Koh Samui prison chief fears Koh Tao murder suspects may commit suicide

webfact

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, they are safer with other inmates around, though the danger of a planted assassin cannot be ruled out. In a cell by themselves, it is more probable that they will be found hung and there will be problems with the CCTV tape.

I would think it much easier to explain the actions of a "rogue" inmate killing them in the general prison population than to explain how they hanged themselves under 24-hour guard in isolation.

Yes.... murdered by two other 'migrant workers' who were then shot dead by the guards.

Why do I have a very disturbed feeling in my gut here?

Paranoia ,I get that feeling after too much wackbacky.

Considering I have not smoked that stuff for over 20 years.... its just a random username... simple as that.

Paranoia?... I am not the one sitting in prison, why should I be paranoid??

But I get your drift.

I am simply feeling uneasy for the fate of these two who I seriously believe are innocent players in this whole mess up.

One thing many people is missing, when they talk about the DNA - who monitored, what DNA samples was taken from where, when, labeled, what?

There is no way we will ever get the real truth here....and we all know it....sadly.

I have been saying this for days and getting cremated by TVF members for saying it.

All DNA evidence collected from the crime scene must be assumed contaminated.

I agree with you 100%.

• Like 1

Three Myanmar witnesses in Koh Tao murder of two British tourists will be brought before the court probably next week to testify in advance before the start of the trial.

Pol Maj-Gen Apichart Boonsriroj, commander of Surat Thani provincial police, said today (Thursday) that the three Myanmar migrant workers were under the care of the police and the public prosecutor had been asked to seek the court’s permission to bring the three witnesses to testify in advance.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-myanmar-witnesses-testify-advance-koh-tao-murder-case/

Testify in advance ?? thats a new one on me rolleyes.gif

Anyone get the impression they are trying to rush this though and get something on record before a nasty incident might happen ........i hope not.

Presumably one of these "witnesses under the (tender) care of the police" would be the one referred to in the BKK post this morning who has told lawyers he saw nothing, read the rest yourself.

Farther to that.

The case that was sent to the prosecutor was sent back to the police as incomplete and as far as I know has not yet been resubmitted to the prosecutor.

If it has not then how are they planning to get witnesses heard without a case even being presented to a court by a prosecutor ?

I also find it quite humerous that the prison chief has already found them guilty.

"I have instructed other inmates to monitor the two Burmese men. I am afraid they may commit suicide, because they show signs of stress," said Chanin Liangsuwan, chief of Koh Samui District Prison. "They may be feeling guilty for the crime they have done."

I mean..... since when was the court case?... did I miss it or something??.. Maybe I was having a cup of tea at the time. I could have sworn the case against them had almost fallen apart last time I looked.

He should have said they are feeling alot of stress, since they, and the entire world knows they are innocent, and have been recklessly framed for a crime they did not commit. That would cause stress! I doubt there is a solitary cell at samui prison. It is a small facility. It is one large room with about 60 guys sleeping side by side on the floor. If you move your shoulder you are touching the guy next to you, according to a guy I know who had the good fortune of being their guest some time ago.

• Like 2

Sean Hayes McAnna says at 0:01:

To everyone commenting. I never said I knew the killers. I said that if I died that night it was the guy from in touch who "did it". anybody with half a brain knows it would always be blamed on Burmese. I'm gutted for everyone involved, but there's really nothing I can do. I'm sorry the newspapers lied to you. Believe me, they lied about a lot of things. They just like a story.

Three Myanmar witnesses in Koh Tao murder of two British tourists will be brought before the court probably next week to testify in advance before the start of the trial.

Pol Maj-Gen Apichart Boonsriroj, commander of Surat Thani provincial police, said today (Thursday) that the three Myanmar migrant workers were under the care of the police and the public prosecutor had been asked to seek the court’s permission to bring the three witnesses to testify in advance.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-myanmar-witnesses-testify-advance-koh-tao-murder-case/

Testify in advance ?? thats a new one on me rolleyes.gif

Anyone get the impression they are trying to rush this though and get something on record before a nasty incident might happen ........i hope not.

Presumably one of these "witnesses under the (tender) care of the police" would be the one referred to in the BKK post this morning who has told lawyers he saw nothing, read the rest yourself.

The report in the other newspaper also points out that the police were present throughout the interview and presumably had an interpreter so would know the ' witness ' said he saw nothing.

So back to police custody for ' remedial coaching ' ?

• Like 1

I wonder what the British tabloids are going to make of this? No doubt it will alter the plans of many tourists when they think of their holidays for the next year. I just hope the lawyers got DNA samples during their meeting earlier this week!