Suspect arrested following sexual assault of Danish woman in Pattaya

Rimmer

Suspect arrested following sexual assault of Danish woman in Pattaya

denmark-31.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Friday Night it was confirmed by Police that a man, thought to be responsible for the sexual assault and theft of money from a Danish woman on 27th September, has now been arrested.

Following a 6 day investigation, Region 2 Police were able to locate and arrest the suspect in Chantaburi Province. He was identified thanks to CCTV from a Petrol Station in Baan Amphur, and after his arrest a picture of the man, named as Khun Bunleung aged 29, was shown to the Danish victim who identified him as the man who conducted the sexual assault and robbery.

Despite strong evidence against him, Khun Bunleung told us that he vehemently denies all allegations made against him and will fight the case in Court. In the meantime, DNA samples of the suspect and samples taken from the crime scene are now being analyzed.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/148484/suspect-arrested-following-sexual-assault-of-danish-woman-in-pattaya/#sthash.SQQRsmHW.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-10-04

Good, they caught him, they will release him on bail, he will commit another 2 or 3 rapes till they catch him again.

And life goes on as usual in Thailand.

Not the scenario I expect. Could be he is released on bail and commits suicide case closed.

A post removed under this rule as a slur against Thais ...

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

And a couple of other posts were later removed as being off-topic and trolling along with a reply to same.

I don't know folks, but it seems to me a new generation has arrived and the old 'off-limits' cultural divide has fallen, along with the restraints that once maintained a respectful swathe of deference. Walk carefully into the next few years.

Cross racial eye witness identification is notoriously unreliable. Even more so from a photograph.

I have much more faith in the DNA testing. That said maybe he is adamantly denying the charge

because she has left the country and is unlikely to fly back for the trial.

Edited by Ulic

Well done police......

A pity the original call to the emergency services, nor report to police were responded to, and it took the involvement of 'someone' before things started to happen.

I wonder what less influential victims are supposed to do.