Retirement Extension under consideration stamp.

This is now at Phitsanulik Immigration, a friend went for annual retirement extension yesterday (10 Oct) and they would not make the decision on the day. Informed must come back in a weeks time. Reason given as country under martial law all passports need to be checked.

Also heard from another person they are doing this for moving stamps to new passport, must come back in 7 days for approval.

Well I am retired so not such a big deal apart from Phits is a 500km round trip from my town.

I am going next week for tranfer of stamps to new Brit passport..

post-44176-0-86458700-1412998007_thumb.j

I read a similar report in a German language forum. At least two similar cases in Udon Thani.

It is obviously not a general rule.

Got my extension at Khon Kaen within 20 min (Sep 18).

Edited by KhunBENQ

I was certainly not given the "martial law" excuse for my latest retirement extension at Maptaput 3 months ago. Application processed and passport stamped with new extension in full on the spot with their customary efficiency.

I was certainly not given the "martial law" excuse for my latest retirement extension at Maptaput 3 months ago. Application processed and passport stamped with new extension in full on the spot with their customary efficiency.

Yes, I also got my stamps transferred to a new passport the same day at Jomtien, although if you go in late in the day for the extension or transfer they'd probably tell you to collect them the following day.

That's very good, all things working correctly at Jomtien and Maptaput, funny I also got my extension for retirement in July, all done in about 30 mins at Phitsanulok. They are one of the most efficient Immigration offices within Thailand.

So why the 7 day under consideration stamp? now. I will still go with UJ answer but will call next week to ask.

Oh lets have some more clever dick "I'm all right Jack, everything normal here , move along now" replies..

The report for Udon Thani was that they did not have an officer of inspector rank to sign the paperwork. If I recall correctly the officer was on holiday or sick.

I am certain that is what the problem is in this case.