Why isn't Hyundai a better seller in Tailand?

giddyup

Service is worse than Ford.

BS. Service is excellent.

Fullcave, Ignore the old fella as clearly there is something wrong upstairs so to speak..... did you notice he told us has a mate who takes his Hyundai from Thailand to Australia to be serviced......................

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fullcave, Ignore the old fella as clearly there is something wrong upstairs so to speak..... did you notice he told us has a mate who takes his Hyundai from Thailand to Australia to be serviced......................

I believe his mate charters an Airbus specifically for the purpose.giggle.gif

Probably all the reasons advanced against Hyundai are valid. However, Honda and Toyota could be slipping - there seems to be a lot of Nissan Almeras in Chiang Mai. Very competitive on price, and the older Nissans rack up 300 - 400 K, so also reliable.

I believe his mate charters an Airbus specifically for the purpose.giggle.gif

555. Prolly has em remove the business class seats so the Hundy can ride up front !!

Years ago my friend bought a Hyundai Sonata (new) one of the mos beautiful cars i have ever driven, (i was the designated driver) had all the bells and whistles, leather seats, i was very impressed, 3 years later (to the day) bit's and pieces started to fall off, i mean buttons that you press and knobs on the dash, smaller mechanical problems started to appear, by the 5th year the car was rubbish, more mechanical problems, the interior looked shabby and it just didn't drive so well, the AC blew up in the middle of the express way (Sydney Harbour Bridge) and it was just a nightmare,, i talked to my Korean girlfriend at the time about it and she explained to me that in Korea ( i heard this about Japan as well) that they only keep their cars for 3 years then trade for a new model,, could this be the answer, car's aren't made to last forever,, just go to any car sale website and see how many Hyundais there are for sale,, just seems people have been bitten once and know not to get bitten again, they are beautiful designed cars i must admit, the Getz was a huge success, all when new but they don't last very long and end up in the second hand car sale ads but no one want's to buy them. Look at how many old Toyotas there are around compared to Hyundais,, in any country,, the numbers tell the story.

Where are these Excellent Service Centres to aid real Motorists who drive all over Thailand, but then some oiks only Pose on Beach Road.cheesy.gif

Over many different threads you have mentioned they are all crap so why even bother asking ?

I wanted to buy a kia wife says ooo darling must buy toyota or izuzu this number one so i bought a honda she said that ok..

as said above ingrained but i know it is face to me a car is a car in the UK kia has a good name..

Ever considered the breaks?

And all this time i thought Whingin Poms could read.Seems to be many Ford, all be they useless amidst fine Toyo Mazda, Honda, Isuzu, Mitsu, M.B, BMW , and even Proton in some places , seems ive missed Hyundi signs during my 30 K.M. per year.Get Real.Good Cars no back up.

Years ago my friend bought a Hyundai Sonata (new) one of the mos beautiful cars i have ever driven, (i was the designated driver) had all the bells and whistles, leather seats, i was very impressed, 3 years later (to the day) bit's and pieces started to fall off, i mean buttons that you press and knobs on the dash, smaller mechanical problems started to appear, by the 5th year the car was rubbish, more mechanical problems, the interior looked shabby and it just didn't drive so well, the AC blew up in the middle of the express way (Sydney Harbour Bridge) and it was just a nightmare,, i talked to my Korean girlfriend at the time about it and she explained to me that in Korea ( i heard this about Japan as well) that they only keep their cars for 3 years then trade for a new model,, could this be the answer, car's aren't made to last forever,, just go to any car sale website and see how many Hyundais there are for sale,, just seems people have been bitten once and know not to get bitten again, they are beautiful designed cars i must admit, the Getz was a huge success, all when new but they don't last very long and end up in the second hand car sale ads but no one want's to buy them. Look at how many old Toyotas there are around compared to Hyundais,, in any country,, the numbers tell the story.

Years ago I would fully agree with you. However my experience with the newer Hyundais is totally different. My Thai car is a fortuner but overseas I have a 10 year old Hyundai thats still like new.

10 years ago I would look around my work accomodation compound and it was full of big Chevy or Ford SUV's. Now they're a rarity and I could safely say 75% of the private cars are Hyundais. 10 year old or less Santa fe's and Tucson's are in the majority with a large mix of Sonatas, Genesis, Velostars and Elantras.

As for weather conditions, these cars are handling Kuwait type temperatures and road conditions quite well.

OK, I drive an 18-year old Hyundai and I have never had a major problem. There are minor problems, of course, but they are more the result of technicians who are not willing to say that they do not know what to do (Thai technicians do not know the car). The dealers are not much help - in Udon they just plugged in a computer plug and then they told me everything was OK...

It is just trial and error: one day I found a guy who was honest and who said he could only do it by trying and trying again; he did and after that the car drove better than ever. Of course, after that all the maintenance on the car is done by that guy.....

Do not ask me what model I drive: it should have been changed into the new model Access, but Hyundai forgot to tell that to the Mitshubishi-facory that assembled the Hyundai cars in that year. The result: that year the cars got no model-name....and the cars did not get a manual either!

