Just for the Fun of it: Ducati Diavel vs Indian Scout?

frankphuket

Yeah I know one of those threads.

Just seen photos of the Indian Scout and it will be in the Indian showroom in Bangkok by the end of this month, start selling from end December.

Gorgeous bike in my opinion, priced around 850K.

In this price range we then have the Ducati Diavel with all its power!

I guess everybody will jump at me and say "Horses for courses".

From what i gathered the Scout is quite a powerful cruiser as well, so maybe the comparison isn't THAT far off.

I guess nobody has driven both anywhere else yet, cause the Scout is very new.

As said...for the fun of it!

I been told the Diavel is a cool ride and something super sports bikers buy when they gets old.

The Indian Scout seems to be a very cool bike too, +100HP and loads of torque.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/first-drives/5-things-i-learned-riding-the-2015-indian-scout

I will assume that Ducati have more dealer ships thus easier service.

Have you considered the 2015 Ducati Scrambler, 800 cc V-twin with 75 HP, perhaps less than 1/2 price of the 2 above, but looks fun/cool too, must be perfect for Phuket Island.

I been told the Diavel is a cool ride and something super sports bikers buy when they gets old.

The Indian Scout seems to be a very cool bike too, +100HP and loads of torque.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/first-drives/5-things-i-learned-riding-the-2015-indian-scout

I will assume that Ducati have more dealer ships thus easier service.

Have you considered the 2015 Ducati Scrambler, 800 cc V-twin with 75 HP, perhaps less than 1/2 price of the 2 above, but looks fun/cool too, must be perfect for Phuket Island.

Yeah, the Scrambler looks kinda funky, but not sure if the HP will be leaving me wanted for more after a short while.... Plus probably only available January or later. Was looking for something before that...

Ducati would surely be easier to service, as i wouldn't even know how to do it with the Indian here in Phuket...but always think where there is a will there is a way. Not going to put huge milage on the bikes per year, so i guess service is not a major factor. I do like the electronic aids on the Diavel on the hills when wet here in Phuket. Was told that the Scout will come with ABS, not like the American version without....at least!

diavel!

more powerful, sexy, sure better chassis, handling and brakes and components to handle that 162 hp and looks much more better too.

Also a good electronic suite to save your a...ss when needed.

And Scout goes very expensive normally it is a 350 k THB bike in USA but as Diavel is assembled here, it has a more reasonable price as it is around 600 k thb in USA.

Still, if you are fond of iron horses and love cruisers and choppers, go for scout.

• Like 1

I would go for Diavel for the looks and power.

However there are quite a few nice ones to consider for cruisers. Honda CTX1300 or Valkyrie seems nice as well as Yamaha V-Max or Honda VTX1800 with all its Chrome:)

LL here Diavel is around 8xx, xxx isnt it?

Edited by sup3r1or

Actually, as per latest Ducati Rama 3 price list:

The Diavel Black (facelift version) is 859,000 intro price and later 919,000.

Interesting as well the Multi has a special price of 799,000!

No news of Scrambler prices there yet.

It is 9xx.xxx.

right, 900 k thb.

but what a bike! scout is hot iron when you compare with diavel.

Special Offer on Diavel Dark until Oct 31.

2015, Diavel Dark
  • ราคาพิเศษ: 749,000 บาท
  • ดาวน์เริ่มต้น 30% หรือ 224,700 บาท
  • อัตราดอกเบี้ย 4.90%
  • ฟรีค่าจดทะเบียน + ประกันภัยชั้น 1 (ปีแรก)

http://www.ducatithailand.com/company/special_offers.do

(And some other great offers)

The Indian feels more like a marketing concept, where clever business people (Polaris) bought the brand name after the original company went bankrupt in 1953, and came out with some kind of modern retro bikes.

The Ducati on the other hand, is a much more interesting machine, both from an engineering and performance point. The looks can certainly be argued.

My vote goes for the Ducati.

Edited by shimizu

Wow, that is a fantastic price and no more reason to wait...won't get any better.

Multi at 799,000 very good price too.

It seems the majority of ThaiVisa members suggest the Diavel anyhow, which I completely understand. performance and engineering is on a different level.

The Scout just warmed my heart a bit when i first saw it....and for a retro/vintage old school cruiser it ain't that bad performance wise.

Maybe not Ferrari vs Range Rover....but Porsche Panamera vs Mercedes Benz G Class....:)

both nice in their own way...

Special Offer on Diavel Dark until Oct 31.

2015, Diavel Dark
  • ราคาพิเศษ: 749,000 บาท
  • ดาวน์เริ่มต้น 30% หรือ 224,700 บาท
  • อัตราดอกเบี้ย 4.90%
  • ฟรีค่าจดทะเบียน + ประกันภัยชั้น 1 (ปีแรก)

http://www.ducatithailand.com/company/special_offers.do

(And some other great offers)

The Scout just warmed my heart a bit when i first saw it....and for a retro/vintage old school cruiser it ain't that bad performance wise.

You can indulge your heart with a second bike, but your primary ride should warm an area about 18" south.wink.png

Wow, didn't know the Diavel had a seat heater. w00t.gif

Now, that is truly useful here in Thailand! whistling.gif

You can indulge your heart with a second bike, but your primary ride should warm an area about 18" south.wink.png

Well, from reading the reviews, it does indeed have a built-in butt-and-crotch heater that Ducati offers at no additional charge.:)

Seriously, though, it's supposed to run very hot- hopefully you'll research it fully before pulling the trigger.

Well, from reading the reviews, it does indeed have a built-in butt-and-crotch heater that Ducati offers at no additional charge.smile.png

Seriously, though, it's supposed to run very hot- hopefully you'll research it fully before pulling the trigger.

Indeed the heat issue I have heard about and am concerned here in Phuket. Not sure the updated model would have solved this issue. Anybody with experience could shed some light. Why the Multi does not seem to have the same problems?

False alarm....damn'it.

Price for the Diavel is NOT 749,000. Printing mistake. Phoned to Thonglor and they confirmed it still is special intro price of 859,000. Asked them about heat issue. They (of course) said new engine won't have this issue........hmm

That's bad. They have just changed it. http://www.ducatithailand.com/company/special_offers.do

The engine of the Diavel doesn't have heat issues but the fan (the way it is located) blows the hot air straight onto your legs. People do complain about that. And.... the rear tire sets you back 30,000 THb (I believe) when you have to replace it.

Check out this forum. A lot of very useful info on both the Diavel and Multistrada

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/179-diavel/

Anyhow, IMO (biased) opinion the Multi is better for Thailand. 799k isn't a bad price neither. Better suspension (for Thailand) and very comfortable riding position. And no heat issues. And a rear tire that costs (only) 7000 THB or so.

Edited by Nickymaster

Well, from reading the reviews, it does indeed have a built-in butt-and-crotch heater that Ducati offers at no additional charge.smile.png

Indeed the heat issue I have heard about and am concerned here in Phuket. Not sure the updated model would have solved this issue. Anybody with experience could shed some light. Why the Multi does not seem to have the same problems?

The Multi doesn't have the heat problem. I know because I own one. The bike is more "open" and the heat is directed away from the rider. If you wear slippers and shorts you will have a heat issue with ALL Ducatis. Engines do get hot on powerful bikes. With a jeans and some kind of riding boots/shoes it's ok.