Thai Immigration boss warns of fake extension stamps

1. You choose to be here;

2. there are requirements to do so;

3. what a bunch of negative whiners and whingers you are.....

Paying an agent is sheer laziness - it's not onerous to 'go it alone'..... but then some of you must be so hop soaked, it's understandable you can barely get off the stool....

Maybe it's time to return to your country of origin - just sayin' whistling.gif

So you think you're one of the "good" foreigners do you?

Well maybe some people value their time more than spending an entire day travelling to immigration to be told you need to come back another day with another /document/thai person as witness/contract/etc

Seriously, I was around 90% confident about leaving this place before this, after all that has transpired over the post couple of months, but this has topped it off. Thailand, kor hai mung chok dee. You are going to need it, So many people I know back home are really questioning their once paradise, you are screwed.

let us know when you leave and we will lock the door

• Like 1

Probably isn't going to happen in anyone's life time, but opening regional passport/Visa offices wiould help. as for ...

'OK got your point, but 1 time a year isn't that hard to swallow compared to the same lot (you are referring to) sitting next to you in an overcrowded bar now is isn't it?' ... maybe if these offices also had a bar, Falangs would be more enthusiastic about visiting? LOL!

• Like 1

we are in 2014....!wai2.gif

if the stamp was from this year or last year ...ok perhaps credible .....but the extension stamp is from 2012....burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRRlTrnUTOl

since then i guess the farang had to ask for another extension to stay in thailandhit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJT don't you think people?

so what kind of news is that?

thai immigration boss should perhaps organize all the immigration department with a new style and new modern stamp.

these actual look honestly a bit old fashion,..., easy to fake to me ....and i love to see when an agent make a deletion with the pen on a stamp and write other things.i have many like this in my passport....!mistakes from immigration officers and other things....and when i renew ....looks like a novel book.
to me a very bad organisation and lots of waist of time for a simple thing....! when i see they need 4 people to scheck 1 document 4 times and at the end they make a mistake, i get creasy.

coffee1.gif

I can't understand why people would use an agency for so valuable and important a matter.....

Because it sucks waiting in an over crowded immigration room, surrounded by whining old guy's .

I don't know what constitutes "old", but bad manners and uncivil behavior seems to cover all age groups from my experience.

My visits to immigration tend to be later in the day when it less crowded.

Edited by Benmart

Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.”

hmmm, so what if the "official" receipt is also fake? w00t.gif

I once spent three years in a row in the Philippines and each reporting period I went to my agent and turned-in my passport and received a bill and passport stamp extending my visa. Upon buying my ticket for departure, the travel agent said the visa stamps looked out of date. She showed me the current visa stamps, sure enough mine were not like that. I went back to my agent's office, but it was closed and he was gone. I called a Filipino friend who had a classmate at Immigration. The three of us went to dinner, the immigration official confirmed they were old stamps and obvious forgeries. He simply initialed all of the visa stamps and gave me his card and contact numbers to use if I had a problem with departure. The immigration officer at the airport questioned the stamps, then I showed him the card and initials; everything was good to go. It's good to have connections.

• Like 1

1. You choose to be here;

2. there are requirements to do so;

3. what a bunch of negative whiners and whingers you are.....

Paying an agent is sheer laziness - it's not onerous to 'go it alone'..... but then some of you must be so hop soaked, it's understandable you can barely get off the stool....

Maybe it's time to return to your country of origin - just sayin' whistling.gif

So you think you're one of the "good" foreigners do you?

Well maybe some people value their time more than spending an entire day travelling to immigration to be told you need to come back another day with another /document/thai person as witness/contract/etc

It has never happened to me, and normally it takes no more than 1-1.5 hours ....

• Like 1

I can't understand why people would use an agency for so valuable and important a matter.....

Because it sucks waiting in an over crowded immigration room, surrounded by whining old guy's .

You think you are some young and special person that should have a different set of rules to everybody else.I am am sure you have plenty of time on your hands to go to immigration with the old guys you complain about.

You seem to be supporting fake immigration stamps so maybe hopefully some one from the government will pick up your OP and have you deported otherwise if its too much of a bother then suggest you get the hell out of here and park your pathetic young body in another country.

Steady on Howzat, you'll give your self a heart attack old chap. Is it medication time???

Some posters don't appear to be clear:

Extension once a year and must [should] be done in person - Immigration fee 1900฿

Ninety day report every 90 days and can be done by anyone you trust with your passport - Immigration fee 0฿

Or you can mail it in, without your passport.

• Like 1

"Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.

And how to do if the officer have charge you 5000 baths instead of 1900 and refuse to give you a receip ????

In Koh Samui recently for a 1 year retirement extension ... A classic here !

Me too 5,000Baht for a one year extension no receipt (Nathon, probably same officer)
  • Like 1

kalbo123, on 03 Oct 2014 - 17:04, said:
RottingCorpse, on 03 Oct 2014 - 16:57, said:

Seems like you're one of the whiners.

• Like 1

And because there are also coughing, sick people around, sitting with them for hours is no good for my health. I just can't seem to get my dates straight and have been over twice before I got an agent.

Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.”

hmmm, so what if the "official" receipt is also fake? w00t.gif

and we are supposed to be experts on official stamps and receipts now?

just an idea, how about clamping down on the agents?

Never point in Thailand unless Thai

"Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.

And how to do if the officer have charge you 5000 baths instead of 1900 and refuse to give you a receip ????

Me too 5,000Baht for a one year extension no receipt (Nathon, probably same officer)

Of course the same, and he have make me waiting all day until 4 pm, knowing i needed to go back to koh tao with the last boat. So a lot of stress all day and he win.

I hate this guy.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Going to immigration and feeling like a criminal every 90 days is drag but it has to be done so just do it

and better to be safe than sorry.

Why would you feel like a criminal doing a 90 day report. I find it hard to understand why anyone would continue to do something they hate so much

Seriously, I was around 90% confident about leaving this place before this, after all that has transpired over the post couple of months, but this has topped it off. Thailand, kor hai mung chok dee. You are going to need it, So many people I know back home are really questioning their once paradise, you are screwed.

let us know when you leave and we will lock the door

You know Moe you are beginning to sound like a real jobsworth!

Some posters don't appear to be clear:

Extension once a year and must [should] be done in person - Immigration fee 1900฿

Ninety day report every 90 days and can be done by anyone you trust with your passport - Immigration fee 0฿

Another of the many experts in the land of assumption?

Why whining old guys? Old age will come to you sooner than expected. You now seem to be a whiner.coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Of course the same, and he have make me waiting all day until 4 pm, knowing i needed to go back to koh tao with the last boat. So a lot of stress all day and he win.

I hate this guy.

Anyone paying 5k for an extn costing 1900 since the sign went up @ that office only has themselves to blame.

• Like 1