I went to CW yesterday for my 6th retirement extension. Had all the paperwork in order, and when I got to see the officer in L Section there were no problems.

However, I was very surprised at the number of people waiting when I got there. I got ticket number 86 at 9.54am, and there were 65 people ahead of me. The afternoon was even worse, and the man next to me had 104 people ahead of him at 2.15pm. I eventually saw an officer at 3.15pm, and after getting everything re-checked, and a re-entry permit, I finally left the building at 4.35pm, just in time for the evening rush hour.

I was told when I was there that they are getting much busier lately, but the one question that I could not find an answer to was this:

"If you get a ticket at the counter, does that guarantee that you will be seen on that day?"

Does anyone know the answer?

From my last visit a couple of months back I believe they do handle everyone who has been issued a ticket. As it was getting late the Immigration Officer photocopied my new extension, etc herself so that I could get to the multi-entry desk before they closed.

I don't know what time they stop issuing tickets but it probably depend on time vs. number of people ahead.

Edit: Changed 'visa' to 'extension'

Edited by Bpuumike