Equality

keithkarmann

So how many posters and ex-pats in Thailand wouldn't jump at the opportunity to sit around all day at a beach, at a pub, on the porch taking the piss all day IF only they had someone to mooch off of? How many ex-pats are here right now living off the tit of their social welfare programs back home?

I have met many farang in the CM/CR region that don't do diddly all day while their Thai wife works to support them.

To answer the OP's query. I suppose its as common here amongst Thais as it is amongst farang to exploit.

Cheers

what country in the west gives social WELFARE benefits to folks living out of country?

UK.....I have met people here on sickness or disability benefits a plenty.

Quite a few on job-seekers.

It may be they don't admit to living out of the country.

• Like 2

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how many posters and ex-pats in Thailand wouldn't jump at the opportunity to sit around all day at a beach, at a pub, on the porch taking the piss all day IF only they had someone to mooch off of? How many ex-pats are here right now living off the tit of their social welfare programs back home?

I have met many farang in the CM/CR region that don't do diddly all day while their Thai wife works to support them.

To answer the OP's query. I suppose its as common here amongst Thais as it is amongst farang to exploit.

Cheers

what country in the west gives social WELFARE benefits to folks living out of country?
Social Security in the USA is a social welfare benefit.

Cheers

The western countries DO NOT provide WELFARE to people living outside the country. There are basically two kinds of government support. 1. Retirement beneits - earned after working 25-35 years and paying into the retirement fund. 2. Disability

A foreigner can not live legally in Thailand being supported by his wife. He must have a job or he must have an income of 60,000 Baht per month or 800,000 Baht in his bank account.

There are slackers in the West but they are looked down upon as social unfits. Work is a source of pride in Western cultures and many people have killed themslves simply because they lost their job.

They have other people impersonating them in the UK.

I have two boys and i'm going to make sure they don't follow the traditional lazy attitude that I see here so often. Not all I must stress, I do know some very hard working and honest Thai blokes who I have nothing but respect for.. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Thailand has created a generation of professional hammock operators!

Starting at very young age males are not disciplined or brought by other values of life. They can't handle being told what to do or failing at school and drop out even before finishing grammar school being very poorly literate or not at all, lowering the chances at the labor market where they now demand vocation certificates for housekeepers.

But they do come out of the hammocks after dark to indulge drug consumption and dealing and when saturated with intoxicating substances they are ready to fight with kids in the neighboring village many times till death.

This may be the interpretation of sufficient economy...

• Like 1

Why would people think this is normal, the girls i dated (no not hi so chinese thais) did not do that. They were of course university educated (not that hat means a lot here) and lived in BKK a lot. My wife does not financially aid her family that much. I believe 2.000 a month or so for her mom and that is it. I don't really know as she has her own income and I am never asked to pay for stuff.

She has two brothers who are good for nothing, I tried helping one of them. It just wont work so too bad for them they had their chance.

• Like 1

Cheers

may be? lol

Starting at very young age males are not disciplined or brought by other values of life. They can't handle being told what to do or failing at school and drop out even before finishing grammar school being very poorly literate or not at all, lowering the chances at the labor market where they now demand vocation certificates for housekeepers.

But they do come out of the hammocks after dark to indulge drug consumption and dealing and when saturated with intoxicating substances they are ready to fight with kids in the neighboring village many times till death.

complete generalization.

Cheers

no it isnt. the employee and employer paid premiums to an insurance scheme.

complete generalization.

Of a foreigner who wants to feel better as the Thais, and needs a reason why his gf choose him over a Thai guy. In his mind its better to put the Thai males down instead of thinking money is his only attraction.

*see everyone can generalize*

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

Cheers

no it isnt. the employee and employer paid premiums to an insurance scheme.
Either you're seriously misinformed or lying just to win an argument. It is paid into and out of the general fund. Not set aside. Geez, how many times do I have to explain this to people?

Either you're seriously misinformed or lying just to win an argument. It is paid into and out of the general fund. Not set aside. Geez, how many times do I have to explain this to people?

nobody said it was set aside. but that doesnt alter the fact that premiums are paid and benefits collected. it aint welfare, its insurance.

When I came to Thailand I quickly noticed plenty of women working much harder than the men.

In my wife's family she has no brothers and an absolute trojan of a hard working dad (over 70 and you'll never stop this guy).

Although one of her sisters "boyfriend" is certainly the stereotype you refer to. Lazy ass can't even make his own coffee in the morning - she leaves at 5am to do the rubber and makes a trip back to the house around 9am to make his breakfast then back to work :(

I also noticed a huge difference in university graduation based on gender, although that trend is global.

When I went to uni the female/male balance at the beginning was around 80/20 and by graduation closer to 90/10.

Regarding the off topic comments about social security, in Australia the "welfare" agency Centrelink is immediately notified if a welfare recipient leaves the country and the payment is cut-off immediately.

complete generalization.

Of a foreigner who wants to feel better as the Thais, and needs a reason why his gf choose him over a Thai guy. In his mind its better to put the Thai males down instead of thinking money is his only attraction.

