OK to change reason for extension from marriage to work or need a new visa?

Received a Non-Imm O visa from Hull last year which is what I entered on then did my first ever 1yr extension based on marriage last year. That is up for renewal soon and I planned to do the same again but my boss would like me to do an extension based on employment instead so have a couple of questions.

1) Can a non-imm O be extended based on employment or does it have to be exclusively marriage?

2) If not I presume I would have to leave Thailand and get a new non-imm B which could then be extended based on employment?

3) The marriage extension last year was quite lengthy, I was told the first marriage extension is usually more thorough with immigration officers visiting the house, interviewing neighbours etc but then following years are easier. So if I do an extension based on employment for the next few years and then change to an extension based on marriage again will that application be treated as a first extension and will we have to go through all that again?

Thanks for any advice/info.

1/2. You should be able to change the reason for your extension without needing to go out for another visa.

But if it was me I would not do it. With an extension based upon working it goes away when your job ends.

The only reason I can see for your employer wanting you to change is because he feels he would have greater control over you.

3. If you change to an extension for working and them back to marriage it would be treated as your first extension.