Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely unbelievable nonsense, and I don't mean this anouncement about the suspects.

What is beyond belief is that every single poster on this thread (from what I've read so far) is ridiculing this latest progress after spending the last few weeks ridiculing the investigation's lack of progress in finding the culprits.

You lot have no information whatsoever on the case yet there are so many morons coming up with irrational comments like "I don't believe a word of it", "so they've found someone to blame it on", "have they checked the DNA", "BS", "this can't be right" etc, etc.

The world is not asking ThaiVisa members to solve this case, the Thai police are not asking that either, nobody outside of the investigation gives a flying fart what the uninformed, ignorant posters here think about what might actually be a professional, successful investigation. Ultimately it may not be, but so far things are moving in the right direction.

It seems that whatever Thailand does about anything will never be satisfactory to the vast majority of negative, mickey-takers that populate this forum and maybe it's time for these nay-sayers to shut up and accept that, whilst they may not like Thailand's authorities achieving some success in the investigation of these murders, by finding the alleged culprits the authorities are at least achieving something, and something positive.

A lot of words for your flying fart attitude.

Justice would be nice and not to cover up a thai crime.

Disgusting arrogant thai behaviour

Is there a chance it actually is these workers?

I doubt it myself and do 99.9% think it's a stitch up even with this DNA match....but....is there a chance it is them?

(I know we can't say too much on TV but i am sure many of us know what is said to be the "real" story of who did it)

Gangthai is completely right.....you all moan about injustice and how bad Thailand is and you won't accept when a suspect confesses to a crime...what more do the Thai Police have to do?.....pathetic farang that want to live in Thailand and criticize Thailand forever.

Can you not accept the positives of Thailand?

Beautiful country, wonderful religion, wonderful King, best food, most illustrious history, friendly people, beautiful culture, amazing Thailand......why do you only bitch about Thailand?

Can you not see the corruption and badness in any other country?

I am truly blessed to live in the best country in the world and to respect Thai law and to abide by Thai law.....I don't understand the moaning and griping.....if you don't like Thai law....go back to your country...if you love Thailand stay and be respectful of the wonderful culture and kindness of the most amazing people in the world....you can be pathetic and criticize but Thailand is Number One and always will be

I think it is showing very poor taste that to associate, even by good way, His Majesty Rama IX with this pathetic story, ans with some poorly redacted 'propaganda' statement.

I do understand you are thai, so I would advice you to be more careful when the choice of your exemples when you are commenting on a very sensible subject for the expatriate community.

Futhermore, your way of patronizing most of the posters here (who may or may not agree with you) is simply disgusting. While we moan and whinne, at least it is for something real and that important : THE LIFE OF OUR FELLOW CITIZENS OR FELLOW EXPATRIATE.

Your post is simply outrageous, to the departed familly, to most of the posters here (whatever their opinion), and even to Thailand (as you dared to associate His Majesty with the crimeS). In fact I was so shocked that I had to report you and your post to the moderators, and ask my boss for a personal leave from office.

Following the confession, Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Somyos Pumphanmuang rushed to Koh Tao at 5 pm Thursday to get prepared for holding a press conference Friday.

Pity he didn't rush there to solve the crime initially, but happy to wallow in the glory!

2 asians sperm in 1 condom, right? so meanwhile during this vicious attack 1 guy turns to the other and says " put this on, so you dont get any infections, its half filled but theres plenty of room for some more"......really?

No, this is not true. There was no mention of sperm or dna from the condom.

I still don't understand what was the weapon or how did this kid kill both of them. This story sounds like a lot of bullshit with no facts.

The murder weapon was stated earlier to be a hoe. He could kill the guy with one blow and the woman would be in total shock and easy to take. Not my way but it seems to happen a lot locally.

_77934261_hi023951332.jpg

"Mr Miller's family said they had been particularly touched by vigils held by people on Koh Tao"

In the midst of all the Thai bashing this is a good image to keep in mind.

This act is just because of the fear that the ghosts of Hannah and David could do some retaliation to the thais.......

How can they be sure that the ghosts will not do their retaliation until the real murderers are brought to justice ?

