Personal messenger problems

geronimo

I'm stumped sad.png

Which Internet provider do you use ?

Which DNS do you use ?

Do you know how to change your DNS to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-tcp-ip-settings#1TC=windows-7

There is a program that will do this for you: DNS Jumper - http://www.sordum.org/7952/dns-jumper-v1-0-6/

Edited by MJCM

I think you have 2 options left.

A- wait till uber boss George (or someone else) drops by and sheds his light on this

B- send an email to support [at> thaivisa dot com and mention your username and problem and see if they can check your settings

If I have issues with a particular site I set Hola! (a add-in proxy browser extension) to load the page through another country, usually Singapore.

I would also suggest trying to access the messaging area using another browser (FireFox, Opera, IE, etc.) and see if it's restricted to Chrome.

ThaiVisa utilizes a lot of complex scripts to enable Web 2.0 features, and a slow or problematic connection can wreck havoc on them working right all the time. This is one of the reasons why we usually recommend you use Google's open DNS Servers (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) or a set of locally known reliable DNS Servers to resolve a domain name address to IP address, as a failed or delayed lookup can cause issues with the ThaiVisa scripts.

You also didn't mention what type of device or OS you're using to access ThaiVisa.

Or the ISP and connection type (dsl, cable, fttx, Point-to-point Radios, 3G, etc).

The first thing I would do in a case like yours is clear all Thaivisa cookies. In Chrome you do this as follows:

1. Click on the settings icon at the top right of the screen
  2. Click on Settings
  3. At the bottom of the screen, click on + Show advanced settings
  4. Under Privacy, click on Content settings...
  5. Click on All cookies and site data...
  6. At the top right of dialog window, to the right of Remove all, type thaivisa
    You should now see a dialog window like this, but the number of cookies may be different:
    post-21260-0-78822900-1413667335_thumb.p
  7. Click on thaivisa.com, and a list of cookies pops up. I can't tell which particular cookie, if any, has to do with PMs, therefore just click on the x on the right of the list to delete them all
  8. Click on www.thaivisa.com and again click on the x on the right of the list to delete them all
  9. At the bottom right of the window, click on Done
  10. On the next screen, click again on Done

Log out of Thiavisa, close Chrome, start it again, and see if your Personal Messenger now loads.

• 2 weeks later...

'A Friend' of mine runs Firefox as a browser and an adblocker and that member reports that all site notifications and Personal messenger 'Hangs', but if patient, eventually loads.

My Friend's information is usually fairly reliable.

'A Friend' of mine runs Firefox as a browser and an adblocker and that member reports that all site notifications and Personal messenger 'Hangs', but if patient, eventually loads.

My Friend's information is usually fairly reliable.

I've left it hanging for one hour. That's too long for me David, thx anyway.