long overstayed 4 years+apprehended by immigration police

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you knowingly break the law and now you do not want to face the consequences? If you did not have money to stay here you (and maybe your girlfriend) should have gone back to your country and you worked. Presumably as you could work in your country you would have made more money. People like you make me sick as they break the law and then when caught try and avoid the penalties and also potentially make it a more stressful like for the honest people with a Visa like myself as the Police might decide to have more checkpoints and put in jail people that do not carry their ID because of people like you. Man up and try being honest.

Maybe you should go to Bosnia and work there for 9000 baht.

People like the OP should be blacklisted for at least 10 years. I know they always have a sob story but we never hear the full detail. I don't want foreigners taking the pxxs in my own country and I don't want it here either. Cry me a river but this guy is a law breaker that makes things no easier for the law abiding majority who actually have some respect for Thai immigration law.

• Like 2

OP, good for you for taking care of your ill girlfriend (wife?) Once you get things sorted out and return to Bosnia, please be sure to get the correct visa before you return to Thailand and then be sure to do your extensions and 90 day reports on a timely basis. You might think about getting some letters from the local police to ease the approval of your visa. In the future, it might be wise not to discuss your work situation on TV. Many members do not seem to be sympathetic with your situation. Good luck!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

At first I would like to say that I'm really sorry for stressing some honest people, that is not been in my intentions.

All truth,I do recognize that I have brake law of the country

that I'm staying it by my own choice.

I do hope that my case will not have any impact to any of self-proclaimed honest and angry people.

I do honestly hope that none of you guys shall felled same circumstances that have broth me to position that I'm right now.

I do assume that details explanation of those circumstances will change nothing else than subject of this topic and that is going faraway of my intentions.

Good luck to yo all.

Now I will like to thank you wery much to all of you fellow foreigners and Thai people,for helping me in my seeking of right advice concerning my not-wish-to-be-in situation.

Is been my honor to read reply of someone that have only intentions to share his knowledge and at same time do respect codecs of forum.

I wish to be able of returning same to you fellows:)

Best regards

Sasha

• Like 2

So let me get this right.

(I) you over stay by 4 years.

(2) you work here with out a work permit in your sick gf company while other people pay visa fees and taxes and accountants fees.

(3) your passport has expired.

Are all of the other upstanding correct visa and tax paying none thai people expected to feel sorry for you and help you now stay in Thailand seeing you have been at last caught. Just because your girl friend is sick gives you no right to stick your 2 fingers up to the rest of us here that are doing the right thing re visa and passports and working.

Sorry about your girl friend ( yet later you call her your wife) but many are in the same boat but doing it correctly.

One now asks why we bother to do it right when people like you do not care about the law except if you can make fiends with them so that you can rout the systemfacepalm.gif

I noticed that too.

4 years overstay and you didn't notice?

2 years after your passport expired and you didn't notice?

Working illegeally and you didn't notice?

You are either married or have a girlfriend maybe the same person.

quote "Is not police that apprehended me,on my bad luck i have been sitting on my balcony at time that immigration police car passing by suddenly stopped in home front and came out immigration officer that know me for 10 years, probably just wanting to make good impression to hes boss, he asked me about my passport and visa. .rest you can imagine."

How come that the Immigration policeman who has known you for 10 years did not know that you were illegal? Obviously you hadn't visited the Immigration police office for at least 4 years.

Perhaps he did know that you were illegal and was doing his job properly.

I agree with whiteman.

Why do the majority of us bother to do it correctly when all we need to do is plead ignorance, say sorry and ask for sympathy and to be absolved of our crimes and sins?

Probably because we are law abiding citizens of other countries and as we have been granted a visa we like to keep within the law.

I don't suppose you even paid tax while you were illegally working either.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 2

If that's the case, good news for the OP, but very odd that they are handing them out in Immigration Offices. Nothing surprises me here though smile.png

" ...very odd that they are handing them out in Immigration Offices. Nothing surprises me here though xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN5Zxnsx"

Apparently they believe there is a high probability that the rules will be approved and they want to warn people of the potential effects. If the rules were to go into effect without the warning, people would be complaining it was odd that they never received official alert.

