I Swear...This is the absolute TRUTH !

weegee

I believe you! personally I have never changed 90 day check ins,or visa extensions,or been asked to produce photos or maps of where I live.But get the wrong over zealous Immigration officer and anything can happen.

And this will continue indefinately until training of Immigration officers is standardised,and leaves no opportunity for personal vendettas!

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to do the same. Pictures of myself and the wife sitting on the bed. Photo's of the wardrobes to show both mine and her clothes, both of us standing in the front of the house, showing the house number. The funny thing is I rent the house we are living in at the moment and so when they saw her house registration was a different address ( her mums ) they made me write her mums address. So this would in theory wipe-out the pictures we took but they accepted them. Very odd but true!

The first time I extended my visa they asked for a few photos in the front of the house and with the clothes visible - very normal.

After that I think they never again requested photos except for one in front of the house.

whistling.gif It is a standard requirement to need photos of the married couple to show them seated in the bedroom.

Take your mind out of the gutter, all they want is to see that you actually live together.

They will also want you and your wife outside the house and probably showing the house number in that photo.

They may pay you a visit to verify that.

rolleyes.gif

How does it prove you live together?

If it were a sham marriage it would be so easy to bring a few clothes and dump them in a wardrobe.

Nothing new regarding that. There have been many "staged" marriages where expats doing it only for the easy visa renewal.

So if they want, they can demand proof that you actually lives together with your wife.

A friend of mine up north east had them coming to his house and looking around.

I agree with you. They seem to profile couples and I have seen them giving hassle to couples where the wife dresses and acts like a bar girl on the make. They check wive's I.D.s and their history so they may know something the husbands don't know about their past which rings alarm bells. There are many staged marriages. Also there are many suspicious untimely deaths of foreign husbands who seem to die after building the house up country. One of my friends was killed and barbequed in Hua Hin by his wife. Another has just "passed away" after buying a car, an apartment in Bangkok, a house up country and lastly put all his money into starting a Company in his wife's name that he met in Soi Cowboy.

Edited by Estrada

This isn't really surprising to me. Very similar to the process of Green Card by marriage. Immigration officer will get deep, I mean real deep, into your personal life in order to make sure your marriage is genuine.

I have had to supply two photos in the house with items of furniture, one at the front with the happy couple that includes the ground line and the roof line. In the past I had to show us in front of the wardrobe pointing at our clothes, last two years they did not ask for this.

I flat out refuse to believe this preposterous story. If immigration had suspicions about the legitimacy of the marriage they would have the local police interview the couple. This is a troll post.

Maybe you haven't renewed a visa recently? I've been renewing a retirement visa for 7 years consequetively. This year I took the xact same stuff I provide every year and was told it wasn't good enough. The reason? My cash was held on a fixed deposit account instead of a savings or current account that would show movements across it.

Personal invasion? Well I also had to draw a map of how to get to my house.

I don't know if the OP is a troll or not, but for sure Immigration are, as a matter of principle, being awkward these days. I think they want people to know it's not a slam dunk anymore, even if you have the right documents, so they will always ask for something extra over and above what is actually required.

Well f##k em. next year I'm going to Savanakhet and I'll use my 800k for something else. I'm not <deleted> on anyone's shoe and refuse to be treated like it.

whistling.gif It is a standard requirement to need photos of the married couple to show them seated in the bedroom.

Take your mind out of the gutter, all they want is to see that you actually live together.

They will also want you and your wife outside the house and probably showing the house number in that photo.

rolleyes.gif

So a photo in some unknown bedroom shows you're married. Yeah sure. Another pointless bureaucratic requirement that proves absolutely nothing.

If they don't believe the application is genuine then do a house visit. Intrusive, but at least it would serve a purpose.

Been renewing for several years and only ever taken photo's of us in the Lounge and outside the front gate next to the house number. I use the same prints every year and often they don't even look at them or throw them back at us.

I think this woman will be happy if you provide her with a home made blue movie, nothing less will satisfy her curiosity.

I believe you !

My wife went to apply for a visa to Greece, the guys at the consulate asked her to show pictures of us during our previous holidays !!!

That's normal when applying for a Schengen Visa. Either that or they want you to produce travel tickets for previous travel together, depending on which country you are applying for.

I flat out refuse to believe this preposterous story. If immigration had suspicions about the legitimacy of the marriage they would have the local police interview the couple. This is a troll post.

It has been a standard requirement of many Immigration offices for years. Most ask, some don't.

The same goes for the map with directions from the Immigration office to the house so that they can come and check. Some check, most don't.

i gotta go in and get my non-o marriage visa extended pretty soon, what exactly are the current rules for extending a non-o marriage.. what do you need to bring, the marriage certificate, a bankbook, whatelse.. just so i don't forget anything..

rolleyes.gif

So a photo in some unknown bedroom shows you're married. Yeah sure. Another pointless bureaucratic requirement that proves absolutely nothing.

If they don't believe the application is genuine then do a house visit. Intrusive, but at least it would serve a purpose.

On first application for a marriage extension the Immigration Police normally visit your house and file quite a long report written whilst they enjoy a free coffee and buscuit's at your expense. They usually ask you to have two other residents who know you and live nearby there at the time of their visit. After the first year they don't usually turn up again.

Edited by trainman34014

i gotta go in and get my non-o marriage visa extended pretty soon, what exactly are the current rules for extending a non-o marriage.. what do you need to bring, the marriage certificate, a bankbook, whatelse.. just so i don't forget anything..

If you've renewed before you should already know as nothing has changed. If you are unsure then visit the visa forum and they will give you all the requirements.

its gonna be my first time, was legally married last year but kept doing border runs every 3 months on my previous non-o that i had obtained w/o being married.. do you have a thread link so i don't unnecessarily start a new one..appreciated

If you've renewed before you should already know as nothing has changed. If you are unsure then visit the visa forum and they will give you all the requirements.

Edited by pkspeaker
  • Like 1