Thailand beach murders: Police defend bizarre public 'reconstruction' of slayings by suspects

Lite Beer

The FCO or some one from the British embassy should be present as the crimes were commited against uk citizens,to ensure that the DNA was taken in proper clinical surroundings.

So the families of the deceased know that the persons I being charged are the correct persons.

All I want for my daughter is justice and the correct justice not scape goats that conveniently wrap the case up.

Says who and where is that legislated and accepted?

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind boiling water - this whole farcical debacle makes my blood boil.

There is SO much evidence to suggest that these 2 migrant workers are NOT the killers, that I'm surprised that some international agency hasn't stepped in to set this to rights.

However - the DNA samples will have been tampered with by now - there's probably no real way of getting things verified properly.

Oh God in heaven above - please bring justice to this case - expose the truth and in the process, please help Thailand to WAKE THE HECK UP!!!!!!!!!!

If you commit a crime, you must pay the consequences. You may think you can escape scot-free right now - but believe you me, it will always come around in the end.

But hey - the Thai's know that, right?

They're Buddhist, so they must. They live by the laws of Karma, which they believe in stoically, right?

Someone? Anyone? Please tell me I'm right??!

"However - the DNA samples will have been tampered with by now - there's probably no real way of getting things verified properly."

Is this really the case? The original suspect samples were sent to Singapore before these Burmese men were arrested (I think!). So there should be 'clean' samples/data available. The question still unanswered is whether the DNA of these three men have really been checked against the original samples and/or whether the samples were really a match as reported. This could all be cleared up by sending the Burmese men's DNA samples to Singapore for checking against the earlier suspect samples. A simple public report from the Singapore lab after such a check would eliminate all doubt.

I just saw the crime scene pictures on line showing the full wounds and full gravity of the attack.

This was VICIOUS, absolutely brutal....you need to see the pictures in order to really understand this crime...

It is simply beyond all comprehension that these Burmese guys could of done this. The verocity of the attack (especially on the poor deceased lady) is horrific...the pictures would indicate she was killed out of pure rage and hatred and he was killed for convenience.

Could you give me a hint.

..this should be the case to once and for all show the corruption and ineptitude of the Thai authorities I believe people should boycott visiting the island until the case is reopened and done properly and honestly.

Do you really think the corruption and the rot in the policeforce are confined to Koh Tao??

NO, it is sadly a picture of the whole country.

At the present speed, Thailand is heading towards being a failed state, smiling their fake smiles, as they are falling off the cliff.

And the really sad thing here, is that the outcome of this case wouldn't have been any different under any of the previous governments, because the real master here is corruption!!sad.png

• Like 2

Sorry to belabour the point but in the crime pictures the deceased females face has been completely destroyed...smashed to peices and her head entirely caved in (she has been struck repeatedly over and over again in pure rage and total loss of control)....in stark contrast the deceased male has been killed with 2 or 3 simple blows to the back/side of the head and his face is completely intact as if he is almost sleeping....apart from the wounds in the back of his head he looks absolutely untouched.

The contrast is striking and in my opinion hugely significant....i hate armchair detectives but this particular scene is just inescapable.

No way in this world was this committed by those Burmese on a whim. The way the girls face was utterly destroyed is symbolic of something far far different to simple sexual desire....this is someone used to having his own way denied something he wanted with probably a huge loss of face added to the mix and an ample does of xenophobia and entitlment.

And your degrees and experience in forensic medicine and psychiatry are from?

If this is proven to be a set up then I think the world will shame Thailand to the point that no one will want to go there.

Agreed but Thailand has always been shameless and it doesn't give a hoot what anyone else really thinks. It's always been a ridiculous country but people will keep coming back as long as the seas stay warm, the food tasty, the girls available, the boutique hotels cheap etc etc.......They're stupid but not too stupid to know what people really want and that people will keep coming back for more no matter what goes on here. That said, I've had my fill of it all thank you very much.

• Like 1

RTP plant drugs all the time on people stopped at RTP check points...for a few thousand Baht. How hard is it to believe that they would not cover up a rich mans sons crime for millions of Baht.

In ten years here full time and a further ten years part time, I've never had that happen to me, never seen it happen to anyone else and never heard of it happening to anyone, not even family members in the village. Are you sure you're OK!

And you haven't been killed, so there are no murders in Thailand??coffee1.gif

Please, can a real journalist look into a few basic questions and publish in a major newspaper?

1. Is it true that the victim's phone was handed over to police by her friend the day after the murder? Is this is same phone the police claim was found behind the room belonging to the suspects?

2. Since the suspects worked at the very same bar that the victims were at that night, and since they didn't flee, how is it possible that the initial blanket DNA tests did not find a match?!?

3. Is it true that relatives of prominent families on the island were exempted from giving DNA? If so, why? What law requires poor people to give DNA, but excuses rich people.

I know there are many, many more unanswered questions, but these stand out for me.

I would happily donate to a legal fund for defense for these guys. Perhaps an NGO can set that up here?

Not sure why try to answer these when you and others will go right back to facebook and come up with other conspiracy theories based on incorrect or unknown information.

The phone they found said belonged to one of the victims. Obviously it is not the same phone police police received, spoke about and is showed publicly at the start of the case. It may be his his phone or her 2nd Thai/UK phone.

The suspect didn't work at the bar.

No suspect was excluded from DNA testing. A son of a rich family who was not on the island at the time may or may have not been tested after police confirmed he wasn't on the island. The did dna testing on who they believed had the best chance being involved.

Despite their tactics, it appears based on numerous things, especially dna, they have caught the culprits. For many it is hard to accept because they maybe are not Thai or it wasn't a rich established Thai family on a killing/rape spree or it didn't fit what ever theory they were convinced happened or simply because jumping on a conspiracy bandwagon makes them feel good.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

RTP plant drugs all the time on people stopped at RTP check points...for a few thousand Baht. How hard is it to believe that they would not cover up a rich mans sons crime for millions of Baht.

In ten years here full time and a further ten years part time, I've never had that happen to me, never seen it happen to anyone else and never heard of it happening to anyone, not even family members in the village. Are you sure you're OK!

And you haven't been killed, so there are no murders in Thailand??coffee1.gif

You seem to have difficulty reading beyond the first half of the first sentence before formulating your response, unfortunate that!

"And your degrees and experience in forensic medicine and psychiatry are from?"

That is my whole point.........the pictures just tell the entire story...see those and this whole thing opens up as clear as day.

As gruesome as they are, and if you have any interest in this case, then you need to see them before casting any judgement....they provide utter clarity of the motivation for this terrible crime.

• Like 1

I too am concerned that these workers have had no legal counsel, can't speak the language and if a person were to be in position to be framed, it would be in a situation like this. While I would hope that the police are more than lackeys of the wealthy, on the other hand, I can say definitely that in America, this could easily be a frame-up and how could they prove otherwise?

Bizarre is also that so many policemen are filming the spectacle with their obviously private Ipads, mobile phones and cameras.

I could possibly understand if a police investigator documents the scene in case the theater scene could somehow reveal something of interest (whatever that may be).

But police officials (ab)using the reconstruction of the murder and filming the 'show' (it can't be called otherwise with so many onlookers present) most likely just for their private purposes (sang som evening with buddies playing cards, watching the clip afterwards gaping at the big spectacle) is a scandal and against all rules of decency and good police work.

I agree fully - this feels a lot like public distraction and a staged spectacle, while the real murderers may well be back in their (Thai?) communities for a long time. It smelled bad from the point when the police already 'identified' the killers as foreigners before they even knew any details.