Asked for TM30 form at immigration

I'm a fully documented employee of a large government institution and I was taken by one of the HR staff to immigration today to get an extension for my B visa. My application was refused and I was told I needed to fill in a form and come back later. The form they gave me was a TM30, which, as far as I'm aware, is supposed to be submitted by the owner of the place I'm staying (and have been staying for the past 18 months). Is this normal? From reading (translations of) the relevant laws it seems this form wouldn't under normal circumstances pass through my hands at all. I've extended visas several times before without it being asked for. Is immigration just making it up as they go along here or is this something I should have been aware of? Since the form appears to be unconnected to the application process I'm worried that even if I do bring it to them (which doesn't seem to be normal procedure at all) they'll just turn around and say I need something else.

Unless the fees has been taken and you received a 7-days extension, your application has not been really refused. They just want that one more document from you. It is just one way they use to increase the burden on the applicant.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/659374-need-for-tm-30-receipt-of-notification/

Edited by paz

Unless the fees has been taken and you received a 7-days extension, your application has not been really refused. They just want that one more document from you. It is just one way they use to increase the burden on the applicant.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/659374-need-for-tm-30-receipt-of-notification/

Fair point about visa refusal, and thanks for the link. What is the law that says I'm supposed to have the receipt?

No law and no requirement, clearly they want to make it difficult, that could be for everyone that applies at that office. I think if you could easily get that paper that would be the easier way to end the matter.

Humour the immigration officer by filling out the form TM.30 in your capacity as the possessor of the place where you live, ie under the signature, underline POSSESSOR. Take a copy of the rental contract along, in case the officer wants to see it. As the renter of the residence, you are its chief possessor with exclusive authority to decide who gets to live in it for the duration of the rental period.

See Section 4 of the Immigration Act for the definition of House Master, Section 38 about the notification requirement. If you need the original Thai text of this law for your HR or whomever, you can find it here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/3139-useful-immigration-information-visa-descriptions/?p=2613047#entry2613047