NGO questions if the two Myanmar suspects are scapegoats

Lite Beer

Clearly these guys were tortured into confessing. Now, everybody is supposed to live happily ever after like in a fairy tale???? And now the tourists will flock back to the island? And I read somewhere else that Prayuth is going to give the cops a reward? For first-rate torture techniques I reckon. The people that buy this whole debacle with its "happy ending" must have failed critical thinking in college, if they even ever attended college.

They couldn't attend college. They failed grade school.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anybody interested in reading about DNA Testing Results Timeline, here's a link and it's actually quite interesting as it breaks down each process with a timeline and continues to the next with an additional timeline etc...until such time they complete the entire process that takes about 54 hours and 15 minutes to complete the DNA process.

http://www.patc.com/...-timeline.shtml

Now, I've also read that it is possible to have results on a DNA test in as little as 2 hours, but Thailand would need the RAPID DNA System that CODIS (FBI) has in the USA...and does not as they have all ready stated that they lack the technology.

Here's a link describing the RAPID DNA - http://www.evidencem...sk=view&id=1115

I want this to be over as much as anybody else, but the Thai Authorities have already earned the award for Non-Trustful Police Force and with as much news coming out about tourism and statements on how KT will return to profitability in the future...after the murders are solved etc... and how they will protect future tourists etc..., it shows that what matters most is the the dent in their pocketbook if they cannot clear this up quickly. I will believe their findings 1000000000000% and PRAISE THEM and donate to the Police Fund if they allow transparency and allow a reputable third party from outside of Thailand to confirm all findings and to match those findings to the three migrant suspects they currently have in jail.

The Authorities word alone now doesn't amount to crap...I'm sorry, but it's the truth!

• Like 1

Hannah's phone was planted, a friend of hers handed it in the next day, photo's on CSI La page. !

Who said that the phone found in the bushes was the girl's phone?

All articles seems to say "phone of the victim", and BangkokPost clearly say

"Police searched Win's residence on Thursday and found a mobile phone belonging to one of the two victims nearby"

So? Why not the guy's phone?

Yes if someone can confirm this it's more likely the phone belonged to David.

So we can end this phone discussion .

And as has been shown many times now.. Pol Gen Somyot said it was her phone.. The same ones theres photo evidence of her friends giving to the police the next day..

BKK post for source.

It is true. I have just been and checked.

Somyot said about the 2 Burmese suspects that according to their statement, Witheridge resisted and managed to fight back, but to no avail. After they raped her, the two bludgeoned her to death, before taking her mobile phone and other valuables to be destroyed behind the house where they lived.

This conflicts with an earlier statement from police that nothing had been taken too.

Edited by bunglebag

For anybody interested in reading about DNA Testing Results Timeline, here's a link and it's actually quite interesting as it breaks down each process with a timeline and continues to the next with an additional timeline etc...until such time they complete the entire process that takes about 54 hours and 15 minutes to complete the DNA process.

http://www.patc.com/...-timeline.shtml

Now, I've also read that it is possible to have results on a DNA test in as little as 2 hours, but Thailand would need the RAPID DNA System that CODIS (FBI) has in the USA...and does not as they have all ready stated that they lack the technology.

Here's a link describing the RAPID DNA - http://www.evidencem...sk=view&id=1115

I want this to be over as much as anybody else, but the Thai Authorities have already earned the award for Non-Trustful Police Force and with as much news coming out about tourism and statements on how KT will return to profitability in the future...after the murders are solved etc... and how they will protect future tourists etc..., it shows that what matters most is the the dent in their pocketbook if they cannot clear this up quickly. I will believe their findings 1000000000000% and PRAISE THEM and donate to the Police Fund if they allow transparency and allow a reputable third party from outside of Thailand to confirm all findings and to match those findings to the three migrant suspects they currently have in jail.

The Authorities word alone now doesn't amount to crap...I'm sorry, but it's the truth!

Pol Lt Gen Kamrob Panyakaew, chief of the Office of Police Forensic Science, said experts in Bangkok were rushing to complete the tests, though each sample takes at least 48 hours to complete.

From an article in The Bangkok Post dated 28th September

AND he said this days after Mon's alleged DNA was allagedly cleared in less than 24 hours.

