Rights group arranges lawyers for Myanmar men

Lite Beer

I believe timid entirely possible that these are the ones who committed the crime , but still think its a good thing for this group to provide lawyers to these 3...

If torture and abuse ... It should come out and those responsive punished...

Although if the DNA tests are accurate and these 3 did it... Hope they also are punished...

Let's see how this all turns out...

What would be nice to see more of ... reasonable and rational posts based on reality and not speculations and wishes based on emotion.

Your basing your trust on the RTP .. the same RTP that are right now being accused of taking money for illegal workers there...ie CORRUPT.. Once credibility is gone it means all other possibilities are open to corruption.... including RTP DNA findings... once credibility is shot thats it ... it left the building faster than Elvis this time.........

That is why we are asking for independent testing and investigation, if you had any wish to know the truth confirmed then youd also put your name down.

Its not emotional its logical.

It is not logical at all to believe UK authorities will ask or be granted access to the suspects to draw DNA. It just is not the way countries work.

They now are getting lawyers who can do this and then compare the DNA to the labs in Thailand and Singapore that was originally collected from the crime scene. I believe 100% they should have good attorneys. I don't believe in other countries getting involved in other countries criminal proceedings and other countries tend to agree with this.

Nobody saying that there is not corruption within the police but they do realize that that these suspect's DNA can be tested again as long as their bodies are around.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Good news, everyone should have legal counsel when jailed guilty or not. However, this will not help those who cannot accept the overwhelming evidence against these two or those who want to believe it was the rich Thai kid (for no other reason than he is rich and Thai) that did it who was taking an exam at school in Bangkok and appeared on security cameras that day in Bangkok.

No doubt the lawyers will be able to collect new DNA samples from their clients and have it compared against the DNA results from the semen taken from the scene originally and sent to both Thai and Singapore labs. But again, doubt this will convince some of admitting their original suspicions were wrong.

While police may have done things wrong, there is no plausible way they could fake the DNA and expect to get away with it unless these two accused disappear from the planet and nobody can ever check their or their family's DNA ever again.

You sound like you're buddies with or connected with the Headman's son. Pardon me if my suspicion is wrong. It's just that the son should still be a prime suspect. Same goes for his uncle and the uncle's cop friend. Unfortunately (for the Burmese and for the truth) there is no continuing investigation by officialdom. Case is closed because they have scapegoats.

And why should they be suspects? Especially now they have these suspects whose DNA matches, admitted to the crimes, were the ones in the video and were the ones seen playing and singing that night near the crime scene and whose friend will be testifying against them.

Pardon me for suggesting it is time to accept your original suspicions were almost certainly wrong ... I know mine were.

Dear John,

You say and I quote:-

''There is just no reasonable reason to believe these two are not guilty and it was a rich Thai person or any logical reason for the police to continue to look for suspects given the evidence against these two and the statements from the 3 of them together that night''

Does not the fiasco that you have seen unfolding in recent weeks before YOUR very eyes not give you the slightest concern that things might not quite be as they seem???

Yes you might be right ,but by luck rather than judgement ..and if you are that's great news ...but please ,please John get more wise in what you deem to post before someone writes you a letter!

• Like 1

Allez tout le monde à la télévision .. si vous voulez être sûr à ce sujet alors nous avons besoin de 10.000 sigs de passer à la pétition de l'ambassade britannique et le gouvernement britannique pour une autre enquête indépendante, tous les gens veulent est la vraie justice et la fermeture pour David et hannahs familles , cela signifie que 100% sans doute .... obtenir suffisamment de voix et le Royaume-Uni gov devront ouvrir une enquête si elles havnt déjà derrière des portes closes.

Nous pouvons faire une différence pour une fois, tout ce qu'il faut sont pour les bonnes gens fassent quelque chose ....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#share

S'il vous plaît Modérateurs im vous demande au nom de beaucoup faire la bonne chose et que ce lien séjour.

