Meeting other Posters.

NoshowJones

Never have....half way expect to as our picture is posted in the avatar and we're out and about a fair amount....speak briefly to a few people after an initial "howdy/hello" from time to time but don't go out expecting/campaigning to meet other folks...if a pleasant conversation takes place that's a plus......

I imagine someday it will happen.....

After a movie yesterday in CM while waiting for the wife's pit stop exchanged hellos with another farang - asked him if he liked the movie but he wasn't a english speaker (English moive)....

Edited by pgrahmm

Don't any of you start debating with another poster, find them interesting, then PM them, which leads to a meet up? I have done it a few times and vice versa, even got invited to a members house along with a couple of others for Christmas dinner. absolute magic.

I have met lots and most are very old. I thought they were obnoxious teenagers on-line and boy was I surprised when they introduced themselves. However, I can't remember meeting any that I did not like.

Most that I have met havent been old i guess between 35 to 55. Some posters here i have known for a number of years and often meet up in various locations. Some very interesting and decent people here, not the bitter failed moaners that some posters like to harp on about.

• Like 1

Trying to meet up with a few of you lot in Edinburgh fell through a few times. Next Summer? I am not invited for Christmas.

If any of you are ever in geneva, let me know, you can take me out for a couple of wines. I would like to put faces to names.

The only person i have ever met from here is Suega and his lovely wife on Chaweng Beach. Other members were supposed to join us but didn't. But that was way back.

Trying to meet up with a few of you lot in Edinburgh fell through a few times. Next Summer? I am not invited for Christmas.

If any of you are ever in geneva, let me know, you can take me out for a couple of wines. I would like to put faces to names.

The only person i have ever met from here is Suega and his lovely wife on Chaweng Beach. Other members were supposed to join us but didn't. But that was way back.

My apologies

SC

• Like 1

Many of us are nothing like our TV persona smile.png , I think it fun that folk on the keyboard are perhaps scratching their head "wondering". The OP and me have met up and chatted, perhaps we don't agree on stuff here from time to time, BUT, our hearts are in the right place, eh Poss..?

• Like 1

I wanted to meet up with you, but the dark alley way leading to my den probably put u off?

I have met lots and most are very old. I thought they were obnoxious teenagers on-line and boy was I surprised when they introduced themselves. However, I can't remember meeting any that I did not like.

Most that I have met havent been old i guess between 35 to 55. Some posters here i have known for a number of years and often meet up in various locations. Some very interesting and decent people here, not the bitter failed moaners that some posters like to harp on about.

Must be that you met them outside the country, because decent people don't come to Thailand.

Must be that you met them outside the country, because decent people don't come to Thailand.

Yeah right. Get outside of Sukhumvit.

• Like 1

Many of us are nothing like our TV persona smile.png , I think it fun that folk on the keyboard are perhaps scratching their head "wondering". The OP and me have met up and chatted, perhaps we don't agree on stuff here from time to time, BUT, our hearts are in the right place, eh Poss..?

Spot on Trans.

• Like 1

A novel idea for a TV Forum get together would be having a contest to see who could match the most members with their Avator Name. Now mind you it would have to be a free event to attract some members, no names mentioned.

Well, I certainly don't look like a possum. Maybe my avatar name should have been Elvis.

• Like 1

A novel idea for a TV Forum get together would be having a contest to see who could match the most members with their Avator Name. Now mind you it would have to be a free event to attract some members, no names mentioned.

Well, I certainly don't look like a possum. Maybe my avatar name should have been Elvis.

I'd be looking for the fella hanging upsidedown.

And who wants to meet an old fart like me?

Nobody in this world.

I'm all alone, rejected by everyonesad.png

Just waiting for the Good Lord to take me away, may be I'll meet somebody up there to talk to.

Crying, crying, crying, crying............................

• Like 1

If you were born in 1931, I imagine you look like an old man. As would Elvis, were he still alive.

I was not born in 1931, the guy I took my username from was. George Jones, American country music singer, also known as Possum.

• Like 1

And who wants to meet an old fart like me?

Nobody in this world.

I'm all alone, rejected by everyonesad.png

Just waiting for the Good Lord to take me away, may be I'll meet somebody up there to talk to.

Crying, crying, crying, crying............................