As usual, farang will blame them for doing something proactively or for not doing something. No matter what they do or don't do, it won't satisfy everyone.

Even in Western countries it's quite normal to inform people of upcoming laws. It's abviously not a question of if this change will be implemented, but when it will be. So it's good that immigration are warning people. I don't see anything wrong with that. But, as you say, some farangs will complain whatever they do,

• Like 1

(2) you work here with out a work permit in your sick gf company while other people pay visa fees and taxes and accountants fees.

Are all of the other upstanding correct visa and tax paying none thai people expected to feel sorry for you and help you now stay in Thailand seeing you have been at last caught. Just because your girl friend is sick gives you no right to stick your 2 fingers up to the rest of us here that are doing the right thing re visa and passports and working.

Sorry about your girl friend ( yet later you call her your wife) but many are in the same boat but doing it correctly.

One now asks why we bother to do it right when people like you do not care about the law except if you can make fiends with them so that you can rout the systemfacepalm.gif

Love People like you and so would Esther Rantzen ... Heart of Gold mate ..... excuse me if I th.. up .....

• Like 2

Easy to take the moral high ground without knowing all the facts .

I'm sure the OP wanted to take care of his loved one first and foremost.

Having said that 4 years is a long time .

6 months more than enough time .

But the OP is in a situation now and needs help.

Like I said before there are mitigating circumstances.

Which is why they haven't thrown the book at him .

What mitigating circumstance's?

I look after a wife and a child, so do you feel that's a good reason for me to let my passport expire and o/stay 4 years.

• Like 1

I understand your point and there's nothing to disagree with.

However, we're not from Bosnia, thank God.

Thanks everyone,specially to Ubonje.

Is not police that apprehended me,on my bad luck i have been sitting on my balcony at time that immigration police car passing by suddenly stopped in home front and came out immigration officer that know me for 10 years, probably just wanting to make good impression to hes boss, he asked me about my passport and visa. .rest you can imagine.

Well,he is been only doing hes job, somehow.

However, by the time I managed to get any of my local friends that could "talk out"this inconvenient situation with them(immigration), they had already done with paperwork and held me to police for processing.

Normaly I should be imprisoned and processed to the court next day.

Fortunately local police by knowing me and circumstances that lead me to overstay wanted to help me,thanks to them I have get bailout and some more time to make things arranged(about two months).

I wil have necessary ticket, overstay fine 20.000,travel documents from my embassy (passport expired 2year ago) as well money for court expense by the day of my court hearing.

I'm working on it to not make"example of me".My onlly worry is to not be able of entering in to Thailand again(black list).

You could check some countries have another country helping there citizens if they do not have a Embassy or consulate in that country.

• Like 1

I have read on multiple forums that if you leave of your own accord i.e. show up at the airport pay a fine you will be allowed back,if you are caught by the

police even in a taxi on the way to the airport its trouble direct to the slammer, deported,and a possible ban up to ten years.

Wasn't there a doubling of the fine if caught,ie 40,000 baht.

I have read on multiple forums that if you leave of your own accord i.e. show up at the airport pay a fine you will be allowed back,if you are caught by the

police even in a taxi on the way to the airport its trouble direct to the slammer, deported,and a possible ban up to ten years.

Wasn't there a doubling of the fine if caught,ie 40,000 baht.

No change has been made.

Until they change the immigration act it will always be a max fine of 20k baht.

Easy to take the moral high ground without knowing all the facts .

I'm sure the OP wanted to take care of his loved one first and foremost.

Having said that 4 years is a long time .

6 months more than enough time .

But the OP is in a situation now and needs help.

Like I said before there are mitigating circumstances.

Which is why they haven't thrown the book at him .

What mitigating circumstance's?

I look after a wife and a child, so do you feel that's a good reason for me to let my passport expire and o/stay 4 years.

I don't think he deliberately overstayed

No he probably just forgot it for over 4 years wink.png And he would still have forgotten it today if the immigration didn't catch him

Edited by bangkoklasse