Hope that someone in Immigration or TAT with some Authority read this.

Just got a call from two Ukrainians girls who requested help.

I am aware that they did a mistake, but where is the Common sense of Thai Immigration?

According to the book they are correct.

The girls had valid Non B Visa and left to Burma but were unaware that they have to do a Reentry Permit.

Returning from Burma they were denied entry because the Non B is not valid anymore.

They were denied a VISA on Arrival, because they admitted they were working.

They were able to buy ticket to Kuala Lumpur and today in the morning they were denied Tourist Visa in Kuala Lumpur because, new requirement, they were ask to show bank statement. Obvious they were not prepared.

I have suggested them to travel to Penang in the hope that a Tourist Visa will be granted there.

Since the beginning of the infamous crack down I have learnt of many stories and many people left Thailand. IMHO, all these people have contributed to Thailand.

These two girls will also tell their story to their friends and as a result people might decide to spend a holiday somewhere else.

Getting a visa on arrival has several requirements. Including a ticket out within 15 days and financial proof of 10,000 baht. Perhaps that was part of the reason for denial.

KL has been reported as wanting financial proof several times. It is on my don't go there list for any visa.

They will be able to get a tourist visa in Penang.

Thai Visa Service wrote: "Just got a call from two Ukrainians girls who requested help."

What help, if any, have you been able to give them?

Verbal advise to travel to Penang, use a agent and apply for a Tourist Visa first.

The "Young Women" come three weeks ago with a Non B and were under the process of getting the Work Permit, but decided to take a short trip to Yangoon and no one advised them to get a Re-Entry.

It would have been easy for IO at Airport to give them a Visa on Arrival, sort the paperwork out , again, and let them go to Laos to reapply for a Non B.

These two girls will also tell their story to their friends and as a result people might decide to spend a holiday somewhere else.

Well, consider that these girls are in Thailand precisely to work. Not many people from Ukraine can take vacations at all.

Edited by paz