Because they all know that the real murderers will never brought to justice so they pray and hope

the ghosts will not be angry so much ;-)

Highly predictable BS,

My girlfriend was looking at the Thai reports on one of the Thai language news forums, guess what?, hundreds of replies all from Thai people that are all saying the same - complete and utter BS!!, the vast majority of them seem to think the headman and his family are at the root of this crime as well!

I feel sick!

Good to hear the Thai people have enough sense to smell utter and complete BS when confronted with it. My heart goes out to these obviously innocent Burmese guys that were framed. And to their families. Shame on the Thai police for not having the courage to arrest the true perp. And shame on the army for not doing the right thing here. With this incident alone, they conveyed to millions, that there is a lot of doubt they are willing to rock the boat, and upset the apple cart.
Yes, it is heartening to know that many Thais are seeing this press release as a load of gee kwai (bullshit). I dearly hope that, when this frame-up is shown to be forced, that all cops from top brass on down who were involved in the 3-hour 'interrogation' are stripped of their rank. Also, if/when it's proved the village headman has been so active (with money and threats) in screwing the investigation that he will be charged with 'obstruction of justice' and punished. However, I don't think there's a rule re; obstruction of justice in Thailand. I know it's not illegal here to 'harbor a criminal.' Similar to when it was found out, recently, that Thailand has no laws re; 'deadbeat dads' nor 'men hiring women to make babies for sale', Thailand needs to yank its justice system out of the 19th century and in to the 21st.

The judicial system here will be reformed. It is just a matter of time. Could take decades, but Thailand will be embarrassed into reforming this completely broken system. The real shame is that even when police do good work, when it comes before the prosecutor, if the family of the perp has cash, or influence, they can usually buy him off. And if the perp has the bad fortune of getting prosecuted by one of the only three or four honest prosecutors in the country, he can always pay off the judge. From that I hear, they are even more compromised. So, the system will have to be reformed. It is just a matter of time. Thailand cannot gain a higher standing in the world community without the rule of law, which they sorely lack at this time.

I'm having a hard time fitting the bar owner and policeman that threatened to kill the Scottish witness into this Burmese migrants x3 story. Were such powerful local figures covering up for some Burmese restaurant staff? Really?

The police that hassled and threatened the Ware brothers after they arrived at Bkk on the way home. How excatly do they fit into this?

How does the speedboat "Little Duck" that was seen fleeing from Koh Tao and police on the morning of the murder fit into this?

There is almost certainly a lot more to this story than we know atm. I can believe that the 3 suspects did the crime, but not for the reason they said.

From your perspective you believe the story of Sean McAnna , that he was chased into a 7 eleven and took the picture .

But cctv footage inside the shop shows that he was walking slowly , he was not running like it was some kind of chase from the bar owner and his friend in the local police.

They could just have tried to find out if Sean was guilty or not. You know asking him questions .

Sean could have been high on something or very drunk and probably scared , but don't think that everything he tells is the truth .

I pray none of the family members of the young victims never get to read some of the tasteless and banal comment and speculation about the case published on the Forum. The same goes for Thai and Myanmar nationals who are the subject of racist sneers.

Don't the clowns responsible for these posting think before they spout? And don't the Forum posting rules such as the one below apply any more?

"You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation".

I don't believe the confession.

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

She was dragged off and attacked, he ran to help, now that story makes sense.

I believe it was a Thai related to the head man who is guilty, else why would they covered up for so long.

Allow me to expand on this. Many are probably skeptical. Why would an uneducated, poor Myanmar worker confess to this heinous murder when the result will be almost certain death? Let me suggest the following. Certain assurances are made by the Village Head Masters family and in cooperation with the police significant (For a Myanmar family) amounts of money are given to the family of the accused Myanmar worker. Promises are made to him that if he confesses his mother and father and sisters and brothers, his whole family will never want for anything. He is told that if he sacrifices himself he will be the savior of his family and they can surely rise above their poverty and position forever. What greater gift can a wayward son give his family? He's deprived of sleep, He's frightened. He's certainly guilty, in his own mind, of being a worthless sod. Finally, he has the opportunity do make "Merit", to do good and so he gladly confesses and is provided all the lurid details of the crime by the police and coached on the reenactment. He will go to his maker certain he did the right thing. That's just my take on things. An enterprising reporter or investigative writer with skill far greater than mine might want to follow up and pay a visit to the village in Myanmar where the poor son of a bitch grew up and see how his family is getting on with their new found wealth.