This petition is an insult to our hosts. By agreeing to be the vector Thai Visa definitely ranks in the category of foreigners dismissive and arrogant.
I think I will not stay long time with you my friend, I have no desire to be associated with your claims grossly contemptuous.
Edited by Hisseho

I believe timid entirely possible that these are the ones who committed the crime , but still think its a good thing for this group to provide lawyers to these 3...

Although if the DNA tests are accurate and these 3 did it... Hope they also are punished...

What would be nice to see more of ... reasonable and rational posts based on reality and not speculations and wishes based on emotion.

Your basing your trust on the RTP .. the same RTP that are right now being accused of taking money for illegal workers there...ie CORRUPT.. Once credibility is gone it means all other possibilities are open to corruption.... including RTP DNA findings... once credibility is shot thats it ... it left the building faster than Elvis this time.........

That is why we are asking for independent testing and investigation, if you had any wish to know the truth confirmed then youd also put your name down.

It is not logical at all to believe UK authorities will ask or be granted access to the suspects to draw DNA. It just is not the way countries work.

They now are getting lawyers who can do this and then compare the DNA to the labs in Thailand and Singapore that was originally collected from the crime scene.

Nobody saying that there is not corruption within the police but they do realize that that these suspect's DNA can be tested again as long as their bodies are around.

They have already offered to help a few days ago but turned down... what do think that was all about ? ... so the reason is ? its a simple choice m8 and given there is all this fuss they have everything to lose by refusing and everything to gain by accepting... the only reason not to is..........................

You dont know where or if they are comparing DNA in two locations because it hasnt been mentioned they are doing it far as i know, link please if you can prove it otherwise ill have no option but to say your assuming again.

Corruption in KT police is KEY to the credibility of any crime investigation there...... No i dont think the police realise that about DNA they aint scientists, in fact i dont think the police here even understand DNA or its finer points just like when they got all flustered when a couple of them were found involved in a crime by DNA a few years back and their boss or cpt tried to dismiss DNA testing as rubbish.

Edited by englishoak

Good news, everyone should have legal counsel when jailed guilty or not. However, this will not help those who cannot accept the overwhelming evidence against these two or those who want to believe it was the rich Thai kid (for no other reason than he is rich and Thai) that did it who was taking an exam at school in Bangkok and appeared on security cameras that day in Bangkok.

No doubt the lawyers will be able to collect new DNA samples from their clients and have it compared against the DNA results from the semen taken from the scene originally and sent to both Thai and Singapore labs. But again, doubt this will convince some of admitting their original suspicions were wrong.

While police may have done things wrong, there is no plausible way they could fake the DNA and expect to get away with it unless these two accused disappear from the planet and nobody can ever check their or their family's DNA ever again.

You sound like you're buddies with or connected with the Headman's son. Pardon me if my suspicion is wrong. It's just that the son should still be a prime suspect. Same goes for his uncle and the uncle's cop friend. Unfortunately (for the Burmese and for the truth) there is no continuing investigation by officialdom. Case is closed because they have scapegoats.

And why should they be suspects? Especially now they have these suspects whose DNA matches, admitted to the crimes, were the ones in the video and were the ones seen playing and singing that night near the crime scene and whose friend will be testifying against them.

Pardon me for suggesting it is time to accept your original suspicions were almost certainly wrong ... I know mine were.

Sorry, can you clarify which video you are actually referring to? is it the one from the middle of the night with two crucial minutes edited out of it to hide the identity of the other person who was walking ahead of the suspect or perhaps you mean the video of the three men with dark hair on the moped around 11pm that night?

You know the three men , all with dark hair, none of whom have dyed blond hair as the police have said.

More than one guitar player on koh tao John.

Sean Mcanna played guitar. He said he was threatened as he was a witness.Hmmmm.

