'Fewer Thai MPs would mean less corruption'

webfact

When you consider the method of recruitment, the pool of potential recruits and those who review/, finance, and support those deemed acceptable the answer may be, ''never ever consider someone with more honest ethics, intelligence, nor financial backing'' than those making the decisions/choices.in how those considere4d will will finish in the scramble for trough position.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Public endorsement of the constitution can, instead, be demonstrated through the absence of public dissent," he pointed out.

You got to be kidding me! Who's going to offer-up public dissent under the threat of martial law and arrest. Sounds like a China or North Korea form of govt.

A referendum is a red herring anyway.

The process is going to produce something less democratic than even the 2007 constitution and 100% to the liking of the 'NCPO'.

Just as in 2007, if there is an eventual referendum, the 'NCPO' version will pass or not. If not, the 'NCPO' will impose it on Thailand.

It's a sham.

• Like 1

"Public endorsement of the constitution can, instead, be demonstrated through the absence of public dissent," he pointed out.

You got to be kidding me! Who's going to offer-up public dissent under the threat of martial law and arrest. Sounds like a China or North Korea form of govt.

Yes. I liked this too.

Once the constitution had been drafted, he saw no need for a national referendum, because there weren't any clearly conflicting issues.

"Usually, a referendum is required when opinions are split between alternative options; whether society wants A or B. However in the current situation, those alternative options aren't apparent, therefore, a referendum is not necessary."

"Well, we're not going to give you any choice so what's the point of asking whether you like it or not?" Okey dokey. Nice to know where everyone stands.

Edited by Zooheekock
  • Like 1

How about this Civilian Review board watching over MP's if Mp found to be corrupt all assets seized and upon conviction serve 20 years in prison at hard labor no early out, and family plus him or herself banned for life for any office.

Well, you still won't have any MP's go to jail, but you will have some VERY wealthy members of the Civilian Review board!

These types of statements show just how out of touch with reality these guys are. They will all get their 15 minutes of fame, but in the end, the NCPO will simply dictate both the constitution and the reforms.

He's gotten too complex. KISS - reduce the number of MPs by cancelling the party list. Boom, boom.

See how well that would go down with the dems............................coffee1.gif

I really don't care how it goes down with the Democrats or any other political party. That said, the various Shin governments have taken abuse of the party list system to outstanding levels, and I'm their supporters will come out with all the usual anti-democracy claims if it is removed.

Edited by halloween

What they simply mean to say is, fewer Thais = less corruption

Unfortunately being Thailand theres not a lot can be done about it

If you look at the European and US politics at the moment, it isn't much better. It is just much better managed. And as it is more difficult to get money with consulting contracts there is much more money wasted.

Currently there is a big political crises worldwide....

He's gotten too complex. KISS - reduce the number of MPs by cancelling the party list. Boom, boom.

See how well that would go down with the dems............................coffee1.gif

I really don't care how it goes down with the Democrats or any other political party. That said, the various Shin governments have taken abuse of the party list system to outstanding levels, and I'm their supporters will come out with all the usual anti-democracy claims if it is removed.

Vote buying is a major problem. If you have 77 areas, you need to do the vote buying in this area only. A 2-3 digit million amount of Baht will buy you into the feeding trough.

Having many areas was important when information traveled with the horse. Now it isn't anymore.

If you make a party list system only: The top positions don't need to pay for vote buying, they are in anyway. The last one are out anyway. So it is the middle one only who would have to bribe country wide.

That would reduce vote buying. But that wouldn't mean that the people voted would be more honest.

Evidently has not entered Piaget's concrete operational stage. Reasoning sort of reverse of idea "If I cut a pizza into more pieces, I have more pizza!"

"children are able to understand that just because an object changes shape or is divided into pieces, the object still retains certain important characteristics such as mass or volume (or corruption)." Generally around age 5-11.

"The more wealthy provinces should receive lesser budget allocations. This would ensure that the money would go to where it was most needed and ease the inequality issues, which was not the case in the past."

Hahaha, what a populist policy.

Wealthier provinces NEED MORE budget allocation. There are more budgets to spend on, such as maintenance and such. There is also the higher population density.

Sure, let's allocate 2 billion to Bangkok for maintaining the highways, trains, roads, air pollution, new infrastructure.

Let's allocate 30 billion to some island where monkeys are. Build airports there, and every intersection gets 50 CCTVS, who knows we might be lucky and see a car passing.

• Like 1

Does this aging pontificating grandee really think corruption at local level is less rampant than among elected politicians? One wonders where he's been all his privileged life? Clearly a member of the of the old school, campaigning for a return to the days when a largely non-elected elite ran the show without interference from the lower orders.

Back to your prehistoric jungle, Mr Dinosaur.