Thailand beach murders: Police defend bizarre public 'reconstruction' of slayings by suspects

Lite Beer

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a lawyer and Medic, I am utterly appalled at the outcome of this case. So many posters already predicted that Burmese migrant workers would be accused in the end, but even I doubted if the Police could be that unwary and unwitting to produce an outcome such as this, when the world's spotlight is directly on them.

Everything I hear and read flies in the face of evidence and the truth. What on earth are they thinking of? Are there no psychologists available to point them to the likely reaction of the rest of the world's opinion?

Good question and no there is not which is why they required international help.

It wasn't accepted because that would have altered the outcome of the result the police and the government wanted.

Two kids now face execution.

Bravo Thailand police.

all of this Thai bashing, is really getting to be too much! Let the police do their work, and stay out of this! This murder, should have never been a topic, open for discussion on this forum. All of the negative bs from TV members has hurt the investigation, I am really embarrassed for some of you, you are really setting back, Thai, Farang relations!! How would you like it if foreigners came to your home country and continually insulted you, calling you stupid and worse. This is a everyday occurrence on TV, I only hope that Thai people are not reading these derogatory comments. Please remember, that Thailand is our host country, and that we are guests, and if we don't like it, then we need to go!

First of all if we were in our own country and this happened we would not be the only ones bashing the police. The press and prosecutor and all the gov would be doing the same.

You seem to think we are attacking thais. We are not. We are bashing ineptness and corruption and incompetence. If a farang was the real killer i think you would find al TV posters supporting their arrest as long as the police were doing their job correctly and sufficient proof was given without coercion.

You want to bash us TV posters. Get yourself a Thai Gf or wife and look what is beinf said in the thai forums. They are saying the same as we are.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Very well said.

Well said indeed.

Dee Kwa, on 04 Oct 2014 - 18:21, said:
yougivemebaby, on 04 Oct 2014 - 13:48, said:

If this is proven to be a set up then I think the world will shame Thailand to the point that no one will want to go there.

Oh yes of course, because all of the 'experts' on Thaivisa who know it is definitely a set-up have already left the country in disgust, eh? I bet the departure terminal at Swampy is a nightmare this weekend with all the sexpats leaving the country.

Congratulations Dee, on being obviously a frustrated virgin. I'm wondering, how do you tell a "sexpat" from anyone else. Going by your comment, everyone, except you, being a virgin, would be a "sexpat."

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nevermind it being bizarre. This whole investigation stinks to high heaven.

There's no doubt in my mind that these Burmese workers are not the real killers.

Apparently during the whole interview process none of the suspects had access to a lawyer or to a translator/interpreter.

It's absolutely disgusting.

Those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

I hope the tourism industry on Koh Tao crashes and burns and takes all these corrupt policemen and mafia bosses with it.

The thing is, they may be the real killers, but were they acting for someone else and it all got out of hand? Remember the alleged altercations in the bar on the evening before? Owned be the same people that employed the Burmese?

As I said in an earlier post, they may have been the ones that carried out the crime, but were they the ones that planned it?

And again, it isn't the intention of creating more smoke and mirrors, it just seems (personal view) that everything isn't wrapped up yet, more investigation needed, perhaps more people re-interviewed.

They made it a show, unknowingly to the dismay of all the world.

But that's how their minds work.

Just get somebody that is not Thai to get rid of these pesky foreigners bothering us to solve the murder.

I am a father also, and I feel deeply for the parents of the girl and the boy and I would never rest till the real murderers are found.

I don't believe a word of what the Thai police is saying.

+1 ...indeed I don't believe one word of what Thai police is saying too...

And what about the "bribe with the taxi driver offering him 700.000.-THB for a false declaration" ???

Being an 'Alien', I have a non-political status in LOS. Please believe me when I say there are no ethical or justifiable grounds for any prospective or former politian to turn this trajedy into a political platform for personal gain. However, given the open scepticism of the RTP case against the illegal Burmese immigrants accused of this horrific crime, I think in the interests of justice for the underpriveleged, it's time for someone of 'status' to request a review of the judicial process in this case.