• Like 1

Sorry, can you clarify which video you are actually referring to? is it the one from the middle of the night with two crucial minutes edited out of it to hide the identity of the other person who was walking ahead of the suspect or perhaps you mean the video of the three men with dark hair on the moped around 11pm that night?

You know the three men , all with dark hair, none of whom have dyed blond hair as the police have said.

More than one guitar player on koh tao John.

Sean Mcanna played guitar. He said he was threatened as he was a witness.Hmmmm.

I am referring to the date stamped Thai security cameras of the rich Thai kid that was taking an exam at university the day of the murders.

The video's you refer to can all be set aside and instead focus on the most damning evidence and that is the DNA match of the suspects.

it dosnt matter who did it only that they are caught and theres no doubt... As for the kid your on about theres another son and hes not being mentioned but hes real and was on Island at the time. Its a reasonable request to ask the appropriate questions of all.

The whole point of a separate investigation is to verify DNA matching and such... what is your problem with an independent agent or country doing this pref the UK whos citizens it was that were butchered ?

a match is a match right ? shouldnt matter who does it the results will be the same and ThaIand can then stick two fingers up at everyone and regain their honour .. they have everything to gain by doing so if on the level ............so what is the big deal here ?

If they have access to good lawyers who can obtain their DNA then that should settle it.BTW Oak, I think there is only one son, the other figure is the kamnan's brother.

Allez tout le monde à la télévision .. si vous voulez être sûr à ce sujet alors nous avons besoin de 10.000 sigs de passer à la pétition de l'ambassade britannique et le gouvernement britannique pour une autre enquête indépendante, tous les gens veulent est la vraie justice et la fermeture pour David et hannahs familles , cela signifie que 100% sans doute .... obtenir suffisamment de voix et le Royaume-Uni gov devront ouvrir une enquête si elles havnt déjà derrière des portes closes.

Nous pouvons faire une différence pour une fois, tout ce qu'il faut sont pour les bonnes gens fassent quelque chose ....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#share

S'il vous plaît Modérateurs im vous demande au nom de beaucoup faire la bonne chose et que ce lien séjour.

This petition is an insult to our guests. By agreeing to be the vector Thai Visa definitely ranks in the category of guests dismissive and arrogant.
I think I will not make old bones with you friend, I have no desire to be associated with your claims grossly contemptuous.

Lost in translation me thinks ...old bones and all...????

• Like 1

This petition is an insult to our guests. By agreeing to be the vector Thai Visa definitely ranks in the category of guests dismissive and arrogant.
I think I will not make old bones with you friend, I have no desire to be associated with your claims grossly contemptuous.

Lost in translation me thinks ...old bones and all...????

No kidding LOL i thought other language wasnt allowed here and that quoting posts are supposed to be left as they are, not translated.. whistling.gif

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

I am sure their defense will also test the DNA as well ...

Completely agree with any of your comments above, but just don't want everyone to loose the entire plot...

If everything you say is true... Does that mean they are innocent?

Just because there are problems with Thai Police, does that mean they should get a free pass if they killed these 2?

I don't think it should...

While it is good to spot light the corruption and hopefully punish the corrupt... It Shouldn't mean that murders are given a free pass..

• Like 1

it dosnt matter who did it only that they are caught and theres no doubt... As for the kid your on about theres another son and hes not being mentioned but hes real and was on Island at the time. Its a reasonable request to ask the appropriate questions of all.

The whole point of a separate investigation is to verify DNA matching and such... what is your problem with an independent agent or country doing this pref the UK whos citizens it was that were butchered ?

a match is a match right ? shouldnt matter who does it the results will be the same and ThaIand can then stick two fingers up at everyone and regain their honour .. they have everything to gain by doing so if on the level ............so what is the big deal here ?

If they have access to good lawyers who can obtain their DNA then that should settle it.BTW Oak, I think there is only one son, the other figure is the kamnan's brother.

