Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

Its pathetic some of these responses, no matter who they find guilty, i would say a lot on this forum would cry fowl !! One has admitted it, what you think he did so for money...

Read the FBI literature on coerced confessions. Most subjects, in 11 hours of interrogation, can be made to admit to absolutely anything.

Only DNA will solve this case, and DNA verified by authorities outside of the payoff train. UK should get involved in the DNA testing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The news footage of him buying ciggies, {wearing the same shirt as today) if it was on the fatal night why isnt his hair blonde?

Its already been reported that he died his hair back to black to not get caught , apparantly its also on cctv .

clap2.gif soo many experts behind a keyboard. Reading bunch of online articles, watching TV and now you know better than the authorities. Seems like many people here refuse to believe anything but Thai murderer, even if it really was other nationality. And only Thais are the bad guys, and people of other nations don't ever commit such crime. ermm.gif

So what do you believe?

If we are wrong what happenned...

Can you please list the things you have heard in this case that you believe?

Waiting..

Does anyone know what happened to Sean McAnna ,. was it his body they found floating off Koh Samet?

That`s a very good question! I have been looking about what happend to him after he left Koh Tao.

He was always seen wearing a black\grey t-shirt and shorts. He said he was going to leave to another Island on a boat where no one knew him. And from there make his way to the airport.

He (Sean) told to the journalists that he was being approached on by 3 asian men who knew that Sean knew David (the victim). They asked him some questions and he answerd, he was also drunk when he answerd these questions, he said. The 3 asian men then told him that they knew he killed them (Hannah and David) and that he had 2 peoples death`s in his hands.

The video if the interview is here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T-crgOK3QOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

News about the dead tourist outside Koh Samet: 29/ Sep/ 2014

Body of Male Foreigner Found off the Coast of Koh Samet Island

The body of an unidentified "foreigner" was reportedly found off the coast of Koh Samet island on Sunday. According to Khaosod English, "police described the deceased as a male 170-cm-tall Caucasian wearing a black T-shirt and short black pants at the time of his death. Police say they found a wound caused by a blunt object on the back of his head and 'numerous' bruises on his body, suggesting that he was murdered before being dumped into the sea. The incident is under investigation."

You must be jolking , please do not make it worse than it is.

Sean McAnna is safe back home in Scotland where he's been for over one week . He deleted his facebook profile only a few days ago because of all the spam (messages ) he got there. Ask his family where he is if you dont believe me.

Please end this now.

End his involvement or the speculation of it as there no facts out yet at all ?

He should be ignoring his advice he's receiving and start singing now before innocent men are falsely tried and mistreated.

That is his civic duty I would feel.

clap2.gif soo many experts behind a keyboard. Reading bunch of online articles, watching TV and now you know better than the authorities. Seems like many people here refuse to believe anything but Thai murderer, even if it really was other nationality. And only Thais are the bad guys, and people of other nations don't ever commit such crime. ermm.gif

So what do you believe?

Waiting..

I was gonna write a tomfoolerish post, then I ran out of things to write.

The news footage of him buying ciggies, {wearing the same shirt as today) if it was on the fatal night why isnt his hair blonde?

Its already been reported that he died his hair back to black to not get caught , apparantly its also on cctv .

Can you say gullible?

Thais love guys like you.

2 asians sperm in 1 condom, right? so meanwhile during this vicious attack 1 guy turns to the other and says " put this on, so you dont get any infections, its half filled but theres plenty of room for some more"......really?

No. 2 asians' dna inside the rape victim.

1 condom found on the beach with no dna inside, allegedly.

So what do you believe?

Waiting..

People of other nations don't commit crimes ? Who on earth spouted that tripe.

It's very late my friend and time for bed I think ! :)

Tonight I watched Nation TV where the police commissioner said to wait for a complete investigation.

Let wait and listen carefully when the police commissioner or 3-4 stars police general will give a press conference ( if any ) about this case on Friday.

I don't think we know about the detail investigation whether it is real or rumor that spread or just a speculation theory.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I will believe it when the DNA results is a match.

I won't even believe it then, as they can [and do] tamper with, loose and misplace results any time it's convenient for them.

What is needed at this point is some international human rights investigation into the farce of the current investigation, but sadly the Myanmar government doesn't believe in human rights.............

And It wouldn't surprise me at all if a Burma slave worker would confess to a crime he didn't commit if a generous gift was promised to his dirt poor family back home.

Do you really think Thailand will lie about this when the whole world is watching ? We are going to follow the trial here , it will not be an easy ride for the Burmese , thats for sure.

Even if Thailand has a lot of problems with corruption lets face the facts here.