Isn't it about time Abhisit and/or the Shiniwatra clan 'grew a pair' and spoke up, or is their contribution to justice limited to questioning the cost of microphones/speakers and holding parties in Paris for the benefit of the media.

• Like 1

all of this Thai bashing, is really getting to be too much! Let the police do their work, and stay out of this! This murder, should have never been a topic, open for discussion on this forum. All of the negative bs from TV members has hurt the investigation, I am really embarrassed for some of you, you are really setting back, Thai, Farang relations!! How would you like it if foreigners came to your home country and continually insulted you, calling you stupid and worse. This is a everyday occurrence on TV, I only hope that Thai people are not reading these derogatory comments. Please remember, that Thailand is our host country, and that we are guests, and if we don't like it, then we need to go!

Epic, Epic FAIL...

• Like 1

Police say the pair have signed confessions to the killings.

Waow - literate burmese workers who can read and write Thai to. Shame they wasted their intellect murdering

Come now, surely they would have been provided with written translations prior to signing?

I mean we know that RTP always provide written translations before you are told to sign.

Always? Yes always! What always? Well nearly always.

In answer to Jay55 and your question asking where did I move to? UK, which has luck has it, was EXTREMELY lucky as I got diagnosed with an illness which is now being treated, I only went to the GP for a check up so Buddha was looking down on me! Reason for leaving was that our company bankrupted during the anti government protests, couldn't pay ourselves not Thai staff, it just killed our business. When matey took over the country I went back to UK, after 14 years, I'm back in England. Such is life but I won't return until elections do.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize bold font reset to normal.
  • Like 1

The story by the Burmese community sums it up very clearly and has gone a long way to convince me this is a stitch up.

Their story goes:

" Ethnic migrant workers living and working on Koh Tao irregularly (without documents) were accosted by a group of Thai police officers who tried to catch them when they were peacefully playing cane ball. Six among the nine migrants accosted trying to run away were caught.

Another three were able to run away and escape arrest.

Three of the six migrants caught were physically beaten and their bodies scalded through pouring over hot boiling water as a means to get information about the three people who had run away from the police arrest.”

So it appear to me that the three fastest runners that the police couldn't catch just happen to be the guilty ones. Do me a Effin favor.

Whats that smell sniff sniff Bull***t

Den

• Like 1

Disgusting frame up.

BTW those aren't jackets, they are vests. They look like level IIIA (iiiA, pronounced "3A") and they won't stop a rifle bullet or the bigger handgun rounds.

LEVEL IIIA

@NeverSure: - I don't know from which planet you hail, but the common-term for these pieces of Protective Gear is, in fact, "Flak-Jacket". The term "Flak" originates from the German "Flugzeugabwehrkanone" which translates into "Airplane-Defense-Canon". - You are correct in stating that there are many 'levels/types/specs' for these pieces of protective personnel protection, - and we were very recently surprised by the fact that the Royal Thai Navy now even had invented a special "Flak-Jacket-Life-Jacket", according to the National media.

In any event; in every day life, you would never hear a sergeant order his guys to "don your Flak-Vest, but rather "don your Flak-Jacket".

I'd be interested to know if the families of the victims believe that these Burmese are the murderers...and what their thoughts are on this whole crock of kee investigation

Didn't you see where the Usual Suspects said the families were happy with the way the investigation was going. Lying Scum

In a long row of mistakes from the RTP to frame innocent to cover up

hiso craps

to plant the mobile phone of Hannah in the backyard of the burmese guy

was the last own goal after plenty they shot already.

How much $hit we need more until the last moron understands that this case

is just pure BS

Hmm, "The Mirror", renowned for it's journalistic excellence, fountain of all knowledge and truth, not!

Usually I'd agree with you but in this case the Mirror's reporter, Andy Lines, seems to have been more active than any other journalist. He was one of the first on the island and his reporting has been exemplary and very professional. It wouldn't surprise me if they take the lead if any proper follow-up investigative journalism takes place.

Have a read of the Mirror reports.

