Got my self in deep problems

Being totally focused on other things I've discovered that I'm not only one month over stayed but my 1 year non o visa went invalid as of 8 of October. Now what can I do? I was planning to just get a prolonged non o visa at immigrations in bkk. But now what? Is that even an option for me now? I worrying about going over any border right now and think I'll wait for Monday to talk with migration office.

No problem to get a single entry non-o visa at most nearby embassies or consulates based upon marriage or for being 50 or over. For being 50 or over you probably would need to show financial proof. Then use it to get your extension.

Your best choice would be to get a flight out to get the visa and pay the overstay at the airport on your way out of the country.

Going to a immigration would get you no help other than possibly paying the fine and getting a 7 day extension (1900 baht).

Anyway I been told that I could have a 1 year extension/renewal of my non o att the migrations office. But now when it not valid anymore I don't know.

You do not extend the visa you extend the permit to stay that you get on entry that it allows.

You have nothing to extend now since your permit to stay ran out last month. You need to go out and get a new visa.

When you apply for and get your one year extension of stay you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit.

You extend the non-o (single or multi-entry) within the final 30 days, but that visa cannot be 'renewed' here as in a new visa, which you can only obtain from an embassy/consulate. But there would be no purpose in any case if you intended to stay on since you simply get an extension as mentioned. Go out (as above) to either get a single entry visa (valid three months) and buy a multi re-entry permit to enable you to leave many times and keep the visa alive, then extend in the final month, or get a multi-entry visa (good for 12 months) which also includes the multi re-entry permit. Disadvantage of multi-entry visa over extension of stay is you have to leave every 90 days.

Edited by daveAustin

I see but a 1 year non o visa can or can not be renewed? If not then ppl have to get out of the country to apply for a new visa?

A visa cannot be renewed anywhere. You can only get a new one at an embassy or consulate.

If you have an extension of stay (it is not a visa) from immigration you can renew it every year by applying for another one.

• Like 1

Ok thanks everyone and excuse my ignorance in these matters.

Anyway you don't think there will be any problems about getting in again after going out to apply for the new visa? Read about ppl having problems with getting back in when have overstay there time here. And the crackdown in general.

If you just want another multiple entry non-o visa you can get one in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

If you want to do a one extension of stay so that you don't need to leave the country every 90 days you can get a single entry non-o at any nearby embassy or consulate and apply for it during the last 30 days of your 90 day entry.

You will have no problem leaving, getting your visa and then entering with an overstay stamp in your passport.

• Like 1

Thanks again Joe. I'm actually with my wife in Nongkhai now but we have marriage certificate and other papers back in bkk. So I guess we heading back to Bkk collecting the necessary paperwork and then back up to Nong khai. If the head is stupid the wallet have to suffer

Not sure what you are doing but you need to fly out of the country asap and get a new visa. Someone can correct if im wrong but you've overstayed and if picked up (unlikely) your issues will become worse.

If you just want another multiple entry non-o visa you can get one in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

If you want to do a one extension of stay so that you don't need to leave the country every 90 days you can get a single entry non-o at any nearby embassy or consulate and apply for it during the last 30 days of your 90 day entry.

You will have no problem leaving, getting your visa and then entering with an overstay stamp in your passport.

If, in the following year you will be travelling in and out of Thailand, you'd still need to multiple entry wouldn't you? Even if you extended it for one year. Extending a single entry just gets you the stay, not "inand out" privileges. Am I correct?

Correct me if I am wrong....

I am on my way to Savannakhet and arrive there on tuesday (7am). parking the car overnight at the bridge, and crossing over on the first bus at (8am). Processing a 90 day O Visa at 9am at the consulate in Savannakhet... (have abundant documents for proof of income, etc), but will not show unless asked. Have Affidavit of Income from the US Embassy, and am Sixty years old, clean and tidy, well spoken. Return to the consulate the same day, about 3pm, to hopefully pickup the visa, and re-enter Thailand.

My 2 options for the 90 day O are....

1. Based on Retirement...single entry 90 day O and then apply for a one year extension.

2. Multiple Entry 90 day O (I really do not mind if I leave the country every 90 days...in fact, I need to do that anyways).

My question is.... Can I still get an extension 30 days before the Multiple entry 90 day O expires? If so....I would prefer this one. The form is the same? The cost is double the single 90 day O? Any complications with that?. If I get the single, I would have to get re-entry permits anyways. I want to live here, but need to see my son in the Philippines every 90 days. The price of several re-entry permits, along with the inconvenience of reporting (in Chiang Mai) every 90 days makes the Multiple entry 90 day O look best for me.

Second question...any problems re-entering on the same day with the new 90 day O???

Edited by slipperylobster

There is no doubt that for married people multi-entry is better.

Can get extension of 60 days without much paperwork, that makes the visa last almost 17 months.