On Koh Tao about 80% of the workers are immigrants , not Thais. So there is a bigger chance an immigrant did this than a Thai just by looking at the numbers,

Most "detectives" on Thaivisa here already sentenced the headmans family , because he is rich and wealthy and can do whatever he wants and buy anything and anyone. am sure he is guilty of a lot of corruption but to kill another human being just like that is not something anyone can do.

So we have an arrest , and if the DNA matches on him and his two friends I am willing to believe it , he is probably also the guy from the CCTV footage.

You may not like it but I do not think Thailand will risk this on a scapegoat when the whole world is watching , we will follow the trial and the severe sentences, wether it'll be a death penalty or a life in prison .

"Do you really think Thailand will lie about this when the whole world is watching ?"

do you remember when the 3 saudis diplomat got murdered in bangkok? (yes 3 diplomats!!!!), certainly by powerful thai people? In the final investigation, the thai police conclude "a guy named Ali is involved, more or less, in these crime". I joke you not!

yeah the world is watching! you are really gullible as someone above said.

Come on, 3 weeks to finally write this story?

3 days to get proof read by the boss?

I thought of it in just one day. Yesterday I wrote how they would just grab an illegal worker because of their illegal rights here, and they would most likely comply. And today I read this, not pleased...

Lets see the cops already beat up, and tortured one victim that wouldn't confess to saying who supposedly did it, they still don't have the DNA of the village headman's son, but I bet they have under the table payment to look the other way, now they have some other poor victim, and more then likely have beaten him to a bloody pulp, to make this so called confession, this whole thing is smelling like a croak of Bull $hit.

Get the DNA of the headman's son, why won't he have a swab taken to fully clear him, this Sherlock (Key Stone Cops) murder investigation is getting way out of hand. For the cops to save thier all important "Thai face" they need someone, anyone, facepalm.gifcheesy.giffacepalm.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif so they got thier man now, poor guy, I hope his family has made a tidy bit of cash, at leastwhistling.gif

Ok lets bring on the tagged, wrist banded, ID'd well watched, curfewed, paying as you enter, tourists back onto Koh Tao , all is over, we have solved the murder, with this very lucky break, what a boggled up mess this has been from the very start.

And this post is why Social media will find some form of social justice,

if corrupt officials won't stand up for the right we can,

everyone who knows anything can keep this case alive in the hope of justice for the family,

why do Thai Visa limit the likes one poster can add,,, I have a daily quota of positive vibes I can share, can I pay to have more??,

some posts on here deserve 100000 liikes,

and there is no dislike button,

Censorshhip at its best....C'mon too many people here know enough to not let this rest...

Plus stop starting a new thread on the same crime every day....stop hoping it will go away and let the truth be said.......

Can you say gullible?

Thais love guys like you.

No they don't , I hate any Thais commiting crimes as much as anyone else , but this forum take things out of proportions all the time , the Thai media don't try to hide it when Thais rape and murder , like what happened on that train, a Thai was sentenced to death , and it had a wide coverage in the media.

It's a fact that most workers on that Island are immigrants so it shouldnt be a surprise an immigrant did it. Even if it looks like it was a coverup .

If it really is a cover up the whole world will know sooner or later , do you really think Thailand will risk that.

Edited by balo

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

Why not? Britons have their way of reproduction?

There are a lot of CCTV pictures of these two people, they are sitting at the same table in one bar, but never sitting together.

All the street shots, they are in different groups, not together.

People intending to have sex, usually are together for a while first.

I would have expected to see CCTV of them walking together, holding hands, standing close, but nothing like that happens.

They were not together as a couple at any time in the evening.

you assume too much, and do not assume enough

they were young

they were partying

there was surely alcohol,

there may have been some drugs,

they may have made the plan to meet without their friends knowing, so no PDA

clearly, he lied to his roomate that he was going for cigarettes and instead went to the bar to meet with her,

she may have been waiting, and had been observed

but,

the UK gov't is involved

they will likely ask for DNA samples of their own,

they surely must have collected that at her return to UK

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

why isnt a thai person capable? how about that ting tang that killed all those kids not long ago in bangkok? evil people are capable of anything doesnt matter where they are from!!!!

Edited by bannorkbannork

adjusted the CCTV's color provided by the police. It appears that there was somebody who was walking in front of him when he was walking back. Why did police edited out the missing 2 minutes?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=707139219363806&set=vb.596740650403664&type=2&theater

Two people. If you watch it looks like a dude to the left and a girl with long hair on the right.

It took me a while to see it too.... At the suggestion of a poster I took a few takes to realise it does appear to be two people.

I am with you.. I also thought it was female

So what do you believe?

Waiting..