" An enterprising reporter or investigative writer....."

Good post, but this makes me wonder. Are there any in Thailand or are they all scared to look under rocks and in dark places for the truth? They say the truth hurts. In some cases it can get people killed.

Yep....the truth does hurt. Most of you have heard of Neil Hutchison's books...Money Number One, Fool in Paradise, The Fool is Back, etc. But when is the last time you've seen any of Neil's books in the bookstores here? A few months ago I noticed at Asia Books that none of Neil's books were there and when I asked the bookstore attendants they told me that a number of Thais had complained that Neil's books were giving Thailand a bad name. So I went to Neil's web site moneynumberone.net and asked what happened. One thing led to another and I wound up meeting with Neil a few times, and of course I found out this was completely true. Influential Thais viewed Heil and his books as a threat to the status quo, that status quo being that money is number one and not just with bar girls. It's on every level in this society.

I have followed this fairly closely, my heart goes out to the families of those two Brits, bright stars with all their lives ahead of them, tragically and needlessly cut short.

I can only hope this whole thing isn't a massive fit up for these ill educated workers.

I also hope the DNA testing is totally independent and beyond the reach of the Thai police.

It does smack of a huge cover up and a convenient ending now, Foreign workers, case now 98% closed, all comparmentalised, and all baggage neatly tucked away.

CSI Thai style, with a large helping of corruption and need to FIND a killer/s

Words fail me, I just hope 3 innocent men with all their lives ahead of them aren't being stitched up for a crime they know nothing about.

While real murderers are out there with a smug look on their faces.

The DNA testing from the victims was done, if I remember correctly, in Singapore. Further testing can be done in the UK.

What face saving theories the cynics will come up with when the suspects DNA is (if it is) matched with the one found in the victims, is anyone's guess. Maybe they'll try to argue that the Koh Tao mafia bribed the laboratories in Singapore and the UK... :rolleyes:

Semen was found and a cigarette was found. If both proved to be his we can conclude he is the guy.

shut up you thai sycophant. You make me sick!!
???

Hey nicky--are you perhaps a "dive-master"? Feeling a bit apprehensive now? Employment opportunities kinda slim on Koh Tao these days? rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

I guess you could always try yer luck on Phuket biggrin.png

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

I thought trolling was against forum rules ?

PLEASE...... ignore the trolls-we have enough garbage to scroll through.

As long as we can see the trial and the burmese guys sentenced to life in prison justice has been done.

No I dont believe they are scapegoats , their life is now over and will end in a thai prison .

And the world media is watching so I believe they caught the right guys, yes i know you wanted the killers to be hi so influential Thais but the truth is more important.

What odds you going to give me that the bloke who confessed now, suddenly, commits suicide in prison? That would not surprise me at all, as it would "resolve" the situation. The whole thing is so transparent it's beyond belief.

so are your assumptions. Nobody here KNOWS anything, guessing, assuming, and gossiping is what these posts amount to. A suspicious approach is warranted but what is happening here is tantamount to slander.

post-62192-0-58572000-1412306179_thumb.j

post-62192-0-62501700-1412306202_thumb.j

The suspect was caught wearing the same T-shirt (ACTWO), the same night that the crime happened. He didn't try to flee or escape anywhere, and he went to work at AC2 Restaurant everyday.. WTH????

Edited by mataleo

attachicon.gif10382046_1576587039230997_7559234088551015115_o.jpg

attachicon.gif10694260_707652812645780_7893383780817407581_o.jpg

The suspect was caught wearing the same T-shirt (ACTWO), the same night that the crime happened. He didn't try to flee or escape anywhere, and he went to work at AC2 Restaurant everyday.. WTH????

Yes! of course! you know that! its irrefutable proof!

By the way, I thought his hair was supposed to have been BLONDE on the night of the murders!