I saw someone else mentioned it but I want to post it again. There's a change.org petition calling on the UK gov to investigate. I've never signed one of these before because they usually do no good, but I think this one could. I hope others will sign as well, share on facebook, and repost in related forums. If enough pressure is brought to bear, they may have to cave.

Also the foreign media don't yet seem to be picking this up. You can write letters to the editor of any papers in the world. UK residents can do even more and put pressure on their government to call for an independent investigation. Thai people are all over this too. Enough people talking about this can make a difference.

Maybe these guys did it, I just don't know. And that's the point.

http://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller?share_id=HyyRtrhYgU&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

• Like 2

"plus Hannah's mobile phone, which they claim was found on their premises"

so from the desk of the police officer into the backyard of the burmese

"They also claim to have a witness"

which one ? the one who was beaten and get offered money for false statement or the future witness

where they still work on it ?

Give me a break ! Everyone who still believe or support the authorities

has also blood on his hands

Edited by MikePhuket1970
  • Like 2

we will never know the truth !

RIP Hannah and David

Yes, that's right, but it only applies if we give up. I can't imagine the victims families giving up on knowing the truth, where there's a will there's a way, time will reveal all. I think eventually this will come back and bite them on the arse, that's not wishful thinking, I believe it's inevitable.

Yes, we must never stop posting here or the truth will never be known.

I am a foreigner, I have lived n Thailand for six years now. I think am I moving away from this country of fake smiles and xenophobia. Spend my descent salary in some other country where I can feel safer as a farang then in Thailand.

See ya!

Hannah's phone was planted, a friend of hers handed it in the next day, photo's on CSI La page. !

Who said that the phone found in the bushes was the girl's phone?

All articles seems to say "phone of the victim", and BangkokPost clearly say

"Police searched Win's residence on Thursday and found a mobile phone belonging to one of the two victims nearby"

So? Why not the guy's phone?

Yes if someone can confirm this it's more likely the phone belonged to David.

So we can end this phone discussion .

And as has been shown many times now.. Pol Gen Somyot said it was her phone.. The same ones theres photo evidence of her friends giving to the police the next day..

BKK post for source.

And playing Devil's advocate the same questions arise if it was David's phone. Namely, why hadn't the close vicinity been searched previously for evidence? And why hadn't the alleged suspect disposed of it in the sea instead of throwing it very conveniently into the bushes behind his lodgings? And if it was David's phone how did the RTP come to that conclusion? His DNA on it - which needs 24-48 hours to establish? Not immediately after locating it. Another cover-up? Which opens up another load of questions. I'll leave you to work those out, starting with...

Sorry, it's all B/S from the RTP.

I really do hope that Sean has told everything he knows to someone in the media. His run-in with the bar manager and frantic Facebook posts really were the catalyst for all the conspiracy theories. Imagine if we'd never heard from Sean. I wonder whether this case would have be wound up much sooner?

Sean, why did you say the bar owner committed the crime?

Sean, what did you mean when you said the bar manager was the 'leader'?

Sean, you said that you were only guessing when you posted that David died defending Hannah. Yet you never said that you were only guessing when you named the murderer.

Sean, you made these explosive claims to the world.

What do you really know, Sean?

Tell the world now!

He's probably already sold his soul to the devil and his 'friends' plus these 2 poor Burmese kids down the river for i guess somewhere around £10k

Will just have to wait for the documentary...

Im afraid this is my suspicion too, threatening him was a failure so maybe a compensatory package worked??

Speculation but, he has been quiet and that is not a good thing...

Possible with #121 Dogmatix
Would also fit with the McAnna story, the types of cuts, motorcycle wounds usually look different.

He worked for a long time in the ACbar and knows the people.

Maybe he was trying to calm down the rejected man on the beach.
He got also some cuts and then ran bleeding away with his guitar.
The traces of blood on his guitar, with a gradient from top to bottom are shown on the photo.

Fits also, that he has seen washing his blood off that night.

He has heard next morning that both are death.
Would explain his FB statement that David defended Hannah.
In the ACbar then, he met the two thai men, which probably made it clear that they will testify that

he was also there and involved. Two powerful thai men testify against one foreigner.

Then he fear for his life, send his statements and has left the island and then Thailand as soon as possible.

I really do hope that Sean has told everything he knows to someone in the media. His run-in with the bar manager and frantic Facebook posts really were the catalyst for all the conspiracy theories. Imagine if we'd never heard from Sean. I wonder whether this case would have be wound up much sooner?

