriously"

Thats a crock of <deleted>.

Make these jokes about a female rape victim and see how quickly you are given a 3-day penalty.

• Like 1

Thats a crock of <deleted>.

Make these jokes about a female rape victim and see how quickly you are given a 3-day penalty.

Pierre Desproges was a French humorist, not a ThaiVisa moderator.

• Like 1