MM: I sometimes want to do similar but I simply can't bring myself to read such things, for several reasons:

Tabloids need to sell copy, that's their business, regardless of what a particular reporter who may have integrity has reported, the profitability of the paper and it's circulation numbers are paramount. If in doubt, see the Leveson inquiry.

Secondly, my best friend for over twenty years, now deceased, was a columnist for the DM, I know what happens to information and the transition it makes from fact to fiction.

But none of the above has anything to do with the question of whether the alleged culprits are guilty or not, the police say they are and they have proof, they claim the DNA is a match, let's see how this all plays out, the DM however is very unlikely to have the correct answer at this stage.

A complete charade from beginning to end. I find it hardly credible that those two little chaps could have taken on David without a scratch. Let's hope the families demand an independent DNA test to be done back in UK. The families need complete assurance that the real perps have been apprehended and the RTP needs complete exoneration from any sniff of a fit up. If the DNA doesn't match the Burmese then let DI Plod of the Yard start following the money. If an independent test does match then we can all breathe a sigh of relief, especially the RTP.

In a long row of mistakes from the RTP to frame innocent to cover up

hiso craps

to plant the mobile phone of Hannah in the backyard of the burmese guy

was the last own goal after plenty they shot already.

How much $hit we need more until the last moron understands that this case

is just pure BS

..Agree..so what steps have to be taken to get this right?...Is it the families that must initiate further investigating..maybe by some interpol type global investigating team who sides with nobody and just gets the truth?

It irritates me to no end that this sh*t is allowed to happen.....and the smartass police here that think they have everyone fooled

They always do these 'reenactments' with murder cases. It is totally normal here but they showed complete lack of self awareness by doing one for such a sesntive and internationally scrutinized case.

Not even most Thais are fooled by this. It is unbelievable.

Ah.!!!..most Thais not fooled???....but the judges are...........!

Re-enactments are the sure way to get a guilty verdict..........no further evidence needed!

Even the Bangkok Post raised the telling question: "How is it that the phone that was given to police was found behind the suspect's house later?"

Duh. Cover up, lies and distortions are and will be the foundation for this case seeking non-truth. It's another blue diamond scenario altogether, and it seems Scotland Yard and England are okay with that.

So be it.

Just do not ask me to believe it -- that's insulting altogether. Further the investigation now has the full blessing of the junta...fill in the blanks. Someone is being very protected and snug.

Edited by FangFerang

Please, can a real journalist look into a few basic questions and publish in a major newspaper?

1. Is it true that the victim's phone was handed over to police by her friend the day after the murder? Is this is same phone the police claim was found behind the room belonging to the suspects?

2. Since the suspects worked at the very same bar that the victims were at that night, and since they didn't flee, how is it possible that the initial blanket DNA tests did not find a match?!?

3. Is it true that relatives of prominent families on the island were exempted from giving DNA? If so, why? What law requires poor people to give DNA, but excuses rich people.

I know there are many, many more unanswered questions, but these stand out for me.

I would happily donate to a legal fund for defense for these guys. Perhaps an NGO can set that up here?

certainly looks like her phone

post-180373-0-29938300-1412423457_thumb.

Two photos, each with an object encircled in red. Neither of the objects looks like a mobile phone to me.

The object in the top photo might be a spectacle case. The one in the photo has the shape of a rectangular black brick, looks like with a range of red LED lights along one of the short sides. I have a power pack for recharging mobile devices looking like that, but with LEDs of a different colour.

• Like 1

Thai justice - not a concept, but a construct

The next predictable chapter in this saga will spell the untimely death of the detained Burmese migrants, either by suicide, lynch mob, or Ebola. And that will be the end of the story, or so they hope...

They always do these 'reenactments' with murder cases. It is totally normal here but they showed complete lack of self awareness by doing one for such a sesntive and internationally scrutinized case.

Not even most Thais are fooled by this. It is unbelievable.

I don't know about 'most Thais', but a Thai friend I know on the island does not believe the police and did say that many people on the island feel the same.

Have they spoken out - no - didn't think so. I know, I know, frightened by the big noodle and always will be unless they take a stand and do something now.

• Like 1