What if I don't have the wp in time?

I am currently on a non-o single entry volunteer visa, and I was expecting to receive my WP soon so that I could then go apply for the extension, however I have just received awful news that my father has passed away, which means I will need to head back to the UK pretty soon for a few weeks. I am doubting that there will be enough time to get my WP and do the extension before I leave, so, of course I will need to visit a Thai Embassy in the UK while I am there before I can return to Thailand to get a visa, but what are my options?

Can I get another single entry non-o visa if I get a letter from the school explaining that we are still waiting for the WP, or is there another visa/option for me?

I am also intending on getting married to a Thai National within the coming months which would eventually allow me onto a marriage based visa, I don't know if this opens up any other options prior to my arrival as I can't very well just waltz in on a tourist visa as much as I would love to!!

My head is a bit fuzzy right now to be honest, so I'm hoping that there is a simple clear option I just had't noticed....Any advice/tips greatly appreciated.... Thank you

How do I get a re-entry permit?

If I supplied the documents again along with a new supporting letter from the school explaining the circumstances to an embassy in the UK would I be able to get another Non-O easily enough?

Thank you

You can apply a re-entry permit at an immigration office. It will cost 1000 baht for a single re-entry permit.

The re-entry will give you no additional time. I will just keep the remaining days left on your 90 day entry valid when you enter the country.

There should be no problem to get another non-o visa.

It's probably not worth getting the re-entry permit then as there will only be a day or two left on the visa by the time I am back and I highly doubt that much action will have been taken on my wp in my absence, It's probably the safest option to get my documents together and get a new non-o in the uk... Thank you very much for putting my mind more at ease about this, plenty to figure out at the moment so at least that's one less to worry about (as much)

Thank you kindly again