Nope there are two sons according to the big Brother... his words when asked directly.. actually the reports are there are three but im going on what the headman said himself on camera when asked. And ive since asked 3 separate thais to confirm what was said.. just to be sure .. Two sons is what the man said.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

John - do you have ANY doubts whatsoever that the RTP might not have handled this entire incident in the best way, that everyone that might have even remotely been involved has had their DNA tested, and that the DNA "match" with these current suspects is 100% legit?

Personally, I have so many doubts I'd dismiss anything the RTP try to say or prove out of hand from this point onwards without any independent verification. This one incident has shown the world that Thailand isn't changing, doesn't want to change, and won't change in our lifetimes. The corruption and attitudes of superiority from the top down are far too ingrained.

No investigation is handled 100% and I would not expect anything close in a less developed country where police are paid horribly and often take bribes.

I do however believe the DNA results they collected at the scene and tested and shared with Sinpapore is accurate. I also believe the DNA taken from these two matched that DNA. The police are many things but they are no so stupid to believe at some point these guys may recant their confession and their lawyer would get new DNA sample from them to be tested against the results of the semen dna taken from the scene which again was shared with Singapore.

What I don't believe is going on and on about it being rich or powerful Thais simply because they are rich and powerful ... especially given the evidence that goes along with the dna against these guys.

" Tourists are returning in droves... tourists are confident about safety. tourists are confident the authorities can provide safety. "

Well of course they are, it just couldn't be an other way, could it ?

So foreign tourists suddenly booked tickets within the last 48 hours and are now arriving on Koh Tao? I hope he means local tourists!

I certainly hope the accused get good lawyers and justice is done. I hope independent swabs are made of the accused and reanalysed in Singapore. Even 95% of Thais don't think they are guilty, as they have an inherit distrust of the police and their methods.

• Like 1

I am sure their defense will also test the DNA as well ...

Completely agree with any of your comments above, but just don't want everyone to loose the entire plot...

If everything you say is true... Does that mean they are innocent?

Just because there are problems with Thai Police, does that mean they should get a free pass if they killed these 2?

I don't think it should...

While it is good to spot light the corruption and hopefully punish the corrupt... It Shouldn't mean that murders are given a free pass..

Very good question. No it dosnt mean they are innocent just deserve good and honest due process.

Justice and law dont always mean the same thing even though they sit on the scales as one. At the same time as giving anyone a free pass how do you balance that with possibly killing 2 more innocents ?

its a difficult call and one thats been faced by many countries with a law system. Overall most come to the conclusion that to have the law it must be upheld in the process as well as any findings and finally Justice... one protects the integrity and honesty of the other.

There is FAR more to this whole thing than just two Burmese kids getting a hard on.....thats all im certain of atm

Its the tip of an iceberg of god knows what proportion.

Edited by englishoak

Only the first batch of samples seemed to have been analysed in Singapore. Where they determined the semen was from two asians. There has been no mention at all of any followup testing being done overseas. Please show me a link where it states all DNA testing has been done overseas. I think the RTP forensics unit has been doing it.

• Like 2

Only the first batch of samples seemed to have been analysed in Singapore. Where they determined the semen was from two asians. There has been no mention at all of any followup testing being done overseas. Please show me a link where it states all DNA testing has been done overseas. I think the RTP forensics unit has been doing it.

Did somebody suggest differently?

That's my understanding as well, after the initial analysis in Singapore, all subsequent testing has been done in Thailand.

I am very happy to see this news. There is at least a glimmer of hope now to get (closer) to the bottom if this. If these guys did it, fine. But we need to know more, not just the little play the police put on last Friday. I want to know more about what happened, if they acted alone etc. The story us not as simple as the police want us all to believe so they can go back to their whiskey.

Edit: hate all that tourism crap they needlessly add to the end of every article.

Edited by taony
  • Like 1

What does this say about your ''rational'' posts based on ''reality'' John?? We do not have to speculate about your emotional wishes do we now????

• Like 1