Armed robber steals over B17,000 from Phuket Town 7-Eleven

Lite Beer

Armed robber steals over B17,000 from Phuket Town 7-Eleven
Darawan Naknakhon

1412486953_1.jpg

The robber has stolen from three 7-Elevens in and around Phuket Town. Photo: Sry85

PHUKET: -- An armed robber stole over B17,000 in cash from a 7-Eleven on Ranong Road, Phuket Town, at between midnight and 1am this morning (October 5).

When the police arrived, the cashier on duty at that time, Rawitch Wichjuthakul, told them the robber came in the store fully covered head-to-toe, wearing a red jacket, jeans, white gloves, and a motorcycle helmet to conceal his face.

The robber, pistol in hand, ordered the cashier, Rawitch Wichjuthakul, to hand over the contents of the till and safe, then sped away on a motorbike with no licence plate, police reported.

Lt Col Chow Pomna, deputy superintendent of Muang Phuket Police, said that after police examined the store’s CCTV footage, they now believe the suspect is the same robber who struck at 7-Eleven stores in Rock Garden residential estate and on the Thepkasattri Road a couple weeks ago.

Police are seeking the suspect, having examined CCTV footage from all three robbed stores.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/armed-robber-steals-over-b17-000-from-phuket-town-7-eleven-48999.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-05

Another druggie knocking off corner stores.

At $500 odd a pop he's not exactly a great train robber.

"At $500 odd a pop he's not exactly a great train robber." - I doubt his victims care for the amount he is stealing, when they are looking down the barrel of his gun.

• Like 1

"At $500 odd a pop he's not exactly a great train robber." - I doubt his victims care for the amount he is stealing, when they are looking down the barrel of his gun.

Missed the point of my post, again.

Which was...?

Cars with no Plate roaming freely in Motorways / Highways / Inter-City highways and police do nothing.

If somebody removes plates and shoot you, you die in vain.

They wanted all tourists to carry ID at all times at some point, but drivers with no driver-license (considered as man-slaughter in western countries in case of an accident) and cars with no plates (I have seen so many) is no problem? Hub of Hypocracy.

• Like 1

Simple to catch add second set off doors to get into store and bullet proof glass as they leave can't open outer door stuck can't get back in TRAPPED LIKE RAT call BIB case solved.

This could increase the violence and/or or damage, during the armed robbery.

He either shoots and/or badly assults the member of staff, so he can't lock the double doors on him, or, you would also have to put bars on all the shop windows, as he will just pick up what's on the counter, like the chewing gum display, or microwave, and throw it through a window and climb out.

Or, you could simply have an accomplice hold the doors open. :)

Edited by NamKangMan

Which was...?

My point is that by sensationalising every relatively minor Thai on Thai crime, on this English language Expat Forum, it only attracts the idiot element who unreasonably attack Phuket with posts like the one quoted below. The motive seems to be personal and aimed at deterring people from visiting the Island.

Phuket becoming more and more famous with the dark side ....

In a country of 65 million people crime happens everywhere all the time. Although I do believe at a lessor rate than in most western countries, but that is impossible to prove as statistics aren't kept here.

While it is no doubt distressing for the victims of this robbery I feel it unnecessary to report these incidents here as if they are major events. With the possible exception of Pattaya, most other local forums don't carry these "sensational" stories all the time.

By all means, talk about major events, and incidents relating to farang here, but why do we need this sort of coverage every time there's a robbery of a few baht or someone assaults his mate in a fight over a girl.

Feel free to disagree.

----------------

"Old Croc" said: Another druggie knocking off corner stores.

----------------

Which was...?

My point is that by sensationalising every relatively minor Thai on Thai crime, on this English language Expat Forum, it only attracts the idiot element who unreasonably attack Phuket with posts like the one quoted below. The motive seems to be personal and aimed at deterring people from visiting the Island.

----------------

"Nemesis7" said: Phuket becoming more and more famous with the dark side ....

----------------

In a country of 65 million people crime happens everywhere all the time. Although I do believe at a lessor rate than in most western countries, but that is impossible to prove as statistics aren't kept here.

While it is no doubt distressing for the victims of this robbery I feel it unnecessary to report these incidents here as if they are major events. With the possible exception of Pattaya, most other local forums don't carry these "sensational" stories all the time.

By all means, talk about major events, and incidents relating to farang here, but why do we need this sort of coverage every time there's a robbery of a few baht or someone assaults his mate in a fight over a girl.

Feel free to disagree.

I fixed the quotes biggrin.png (but had to "unquotify" a couple of quotes to get it all to look right.)

So I'm feeling free to disagree wink.png ... NKM's post about the crook's victims looking down the barrel of a gun wasn't really sensationalising the story IMO.

Any story about a robber with a gun is worthy of discussion and merely because the amount of money involved was small doesn't detract from the fact that he was carrying a gun.

OK, I'm not too clear what Nemesis7 means by the "dark side", but I agree with NKM.