Sorry, but I don't believe any of that for a second. The Japanese only keep their cars for 3 years as well, do they all fall apart after 5 years? I had my Getz for over 5 years and it still looked like new, not one thing had fallen off it. You are probably talking about a Sonata that was made in 1985, the early Hyundais definitely had some quality issues, but to compete in today's market all cars have to be built to a standard or the company will soon be out of business. I doubt if anyone is going to pay over 60 grand for the top of the line Hyundai only to have bits falling off a couple of years later.

Only an American could like the looks of a car that has a front looking like a ten ton truck.

I'm an Australian and I love it. Ridiculous comment

Me to, I even bought a new Hyundai, doesn't alter the fact it has a front on it that looks like a ten ton truck. The last time I was in Australia was just six months ago and I cannot recall seeing many cars with that heavy looking front on it.

Sorry, but I don't believe any of that for a second. The Japanese only keep their cars for 3 years as well, do they all fall apart after 5 years? I had my Getz for over 5 years and it still looked like new, not one thing had fallen off it. You are probably talking about a Sonata that was made in 1985, the early Hyundais definitely had some quality issues, but to compete in today's market all cars have to be built to a standard or the company will soon be out of business. I doubt if anyone is going to pay over 60 grand for the top of the line Hyundai only to have bits falling off a couple of years later.

In Japan its all about the Shaken.

The older a car gets the more it costs for annual roadworthy inspections. I think by the time they are 5 years old the cost is not feasible and it is cheaper to just scrap the old and buy new.

Or something along those lines.

• Like 1

Only an American could like the looks of a car that has a front looking like a ten ton truck.

Me to, I even bought a new Hyundai, doesn't alter the fact it has a front on it that looks like a ten ton truck. The last time I was in Australia was just six months ago and I cannot recall seeing many cars with that heavy looking front on it.

So why say only an American could like it? I spoke to a mate in Adelaide only yesterday and he said the Veloster's are everywhere, so obviously a lot of Aussies like them as well, so you might be alone with your opinion.

A person can even find a way to bash an American even on a thread about cars. Shame on you.

I love the Veloster.

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Some people will find an excuse to insert their anti american feelings anywhere they see an opportunity....if its relevant to the topic, I don't mind a good "yank" bashing, but this was so far from on topic, not even funny

Lived in America many years, love the place, love the people, had many American cars which I loved, but this car in question still looks like a ten ton truck.

• Like 1

Some people will find an excuse to insert their anti american feelings anywhere they see an opportunity....if its relevant to the topic, I don't mind a good "yank" bashing, but this was so far from on topic, not even funny

Lived in America many years, love the place, love the people, had many American cars which I loved, but this car in question still looks like a ten ton truck.

You are still avoiding answering the question. Why could only an American like the looks?

I don't know the history of Hyundai in Thailand, but I currently own two Hyundai here in the states, a 2005 Tiburon and a 2007 Sonata. Considering that they both have a V6 engine they get decent gas mileage. I've never had any serious problems with either and the Tiburon now has over 100,000 miles on it. The 10 year / 100,000 mile warranty and the fact that they've greatly improved the styling of their lineup over the last 10 years has made the brand a hot seller here in the U.S.

Perhaps the Only American comment comes from the stub nosed look of their trucks,the big FORD logo for example is not generally liked here by Thais.What id love here is the old El Camino.

American cars are great - big HP with a soft ride. Who needs to turn corners fast in TH? Give me straight line speed with good comfort... All the EU big HP cars are unliveable in TH roads.

• Like 1

Perhaps the Only American comment comes from the stub nosed look of their trucks,the big FORD logo for example is not generally liked here by Thais.What id love here is the old El Camino.

American cars are great - big HP with a soft ride. Who needs to turn corners fast in TH? Give me straight line speed with good comfort... All the EU big HP cars are unliveable in TH roads.

Is this a outbreak of Aopola?biggrin.png

• Like 1

giddyup, In the US so many cars have this heavy front look, I don't see many here or in Europe, Australia etc with this look apart from pick up trucks. I don't like it but if you do then that is fine, I have no problem with that. Nothing anti American about it. I don't particularly like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but if Americans do then no problem for me, doesn't make me anti American. [My son loved them when we lived there.]

giddyup, In the US so many cars have this heavy front look, I don't see many here or in Europe, Australia etc with this look apart from pick up trucks. I don't like it but if you do then that is fine, I have no problem with that. Nothing anti American about it. I don't particularly like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but if Americans do then no problem for me, doesn't make me anti American. [My son loved them when we lived there.]

Australia loves it too obviously because the Veloster is so popular there. As was the big Chrysler 300 and many other American models over the years. Aussies couldn't get enough of these, so I'm afraid your argument doesn't hold water. The new Subaru WRX has a pretty brutal front end as well, as do a few Euro hatchbacks.

post-130068-0-55773300-1412736705_thumb.

post-130068-0-08909100-1412737280_thumb.

Edited by giddyup

Jeez, those Ghetto Wheels are Fugley, Beach Road Specials. Scubi Do looks Cool, its personal taste after all.I detest Black Cars in the Tropics, and most of the Wannabe Folks who drive em.

What are you talking about, the picture of the Chrysler is taken in the US, not Thailand.

Edited by giddyup