People of other nations don't commit crimes ? Who on earth spouted that tripe.

It's very late my friend and time for bed I think ! smile.png

That's fine, but is it better than "People of our nationality don't commit crimes? I've seen unimaginable violence, Thai on Thai. From where stand, Thai people are capable of anything, as are most of the people in this world. It has nothing to do with nationality.

This "Thai people wouldn't do this" has got to stop.

Edited by Sirbergan

If they have them, good on them. Could be yet another red herring, I wouldn't be surprised. If not, not a bad turn around time wise.

That said, it could have happened a lot sooner.....

'Ok, let's DNA test everyone on the island'

- 'Great idea, shall we start with those we've questioned and were close to the crime scene? What about those Burmese guitar players on the beach who work in the nearby bar'

'Nah, I spoke with them, they said they just went home'

'

adjusted the CCTV's color provided by the police. It appears that there was somebody who was walking in front of him when he was walking back. Why did police edited out the missing 2 minutes?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=707139219363806&set=vb.596740650403664&type=2&theater

Two people. If you watch it looks like a dude to the left and a girl with long hair on the right.

It took me a while to see it too.... At the suggestion of a poster I took a few takes to realise it does appear to be two people.

I am with you.. I also thought it was female

At the beginning of this Investigation, they took DNA samples from 10 women who live on the Island. After the Police reviewed this Video, What were the results of these DNA samples and if they did a through DNA test, which can take up to 2 weeks to complete and tie anyone related to these women on the Island, and see if any match the DNA recovered from the crime scene.

Benmart, on 03 Oct 2014 - 01:42, said:
GuyL, on 02 Oct 2014 - 17:38, said:

A guy named 'Win' can't be such a loser!? tongue.png

Humor is a sad partner for murder.

How Woody Allen did dare joking about the Holocaust then (in 'Deconstructing Harry', for instance)?

Again: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/764704-tourist-from-leeds-sexually-assaulted-after-urinating-at-oktoberfest-munich/#entry8465491

it is incredible,

no outcome was going to satisfy the people who write messages on their computer, hoping that their fellow ethernet phantoms will somehow validate their preposterous theories

all these baseless assumptions,

these 3 were there,

they were seen there by others,

people on boats reported 3 guys with guitars

one died his hair

one hid his guitar, probably same guy

they had opportunity

rape was the motive,

david was hit from behind to immobilize him, and when he tried to fight was hit again

why is this so hard to swallow?

the one, unfinished condom points to david being inside her

the lack o condoms in the rapists shows it was an opportunity crime.

give it a rest,

there will be corroboration as this is too big a case for the usual nonsense,

other than beating a taxi driver, who it may turn out, drove them home

When is someone going to arrest Lord Lucan, why oh why did it take twenty odd years for BTK to be brought to justice! A lot to learn ......that made my day. And to the guy who cannot understand my previous post. In a nutshell, more than a handful of nuts on here think that a few years in Thailand makes them experts. They slag off the police without any facts. They jump on any bandwagon because they want to appear knowledgable. One person implies i am a new arrival in Thailand because i only joined this site recently. Not quite true...i actually spent over thirty years meeting people from all walks of life, of all social strata here and actually trying to get a balanced view before ever looking at TV. And yes that did involve the odd policeman or two. Goodness, only a fool would suggest that this case has been handled well, but i reiterate, the amateur sleuths are no better. And to the person who suggested i should do crosswords rather than read posts here i will give you a clue. One across : Large over the top prejudiced person (5 letters). Answers on a postcard.

Also "well paid for working after hours"? Big OT?

So why werent they picked up earlier from the dna tests that were performed on the whole island that was said to have come up with no matches,. and how come the no farang Dna on the sperm found. oh god so many holes here .. unless the police were telling porkies the whole time and had the case buttoned up from day one.

MSN UK says they've had the guy since the day after the murders.

He made a confession. like the rest before him, Burmese do not do this , common ,the whole Country knows it happens.

I know many Burmese they are not capable of this,

The world now has to take notice of this injustice, lets wait and hear about the DNA evidence .

Edited by phanangpete

So why werent they picked up earlier from the dna tests that were performed on the whole island that was said to have come up with no matches,. and how come the no farang Dna on the sperm found. oh god so many holes here .. unless the police were telling porkies the whole time and had the case buttoned up from day one.

MSN UK says they've had the guy since the day after the murders.

Excactly , do you think Thaivisa is the source of everything that goes on behind the scene ? We know that police in civilian clothes have been observing suspects on the island days after the killings to get some evidence. The three burmese guys never tried to escape the island simply because they couldn't, they were followed by undercover police according to one of the latest news articles. Edited by balo