New waterfall discovered

Lite Beer

New waterfall discovered

10686666-1547925582093534-62428571666922

Phitsanulok provincial authorities said a new and beautiful waterfall has been discovered and will be declared a new tourist attraction of the province.

The new water is named Phai See Thong (golden bamboo) Waterfall, and will be officially listed as a tourist attraction on October 21, according to local authorities.

Local villagers from the Baan Tor Rua community in the province’s Wang Nok Aen Subdistrict are now making preparations to improve walkways leading to the waterfall before it is open for tourists.

The nine-level waterfall is situated amidst a mixed deciduous forest, with the main highlight being a 15-meter cascade located at the fall’s level 5.

To reach the waterfall, tourists are advised to take the Phitsanulok-Lom Sak route (Highway No 12) and make a right turn on the Baan Kaeng Jung Nang-Baan Rak Thai junction in Noen Maprang District and drive for at least 15 kilometres to reach the destination.

On October 21, the waterfall will be announced as a natural and agro-tourism attraction, as the area around the waterfall is teeming with orchards and vegetable gardens, authorities said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-waterfall-discovered/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-14

Discovered? Surely local villagers have always known about this waterfall.

Certainly sounds like it judging by that article:

"On October 21, the waterfall will be announced as a natural and agro-tourism attraction, as the area around the waterfall is teeming with orchards and vegetable gardens, authorities said."

Unless "wild" vegetable gardens are a common thing in Thailand ?

20 Baht for the Thai visitors

200 Baht for me, if I ever visit it.w00t.gif

Sorry, edited as I overestimated the price.

Now you're underestimating it. It was announced a few days ago prices for tourists visiting national parks are to rise from 200 to 300 Baht (with some rising from 400 to 500 Baht). (Thais will continue to pay 20 Baht.)

20 Baht for the Thai visitors

200 Baht for me, if I ever visit it.w00t.gif

Sorry, edited as I overestimated the price.

Sorry, it is NEWLY DISCOVERED. I'm afraid that will be 400 Baht.

That's before VAT.

And before another 100 baht for the COMPULSORY 'Tourist Safety Fund'.

Parking for Thais - Free.

Parking for foreigners - 100 baht. PER HOUR!

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

• Like 2

Error in the headline ?

should read < OLD WATERFALL DISCOVERED >

and, if there are so many orchards around, surely the locals will have been harvesting the fruits for years........

Edited by attento

The talk about entrance fees is based on what?

Not sure what your question is, but farangs pay 10x what a Thai does to visit national parks, which is why I refuse to go to any. I'd be taking my boy to places like this all the time if it wasn't for such a massive difference.

Acquire, then flash a thai drivers license and you will never pay ferang prices again at these places. I have never paid ferang prices at National Parks since I started showing my thai license.

• Like 1

The talk about entrance fees is based on what?

Not sure what your question is, but farangs pay 10x what a Thai does to visit national parks, which is why I refuse to go to any. I'd be taking my boy to places like this all the time if it wasn't for such a massive difference.

Acquire, then flash a thai drivers license and you will never pay ferang prices again at these places. I have never paid ferang prices at National Parks since I started showing my thai license.

I don't know if you have visited all NPs in Thailand, but of the ones I have visited there has been about 50/50 acceptance of my Thai driving license. A Thai ID is the only way to be 100% sure to pass as "Thai".

• Like 1