Anyone Travel With Air Asia?

K_bud

I wish to know about Air Asia, anyone travel with this airline please comment on their services and puntuality etc
Searching the forum, I found this. Hope it will be some help to you.

--------------

Maestro

Last couple of times we did the Chiangers run with the "little bird" Nok Air and No Probs.

Very good price (Bt 2.1K r/t)brand new clean aircraft,staff very helpfull,bought Tics easily at 7-11 and Airport with UK C.C.and they have up till now taken off and arrived on time. :o

Hi

I wish to know about Air Asia, anyone travel with this airline please comment on their services and puntuality etc

Thanks in advance

K_bud

You pay for what you get.

Find their air crew very good considering staffing levels.

Ground crew can be a bit feisty , I think this directly stems from not allocating seats and the resultant mad stampede at the gate.

Last 6 flights have been on time , as near as makes no difference. Thoughh they have been late before.

Last couple of times we did the Chiangers run with the "little bird" Nok Air and No Probs.

Very good price (Bt 2.1K r/t)brand new clean aircraft,staff very helpfull,bought Tics easily at 7-11 and Airport with UK C.C.and they have up till now taken off and arrived on time. :D

Sorry.... to follow up...Re A.Asia ..used them once and was late both times....aircraft dirty and not 2 happy with them however believe that they may have got their act together now.

BBC did an interview at the weekend with the boss Tony F.who came over as very confident guy and has plans for a major expansion programme involving the purchase of (from memory)140 New Aircraft.....sounds Good :o

I've taken about seventy-five flights with AirAsia since early 2004. For as much as people complain about their tardiness, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have actually been late flying with AirAsia. I find their punctuality to be no worse than competitors THAI and Malaysia Airlines.

My one caveat regarding AirAsia is that you do need to be careful about your checked baggage weight. Too much over your 15 kg limit and you might find that your once low-cost ticket rivals that of the full-fare carriers! :o

I've taken about seventy-five flights with AirAsia since early 2004. For as much as people complain about their tardiness, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have actually been late flying with AirAsia. I find their punctuality to be no worse than competitors THAI and Malaysia Airlines.

My one caveat regarding AirAsia is that you do need to be careful about your checked baggage weight. Too much over your 15 kg limit and you might find that your once low-cost ticket rivals that of the full-fare carriers! :o

I think they ordered 100 and optioned another 40 brand new Air Bus.

Really are thinking big.

Sorry this should have been a reply to Rinrada.

I think they ordered 100 and optioned another 40 brand new Air Bus.

Really are thinking big.

Sorry this should have been a reply to Rinrada.

No ham, no foul. :o

But yes, AirAsia has ordered Airbus A320's. Their original fleet is comprised of the low-cost carrier workhorse Boeing 737.

For the money, it beats the hel_l out of taking ground transportation from BKK to either Udon Thani or Chiang Mai. I flew to CM for 900Bt last April. I really haven't noticed whether they are on time as I am not in a hurry but they were certainly within 30 minutes of scheduled time. Nok Air is another cheap alternative.

Last used to Phuket, 5 hours delay, check in girl spouted some nonsense about King using airport, as excuse, taxi driver in Phuket said it happens all the time.

But cheap price, good once you are on plane, staff on plane good but no beer!!

Hi ALL

I thank you all very much for all the replies. It is a great help for a person who knows only Thai International, Singapore and Malaysian Airlines.

Now I know what to do.

Once again thank you muchly for all the kind friendly helpful comments

Really appreciated

Regards

K_bud

You asked the question.

Here is why I am boycotting the Thai based low cost airlines.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=68905&hl=

OP'er take a moment or two and go back in the travel forum and read what many have said in the past.

What can you expect from anyone who feels that all money is better in the pocket than putting some of it in service and maintanance.

gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face