Tourists may be required to pay entrance fee for visiting Koh Tao

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think this is a good idea.

Not every country can afford the security and luxury of other places.

Tourist come to Koh Tao becuase its cheap.

If foreigners want more security they should pay for something rather then complain something is not good all the time.

No the solution is that everyone should shut up and change nothing. I hope the families of the victims understand that.

ok change nothing and everyone still complain.

if we want to change people complain.

People of Koh Tao to do and change what they want ka..

OK ... You are kidding ... yes?

Are you going to say you honestly beleive one Baht of this money will go to any constructive or meaningful organised and sustainable effort to make the island more safe? Really Really ??????????????????????

This is a grab for Tea Money at the lowest possible level and I am embarrassed for Thailand to be cast in this light on the world stage.

As for you ... please ... if you are going to smoke your lunch, please have the courtesy to turn off your computer first, lest you be tempted to "contribute" with this nonsense.

No I am not kidding.

So you think none of the money will go to security. You go and smoke your lunch.

How can we change if ignorant people like you write this kind of thing. Why are you here if you are so against thailand.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please have a word with these people, honestly,,,

Investing the money themselves will bring in more tourists as the safety of the island will be improved, therefore it will pay for itself. It makes absolutely no sense at all to ask the tourists themselves to pay for their own protection when this is something that the island should be doing anyway.

Unless of course it's just another Thai scam aimed at parting tourists with there hard earned cash.

In every country you pay big taxes but in thailand you don't.

Tourists benefit by not pay to much expense for good and services on the island and in thailand.

So if tourists want more protection they should pay.

Its simple.

Thais don't need the protection.

Yes, it's simple, tell that to the poor girl who was raped and thrown from the train.

Criminality in Thailand is increasing, if Thais kill the tourism, it will increase even faster...

I think this is a good idea.

Not every country can afford the security and luxury of other places.

Tourist come to Koh Tao becuase its cheap.

If foreigners want more security they should pay for something rather then complain something is not good all the time.

No the solution is that everyone should shut up and change nothing. I hope the families of the victims understand that.

ok change nothing and everyone still complain.

if we want to change people complain.

People of Koh Tao to do and change what they want ka..

The point is the headmen on the island are getting richer and richer, the islands money is almost solely from tourism. Instead of years of topping up the few land owners banks it should have been invested in the island. Unfortunately westerner's see this as wrong and Thais see this as normal.

• Like 1

Investing the money themselves will bring in more tourists as the safety of the island will be improved, therefore it will pay for itself. It makes absolutely no sense at all to ask the tourists themselves to pay for their own protection when this is something that the island should be doing anyway.

Unless of course it's just another Thai scam aimed at parting tourists with there hard earned cash.

Tourists benefit by not pay to much expense for good and services on the island and in thailand.

Its simple.

You are digging yourself into a dark hole.

• Like 2

I found the perfect solution to the Thainess... I crossed the border to ensure I don't support their regime any longer. Pity more expats don't follow suit and see what Thailand does when thousands exit - hurt them were it hurts the most ... in their wallets.

How anyone, with a conscience or a spine, stay in such a country and inevitably support their ways is beyond comprehension. Time to get of your bar stools and grow a pair, along with a spine - stop your pissing and moaning and do something about it.

• Like 2

are they mad ,now you have to pay to be safe in thailand ,what do the police get paid for ,OH yes to collect my 200Bt for speeding if i am speeding or not ,why not say its not safe there ,then there will be no problems ,its island stop boats going

Its simple.

You are digging yourself into a dark hole.

If I am digging a hole why do you want to be here?

This is a paradox. Complain on everything in thailand but still want to be here.

What a ridiculous idea! They are simply adding an insult to injury. However, foolish farangs will probably go long with it and make already rich village headman and his whole family even richer.

I was thinking something similar. How much will go to providing security and how much will be skimmed off by the influential families?

Screw it!... I'm tired of all the western expectations that I and others have about Thailand... Enter at your own Risk. There I said it and I can go back to being me. If your daughter gets raped and murdered... it ain't my problem.

Edited by Local Drunk

Koh Tao appears to be doing more financial damage to themselves.

I feel sorry for the small businesses there.

Hopefully one day this mess will be behind then and all they have to deal with is picking up dead jelly fish!

In an earlier report it was stated that KT generates 5 billion baht revenue annually, it would be interesting to know how much of that is used to improve infrastructure and ensure safety of tourists.

They receive funds for infrastructure and safety according to official population numbers.

The official number of residents on Koh Tao is 1,382 (2006)

should have had an arriveal tax 10 years ago.... and use to keep the island clean and tidy... trash is it's worst enemy.

Trash is a problem all over the country mainly because Thais drop their rubbish everywhere. Why should I pay when I don't cause it? Why not fine those that do?

Screw it!... I'm tired of all the western expectations that I and others have about Thailand... Enter at your own Risk. There I said it and I can go back to being me. If your daughter gets raped and murdered... it ain't my problem.

Yes I agree and stop coming here and acting like idiots.

Getting drunk and asking for problems.

• Like 1

That suggestion isn't going over to well here on TVF....time to cum up with something else! dry.png

How about a room tax? Easier to collect as no-one (farang) is likely to sleep on the beach.

That way they could buy some of those 150.000 baht CCTV cameras off the guys that sell the 99.000 baht microphones.

Please ignore this troll - look at the avatar; gangthai is obviously a 12 year old Thai girl venturing into the nasty grown-up world of public opinion and free speech - not her natural environment. Be gentle she is obviously a victim of brain-washing... Sorry, no pictures of kitties here.

I wish I was 12 thanks for the compliment.

That island will never see as much as 1 satang from me!I think

I think it is a great idea 100 pounds a single person and 150 pounds a couple this way their will be great security.

That is the rate per day Remember how beautiful Koh Tao is

Also at that rate no tourist problem solved

Edited by harryfrompattaya

It's seems to me that whereas stupidity was common before in Thailand, that now there is a tidal wave of it. It's a crescendo of stupidity. And yet it's seemingly organized. We now have a stupid press release each day, but each day it becomes more stupid than the day before. What? What is going on?

Please ignore this troll - look at the avatar; gangthai is obviously a 12 year old Thai girl venturing into the nasty grown-up world of public opinion and free speech - not her natural environment. Be gentle she is obviously a victim of brain-washing... Sorry, no pictures of kitties here.

I wish I was 12 thanks for the compliment.

OK a bored 40 year old bloke from Bradford?.

• Like 1

How about this one....

Payback time for all officials who allowed migrant workers work without working permit@500 bath fee.

Collect all the money payed over ...say a decade.....then think again how to set up a safe and secure Koh Tao

(with or without new illegal migrant workers@no fee)