long overstayed 4 years+apprehended by immigration police

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting people keep referring to blacking as a new rule

Overstay has always been illegal but often ignored because the consequences were small.

There is no new rule. Only increased consequences of breaking existing laws

Is not police that apprehended me,on my bad luck i have been sitting on my balcony at time that immigration police car passing by suddenly stopped in home front and came out immigration officer that know me for 10 years, probably just wanting to make good impression to hes boss, he asked me about my passport and visa. .rest you can imagine.

Talk about unbelievable bad luck?????????

• Like 1

Is not police that apprehended me,on my bad luck i have been sitting on my balcony at time that immigration police car passing by suddenly stopped in home front and came out immigration officer that know me for 10 years, probably just wanting to make good impression to hes boss, he asked me about my passport and visa. .rest you can imagine.

Talk about unbelievable bad luck?????????

We are often the authors of our own bad luck, and this case the OP is the author of his bad luck.

The odds of being apprehended at home are low, and not being apprehended high - so the timing of the apprehension could be considered due to bad luck - but the OP is the author of the situation and the officer was just doing his job.... Just because people have done stupid things, does not mean that we have to stop having sympathy for his situation (that he created).

Hope your visa matters will be solved soon. Just ignore the bitter expats high-horseshitting here. They always came out of the woodwork in threads like these and they would not lift a finger to help a fellow expat.

You are taking care of your sick girlfriend while these pathetic turds make their little speeches about law&order. The irony could not be any greater.

• Like 2

Hope your visa matters will be solved soon. Just ignore the bitter expats high-horseshitting here. They always came out of the woodwork in threads like these and they would not lift a finger to help a fellow expat.

You are taking care of your sick girlfriend while these pathetic turds make their little speeches about law&order. The irony could not be any greater.

I hope he gets his visa matters solved soon as well, but I also think he may be lying to himself....... It has been very easy to stay "legal" in Thailand using one of many methods (some which are now being tightened).... so blaming his situation on his sick girlfriend to absolve himself of responsibility is a little delusional. Most people on this world can be self-destructive in a similar manner.

• Like 1

Having a 'sick' girlfriend is not a reason, it's an excuse.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Unbelievable bad luck for only being a girlfriend during the 4 years plus overstay.
Unbelievable bad luck.

Wow she is patient. You are lucky after 4 years she didn't want to get married (or 4 years not long enough to know how you feel about her)

Love her so much you can't leave her to do visa runs but not enough to marry her?

You can took a chance and now need to pay the piper

I feel bad for anyone suffering but I don't believe she is the reason for the overstay.

Could you explain what exactly marriage means when two people from completely different religious beliefs come together? And don't get it wrong, marriage is all about religion.................wink.png

I have been 'married' to a Thai for the past 15 years, and apart from the piece of paper we were given then, it means absolutely nothing to either of us to be honest. We got married simply because of peer pressure, that won't happen again to be sure..........................rolleyes.gif

He could ake a lot better care of his GF if he stayed here legal............................she is just an excuse...

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Unbelievable bad luck for only being a girlfriend during the 4 years plus overstay.

Unbelievable bad luck.

Wow she is patient. You are lucky after 4 years she didn't want to get married (or 4 years not long enough to know how you feel about her)

Love her so much you can't leave her to do visa runs but not enough to marry her?

You can took a chance and now need to pay the piper

I feel bad for anyone suffering but I don't believe she is the reason for the overstay.

Could you explain what exactly marriage means when two people from completely different religious beliefs come together? And don't get it wrong, marriage is all about religion.................wink.png

I have been 'married' to a Thai for the past 15 years, and apart from the piece of paper we were given then, it means absolutely nothing to either of us to be honest. We got married simply because of peer pressure, that won't happen again to be sure..........................rolleyes.gif

Marriage for me as a nonbeliever and my wife as an ocaissioanal Bhuddhist was never about religeon and no I didn't get it wrong.

Marriage for us is being together and legalising our relationship, making sure that our son is legitimate, ensuring that she gets what she is entitled to from my pension providers, making a firm commitment, making sure that our son gets both Thai and English nationality and all his rights in both countries, my continued support for them both.

I took my wife to the UK 15 years ago and got married quite legally in a registry office and it means a lot to both of us.

Given the same choice today we would both do it all over again.

I am still in love with my wife just as much as when I met her 21 years ago. Her maybe not so much but it is not something she opens up about.

We did not get married because of peer pressure but because we wanted to

• Like 2

This OP`s life and choices are none of their business.

Once he posts his life and choices on a public forum, they become the business of the forum.

You want to keep your life and choices private, fine; but don't publicize them on a public forum and then have someone claim they are none of the business of that forum.

I see your point, but still don`t agree with you.

Simply because he told the story to get help and advice, and provided the information for that reason only.

Not to defend his actions, and discuss it any further.

I can`t see why his case can`t be limited to just giving him some meaningful advice, just because it is posted here on Thaivisa.

Edited by thaibreaker

His post seemed as much about shock and empathy as about getting information.

Facts:

he overstayed more than 4 years

Got caught by immigration (provably made someone angry)

HIs visa status and citizenship.

The rest was looking for sympathy.

Someone cancels health insurance and tries to get again when needing expensive surgery gets no sympathy but can get advice.

• Like 1