Joe Biden apologises to UAE for Syria extremist comments

webfact

Joe Biden apologises to UAE for Syria extremist comments

WASHINGTON: -- US Vice-President Joe Biden has apologised to the United Arab Emirates after suggesting it had fuelled the rise of extremist groups in Syria.

The White House confirmed the call to the UAE, a day after Mr Biden offered a similar apology to Turkey.

The authorities in the UAE had earlier condemned his remarks to students at Harvard University last week.

The UAE is among several Arab states that have joined the US-led alliance against jihadists in Syria and Iraq.

The coalition has been bombing the extremist Islamic State (IS) group, which controls a broad swathe of territory in Iraq and Syria, in recent weeks.

'Amazing' comments

Mr Biden told the Harvard students on Thursday that Turkey, the UAE and Saudi Arabia had extended "billions of dollars and tens of thousands of tonnes of weapons" to Sunni fighters battling Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29502448

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-10-06

When you have the president of the United State bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia

all the US pride has gone out the window already, so apologizing to the Turks and the

Arabs are matter of course now days...

• Like 1

Biden is a moron, I doubt he could point to Syria on a map.

He is so NOT a moron. But he does have a loose mouth.

" He is so NOT a moron "

You say that as if you think he is some kind of academic star or that he has an above average IQ, whereas his academic record is pretty ordinary

During his first year there, he was accused of having plagiarized 5 of 15 pages of a law review article. Biden said it was inadvertent due to his not knowing the proper rules of citation, and he was permitted to retake the course after receiving an 'F' grade, which was subsequently dropped from his record.[26] He received his Juris Doctor in 1968,[27] graduating 76th of 85 in his class.[25] He was admitted to the Delaware Bar in 1969.[27]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

and Rudolph Giuliani isn't impressed by him

"I mean, this guy just isn't bright. He's never been bright. He isn't bright," Giuliani, a Republican, said on CNBC. "And people think, `Well, he just talks a little too much.' Actually, he's just not very smart."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/15/giuliani-biden-has-never-been-bright/

Edited by Asiantravel

and Rudolph Giuliani isn't impressed by him

"I mean, this guy just isn't bright. He's never been bright. He isn't bright," Giuliani, a Republican, said on CNBC. "And people think, `Well, he just talks a little too much.' Actually, he's just not very smart."

All of a sudden I have a lot more respect for Biden.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When you have the president of the United State bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia

all the US pride has gone out the window already, so apologizing to the Turks and the

The Christian POTUS does not bow down to the king, much less a muslim. If Islam allowed it, the king should bow down to the US for making sure its financial lifeline remains open via the Hormuz Strait and safety from Somolia pirates. While the US national security itself DOES NOT DEPEND ON MIDDLE EAST OIL, its allies do. So the US provides economic and energy security for the EU and Asian countries. Biden was told to appologize as a matter of DIPLOMACY. That doesn't make his remarks any less than truthful.

Saudi Arabia has been in political competition with Iran and Eqypt for dominance in Syria and Iraq. To that end SA has been supplying rebels, ANY rebels, in Syria to fight Asaad while Iran along with Russia supply Asaad. The US required certification of exactly what rebels needed to be supplied, what their political intent was, and to what extent if any that they would not align with extremist Islamic radicals. With the rise of ISIS/ISIL some middle east countries are tempted to try to use it to control both Syria and Iraq. The US has pressured Saudi Arabia, Qata, and UAE in reversing their policies to join the coalition against ISIS/ISIL with diplomacy. In effect the King of Saudi Arabia bowed to the US in agreeing to join.

You should educate yourself more in foreign affairs before you attempt to use uneducated one-liners if you care about credibility. But maybe that's not an issue for you.

• Like 2

If Biden is a moron, what do you call Sarah Palin?

I don't know. Does Sarah Palin plagiarize her speeches from British politicians?

At least Biden knows where the President lives.

thumbsup.gif

I don't know. Does Sarah Palin plagiarize her speeches from British politicians?

thumbsup.gif

But he can't even remember who is dead and who is alivegiggle.gif

"His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she's- wait- your mom's still- your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul." --Joe Biden, on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who is very much alive, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010facepalm.gif

In all my years of working in the Arab world, I cannot recall once hearing an Arab apologise, I don't even recall the Arabic word for it. It's simply not in their nature. JB should NEVER have apologised. His advisers could then have classified his original statement as a misinterpretation, put it down to semantics etc.

thumbsup.gif

Yes, it's in one of the 57 states... rolleyes.gif

UAE Arabs are hippocrites. Qatar is funding ISIS. Saudis are backing the ISIS. Look at their history

Actually they are not backing ISIS. ISIS are a huge threat to the monarchies.

What they did do was recklessly back Sunni rebels without understanding the consequences.

<

It's complicated. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Pity the people in power don't understand that and gen up on what they are supposed to be saying and who is supposed to be the coalition. At the end of the day who is anybody in the USA to complain about anybody else providing funds and munitions to ISIS when that is all the US/UK et al have done for the last two years.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The Christian POTUS does not bow down to the king, much less a muslim. If Islam allowed it, the king should bow down to the US for making sure its financial lifeline remains open via the Hormuz Strait and safety from Somolia pirates. While the US national security itself DOES NOT DEPEND ON MIDDLE EAST OIL, its allies do. So the US provides economic and energy security for the EU and Asian countries. Biden was told to appologize as a matter of DIPLOMACY. That doesn't make his remarks any less than truthful.

Saudi Arabia has been in political competition with Iran and Eqypt for dominance in Syria and Iraq. To that end SA has been supplying rebels, ANY rebels, in Syria to fight Asaad while Iran along with Russia supply Asaad. The US required certification of exactly what rebels needed to be supplied, what their political intent was, and to what extent if any that they would not align with extremist Islamic radicals. With the rise of ISIS/ISIL some middle east countries are tempted to try to use it to control both Syria and Iraq. The US has pressured Saudi Arabia, Qata, and UAE in reversing their policies to join the coalition against ISIS/ISIL with diplomacy. In effect the King of Saudi Arabia bowed to the US in agreeing to join.

You should educate yourself more in foreign affairs before you attempt to use uneducated one-liners if you care about credibility. But maybe that's not an issue for you.

Hmmmm . . . it sure looks like a bow to me.

obama-bows-saudi-king.jpg

• Like 2