Harley in thailand

Mickey Cohen

Their website being down since i guess more than a year doesn't help either....FB active though, although messages thru FB have never been answered to me. Phoned worked and guy was good in English. They are nice to look at, but really power wise it doesn't really cut it anymore. Look at the new Indian Scout soon available in Thailand for same money or of coures a new Ducati Diavel, albeit a bit of a different genre.

Bikers either love HD's or hate them. The people that are into them don't just buy a bike they buy the HD lifestyle. They are very loyal customers and every other manufacturer would love a customer base the same. I can't say that they are any different to other riders. Just go to any of the many bike shows around Thailand and they are as friendly and mix as much as the other owners / riders.

I've met plenty of tossers riding Honda's as well as other marques whistling.gifwink.png

To the OP. Harley-Davidson has shown interest to open an assembly plant in the Asean region, possibly Thailand, within the next five years.

It seems a long shot, so better get one now. There are plenty around, new or second hand. Yes, they are not cheap, but keep very good real value.

Generally speaking, before having an opinion about them, one has to own a Harley, or at least drive one for an extended time.

• Like 1

Today I went with my Sportster XL1200 for it's regular service appointment and nothing looked out of the ordinary.

Probably another topic to discredit the official Harley Davidson distribution in Thailand, I think every parallel importer always tries to discredit the official Thai Harley Davidson distribution...

The person who called and did not get connected, when did you call migthight?

To the OP. Harley-Davidson has shown interest to open an assembly plant in the Asean region, possibly Thailand, within the next five years.

It seems a long shot, so better get one now. There are plenty around, new or second hand. Yes, they are not cheap, but keep very good real value.

Generally speaking, before having an opinion about them, one has to own a Harley, or at least drive one for an extended time.

Harley Davidson already has production facility in India, and while the free-trade-agreement with India and Thailand excludes motorcycles, it doesn't for most of the other countries in Southeast Asian (especially Indonesia).

Any ideas where to get V&H pipes for HD sporty?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

so you bought one, congt. A 1200?

Try Ebay, loads of pipes there mostly in the US.

Bought Rush slip-on's for my ex Road King, 300US$ for the set and they sounded great, low rumble at low revs and a good bark when opening it up.

Okay then comes shipping and import tax but still quite cheap.

I had a flat track styled XR1200 back in England. Very quick off the line. Stable at high speed. Handled very well in the long sweepers but it`s heavy weight made hard going of it in the twisties. 50 miles average to a UK gallon. Aftermarket Remus can sounded fantastic (like a World War One biplane) :)

Going for the nightster 1200cc 2007

Hope its not gonna be to hard riding in the city...

As i only ride in bkk

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You should no the answer already.... of course that bikes gonna be hard in traffic.

• Like 1