Sean, why did you say the bar owner committed the crime?

Sean, what did you mean when you said the bar manager was the 'leader'?

Sean, you said that you were only guessing when you posted that David died defending Hannah. Yet you never said that you were only guessing when you named the murderer.

Sean, you made these explosive claims to the world.

What do you really know, Sean?

Tell the world now!

Speculation but, he has been quiet and that is not a good thing...

Possible with #121 Dogmatix
Would also fit with the McAnna story, the types of cuts, motorcycle wounds usually look different.

He worked for a long time in the ACbar and knows the people.

Maybe he was trying to calm down the rejected man on the beach.
He got also some cuts and then ran bleeding away with his guitar.
The traces of blood on his guitar, with a gradient from top to bottom are shown on the photo.

Fits also, that he has seen washing his blood off that night.

He has heard next morning that both are death.
Would explain his FB statement that David defended Hannah.
In the ACbar then, he met the two thai men, which probably made it clear that they will testify that

he was also there and involved. Two powerful thai men testify against one foreigner.

Then he fear for his life, send his statements and has left the island and then Thailand as soon as possible.

I agree. There were several people on the beach besides McAnna, David and Hannah. At least two were Thai, who threatened McAnna later. FACT - witnessed by the 7-eleven staff.

McAnna fled when the attacks began, possibly on Hannah, then him. That would explain why he knew the people, but wasn't there when the actual murders occurred, so he couldn't confirm who carried out the killings, but after the deaths he realised David tried to save her life.

From the very nature of the brutality, it was anger that fuelled the attacks, maybe rejection, maybe loss of face, but NO WAY could it have been the two Burmese. The quicker McAnna surfaces, the better.

• Like 2

I will provide evidence that the two Burmese are innocent. The 7-eleven staff witnessed McAnna (covered in blood, and as stated by another witness?) being threatened by Two Thai men who accused him of being on the beach and committing murder.

That is a whole different scenario to what the RTP has dreamed up to protect the guilty.

I will provide evidence that the two Burmese are innocent. The 7-eleven staff witnessed McAnna (covered in blood, and as stated by another witness?) being threatened by Two Thai men who accused him of being on the beach and committing murder.

That is a whole different scenario to what the RTP has dreamed up to protect the guilty.

This Sean fellow seems to becoming more and more important to this case.. That said I guess we will probably never hear from him again. I have no doubt he has been well paid off. Sean my man you need to resurface and at the very least face a lie detector machine. What did u see....

Recently got a news reported a Koh Tao taxi driver is been offered for false testimony and another news reported the police found the victim phone at the accused house but a photo surface showing the victim friend has passed it to the police earlier on. People are gossiping that they are trying to close this case asap to protect the local reputation. I'm not sure but hope they are catching the real culprits.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Even though he lives in the US, the Thai guy that runs CSI LA has been contacted by family members of the chief with threats to stop enabling people to get involved with the case.. or else.

if true then this needs to be brought to the attention of journos also. Is this guy a US national?

Edited by bunglebag

This Sean fellow seems to becoming more and more important to this case.. That said I guess we will probably never hear from him again. I have no doubt he has been well paid off. Sean my man you need to resurface and at the very least face a lie detector machine. What did u see....

I agree he needs to come forward, although I don't think he has been paid off. I just hope he has made it out of Thailand alive!

Personally, I think it's a real shame the Daily Record broke that story about his conviction when they did. He was on the cusp of providing key information, but instead of reporting on and helping to solve the absolutely horrific murder of two bright young Brits, they focused on telling the world about his past resulting in him being branded a paedo.

He's probably in hiding as a result of that, more than anything else.

• Like 2

I don't quite understand this post...Sean was threatened about 1 week after the murder.

I can't remember where I read that there was to be a formal investigation by British authorities-

No you didn't, British authorities will not investigate anything....there may be an inquest to confirm the cause of death of both British citizens, which is already know - Murder

the "investigation" is a formality in these circumstances, the cause of death is not in question

is that what I keep seeing in the news that will happen on 6 January? It was mentioned in articles I read about the funeral back in UK. Is that all the inquest is, a confirmation of what we already know? To make it an official record I guess.

We don't know what can be done if anything yet but if people continue to demand the truth then maybe it will be enough to break now ground... Good seeing that petition has had another 600+ signups in the past hour.