Overstay to pay or not?

Hi,

My visa is valid until Sunday 2 November.

I plan to take a minivan on Sunday evening around 7 pm for going to Vientiane. I will arrive at the border the 3 November in the morning around 6 am, my question is: will I have to pay overstay or not?

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

One day overstay is no big deal I did the same think one time and they just smiled and said SORRY you have to pay 500 baht. He was really nice about it and joked and then had me translate a few words for him he was not sure of Very nice immigration officer . Then I went and got a non o visa without a problem

So overstay one day is nothing Don't worry just pay it

Take a mini van on the 1st. it is 500baht cheaper then the one on the 2nd.

And what company is that, please??? AYA from the train station??

Because that 500 Baht would pay for the extra night in a hotel and I have heard Mondays and Wednesdays are the quietest days in Vientiane.

And what company is that, please??? AYA from the train station??

Because that 500 Baht would pay for the extra night in a hotel and I have heard Mondays and Wednesdays are the quietest days in Vientiane.

"My visa is valid until Sunday 2 November.

I plan to take a minivan on Sunday evening around 7 pm for going to Vientiane. I will arrive at the border the 3 November in the morning around 6 am, my question is: will I have to pay overstay or not?"

The crossing is not open on Sunday? It is only cheaper if you don't pay the overstay - I was thinking that part was obvious. No one has to overstay, but if they do and it is cheaper then I guess they can do that too.

It's October???

You have 4 weeks left on your Visa yet giggle.gif

There are people who plan ahead in life and don't wait until the last day and panic.

I think what Faz is referring to is, why doesn't he plan to go to Laos on the 1st November, get to border on the 2nd, no Overstay to pay....

• Like 1

It's October???

There are people who plan ahead in life and don't wait until the last day and panic.
If you plan ahead, as you say, than you don't end up with posting this question on TV.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why would the OP want to take the mini van twice....on the 1st then the 2nd?

Some people are beyond help when they can't even read someone else's post properly....

Thanks for all your answers ;)

Yes I plan to go with AYA, initially I plan to go on Sunday 2 November for arriving on Monday when embassy is open. If I go on the 1 I need to spend one more night in Vientiane. I'm on a tight budget so I don't know if the cost for 1 night in very basic guesthouse + meals is cheaper than 500 THB?

And I don't know too how it works with AYA because normally it's one night staying at Vientiane not 2?

Perhaps the best solution is to go on 29 October, apply at embassy the 30 and take visa for come back on 31.

Depending on where you are, you can go to Mukdahan on the 2nd, cross to Savannakhet, Laos before the bridge closes (I think 8 or 9 pm), There is a cheap guesthouse very close to the bus station. The following day you can walk to the consulate, apply and hang out or rest more. Your passport is returned around 3pm at which time you cross back and take a bus to be in Bangkok again in the night.

When entering Laos make sure you have USD in the correct amount down to the dollar to avoid to be scammed to pay Laos visa in Baht or "no have change".

Edited by paz

Jip66, on 05 Oct 2014 - 15:32, said:
FritsSikkink, on 05 Oct 2014 - 13:00, said:
Faz, on 05 Oct 2014 - 12:41, said:

It's October???

I think what Faz is referring to is, why doesn't he plan to go to Laos on the 1st November, get to border on the 2nd, no Overstay to pay....

thumbsup.gif

Why would the OP want to take the mini van twice....on the 1st then the 2nd?

Some people are beyond help when they can't even read someone else's post properly....

That would be half the members on TVF.