However if not married and over 50, you can get single entry only.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

Can get extension of 60 days without much paperwork, that makes the visa last almost 17 months.

paz, are you saying that if someone is 50 + but not married, that person only qualifies for a single entry, Non-O Visa ... or have I misunderstood?

paz, are you saying that if someone is 50 + but not married, that person only qualifies for a single entry, Non-O Visa ... or have I misunderstood?

That is correct, at least in nearby countries. In your home country it may not be the case.

That is correct, at least in nearby countries. In your home country it may not be the case.

That is very useful information. I was told the same by Udon Joe. This is pretty important for me. I suppose I just will apply for the O visa 90 day single.....as I am going for the retirement option. Absolutely no chance of the multiple entry for me....looks like.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If, in the following year you will be travelling in and out of Thailand, you'd still need to multiple entry wouldn't you? Even if you extended it for one year. Extending a single entry just gets you the stay, not "inand out" privileges. Am I correct?

If you want to travel out of the country during your one year extension then you would apply for a re-entry permit (to keep the one year extension alive). You also have the option of getting a multiple re-entry permit, which will last for the duration of your extension.

Not sure of the costs, but believe it is 1,000 baht for a single re-entry and 3,800 for multi.

• Like 1

I am on my way to Savannakhet and arrive there on tuesday (7am). parking the car overnight at the bridge, and crossing over on the first bus at (8am). Processing a 90 day O Visa at 9am at the consulate in Savannakhet... (have abundant documents for proof of income, etc), but will not show unless asked. Have Affidavit of Income from the US Embassy, and am Sixty years old, clean and tidy, well spoken. Return to the consulate the same day, about 3pm, to hopefully pickup the visa, and re-enter Thailand.

1. Based on Retirement...single entry 90 day O and then apply for a one year extension.

2. Multiple Entry 90 day O (I really do not mind if I leave the country every 90 days...in fact, I need to do that anyways).

My question is.... Can I still get an extension 30 days before the Multiple entry 90 day O expires? If so....I would prefer this one. The form is the same? The cost is double the single 90 day O? Any complications with that?. If I get the single, I would have to get re-entry permits anyways. I want to live here, but need to see my son in the Philippines every 90 days. The price of several re-entry permits, along with the inconvenience of reporting (in Chiang Mai) every 90 days makes the Multiple entry 90 day O look best for me.

Second question...any problems re-entering on the same day with the new 90 day O???

As said you will not a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet unless you are married to a Thai.

Once you get your one year extension of stay you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit that costs 3800 baht that will be valid for the length of the extension.

If you leave before you stay here for 90 days you do not need to do 90 day reports to immigration. The 90 days starts again from the the date you enter the country including that day.

• Like 1

As said you will not a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet unless you are married to a Thai.

Once you get your one year extension of stay you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit that costs 3800 baht that will be valid for the length of the extension.

If you leave before you stay here for 90 days you do not need to do 90 day reports to immigration. The 90 days starts again from the the date you enter the country including that day.

Well, that bugger's up my plans to go to Savannakhet at the end of October to get a 1 year multi Non-O Visa on the basis of supporting a child....rolleyes.gif

Well, that bugger's up my plans to go to Savannakhet at the end of October to get a 1 year multi Non-O Visa on the basis of supporting a child....rolleyes.gif

I failed to ad the bit about getting one if you are legal parent of a child by way of marriage or legitimization.

They are very picky about doing one if you are divorced. You will need everything ot do with your divorce and custody.

If the legitimized father you will also need something to prove your child is living with you unless you are still living as family with child's mother. It helps to have the child and their mother with you when you apply.

I failed to ad the bit about getting one if you are legal parent of a child by way of marriage or legitimization.

They are very picky about doing one if you are divorced. You will need everything ot do with your divorce and custody.

If the legitimized father you will also need something to prove your child is living with you unless you are still living as family with child's mother. It helps to have the child and their mother with you when you apply.

We are not married (yet), & have not been to the Family Court to have myself recognised as the legal father (yet), when I went to Vientiane 2 1/2 months ago all I needed was the Birth Certificate which states I am the father, copy of mothers ID (signed by g/f) & a copy of the blue house book (signed by g/f's mother), I did take proof of income of 40,000+Baht per month from overseas but they never asked to see it, they would only give me a single entry 3 month Non-O Visa, but while I was there somebody told me I could get a 1 year Visa from Savannakhet so that was where I was planning on going for my next Visa

We are not married (yet), & have not been to the Family Court to have myself recognised as the legal father (yet), when I went to Vientiane 2 1/2 months ago all I needed was the Birth Certificate which states I am the father, copy of mothers ID (signed by g/f) & a copy of the blue house book (signed by g/f's mother), I did take proof of income of 40,000+Baht per month from overseas but they never asked to see it, they would only give me a single entry 3 month Non-O Visa, but while I was there somebody told me I could get a 1 year Visa from Savannakhet so that was where I was planning on going for my next Visa

As mentioned above, multi-entry is given only for being married to a Thai, not for having a child.

However Savannakhet can be more convenient anyway.