Generalizations are in place when they fit a general picture it maybe a personal observation, but for some strange co-incidence we do share similar brothers in law and I know many others that are blessed with brothers in law that are, as you say, good for nothing. So who feels better than the Thais, you or me? I'm contributing to this county, not just by paying tax, but also by helping others who do work and show initiatives, by transferring knowledge, developing skills, paying for education, etc. Why my wife choose me is irrelevant to this discussion.

Keith ... can I call you Keith?

Are you inquiring for ALL of Thailand, your specific area in Thailand (isaan etc), your City/Village ... or simply your immediate Family ... or someone's Family who you know?

Details please ... we need details ... rolleyes.gif

Clearly he's talking about those around him. It's standard farang MO to see one or two Thais doing something, which therefore, means every other 60 million Thais will do the same. Pretty boneheaded, but yes, standard MO.

Not sure why the OP feels a need to bash all Thai men. I have seen lazy Thai men, and extremely hard-working ones. I have also seen lazy Thai women, and extremely hard-working ones. Same same farangs of both genders. But I suppose this narrow-minded and bigoted attitude is not surprising coming from this OP.

• Like 1

You've hit on one of the hidden dirty secrets of the average Thai family. They, for no justifiable reason, believe the male child will become famous/rich, etc., and appear to be "protecting" them from any possible interference with that thought process like working/doing household chores/helping with financial support or even be responsible for children they father and then abandon along with mother.

The young girls fully support this and do all the things "brother" should be doing with little/no complaint. I have a family situation similar and find all her friends and family, somehow, believe similarly to the parents. This is multi generation thinking and I see no way it will change until the girls/women just

say "NO" and, regrettably, have found no way to get them to do just that !

The country would be in far better shape if the women ran it as not only do they know what to do, but how to do it Thai men, in general are a disgrace.

• Like 2

I explain this phenomenon in thailand like this. Think of Thai men like you would the U.S. Government. Then think of the Thai working women as all the entrepreneurial small business owners that are the real backbone of the U.S.A.

There you have it in a nutshell.

Cheers

Birds of a feather flock together.

Nice to hear your experience

Yeh, I left myself open for that but I was pretty certain jaydee wasn't clever enough to exploit it.

I am not much of a drinker...maybe a pint every month or two.

And i live off my own blood & sweat FWIW...but then on this board I am sure everybody would swear the same. Yourself included.

But if you are of the same mindset as our comanion jaydee that no farang expat would ever dream of a taking advantage of a free ride IF only they could, then you aren't as clever as I give you credit for.

Cheers

Cheers

the big difference with social security is you pay into it all your working life. it is by far not a handout. if you are lucky you may live long enough to actualy get all your bucks back you paid into the system, well,... good for you. i see that this thread has its share of whiny cry babies. boo hoo boo hoo, but its ok, i am happy here :-)

• Like 1

complete generalization.

Generalizations are in place when they fit a general picture it maybe a personal observation, but for some strange co-incidence we do share similar brothers in law and I know many others that are blessed with brothers in law that are, as you say, good for nothing. So who feels better than the Thais, you or me? I'm contributing to this county, not just by paying tax, but also by helping others who do work and show initiatives, by transferring knowledge, developing skills, paying for education, etc. Why my wife choose me is irrelevant to this discussion.

I don't feel I am better as Thais, on some examples of bad brother in laws you think all Thai males are bad.. that is one bridge to far.

I know also quite a few hard working Thai males and quite a few that are real smart so what is the point.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, round where I live in Issan, yes.

Why do you think, so many girls from around here, land in Pattaya or BKK to become prostitutes?

I know it's a disgrace, but I'm told many times not to bash the Thais but adjust to their way of living.

I will never......but that's another story.

and typically you confuse the exception for the rule. but that is normal for dedicated thai bashers.

I don't think Costas is Thai bashing if that is what you are implying. As Costas says, it's a disgrace, he is obviously referring to girls that have to prostitute themselves because of lazy fathers and brothers, a lot of these bargirls are decent people who go on to have happy marriages with Farangs. I know, a lot of my friends married bargirls.

I'm not a Thai basher, but I will never accept anyone, who sits around every day drinking, and scrounging every day of others. That's just a part of Thai culture and the way it is.

• Like 1

Cheers

I think Ayjaydee means legally.

Why do you think, so many girls from around here, land in Pattaya or BKK to become prostitutes?

I know it's a disgrace, but I'm told many times not to bash the Thais but adjust to their way of living.

and typically you confuse the exception for the rule. but that is normal for dedicated thai bashers.

I don't think Costas is Thai bashing if that is what you are implying. As Costas says, it's a disgrace, he is obviously referring to girls that have to prostitute themselves because of lazy fathers and brothers, a lot of these bargirls are decent people who go on to have happy marriages with Farangs. I know, a lot of my friends married bargirls.

I'm not a Thai basher, but I will never accept anyone, who sits around every day drinking, and scrounging every day of others. That's just a part of Thai culture and the way it is.

its no more a part of thai culture than it is a part of western culture. its specific to certain lazy men.

its no more a part of thai culture than it is a part of western culture. its specific to certain lazy men.

I guess your right, think of all those immigrants coming into the UK, getting benefits paid for by the taxpayer, and lazing around all day. That would never be allowed to happen in Thailand.