Thailand to focus on trade barriers at Asem in Italy

webfact

ASIA-EUROPE MEETING
Thailand to focus on trade barriers at Asem in Italy

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha left for Milan, Italy to attend Asia-Europe Meeting (Asem) and intended to discuss solutions to trade barriers during the meeting.

Before departing, Gen Prayut said that he would raise issues about export and trade barriers as all the countries were increasingly competing with one another. He said that they are facing the problem of trade barriers and Thailand would have to improve its products to raise their demands in global markets.

"I will have chances to discuss farm product issues. I will have bilateral talks with four to five countries depending on available time. We are ready to talk with all countries especially in informal discussions," Gen Prayut said.

The prime minister also said that violence in the far South would not obstruct trade and investment in Thailand as the problem was contained in the southern border provinces.

He added that he would find opportunities to talk with automotive tire manufacturers to promote Thai rubber in a bid to shore up local rubber prices.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Thailand-to-focus-on-trade-barriers-at-Asem-in-Ita-30245520.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-15

We are ready to talk with all countries especially in informal discussions...

"...in informal discussions..."....also known as after work bar talk. That's OK, some of the best preliminary agreements can be reached in those settings.

at the moment if you want something decent and made to last you have to buy goods produced outside Thailand and they cost a fortune because it is the only way they can ensure people will by the inferior thai made goods with the big import taxes. Maybe if Thailand actually started to produce higher quality goods there wouldnt be so many problems with the trade barriers, then again with the after sales service in Thailand being virtually non existent there will be always problems till they realize they need to advance their thinking. When buying now I always check to see if it is thai made then avoid it as they usually fall apart or break very quickly then they refuse to honour their warranties....... I think the pm's work is well and truly cut out for him on this one

Thailnd wants to levey heavy import duties on foreign made products and yet ... they don't want any other country to put import duties on Thai products. How long can Thailand get away with this? It's the get something for nothing mentality here.

• Like 2

Thailnd wants to levey heavy import duties on foreign made products and yet ... they don't want any other country to put import duties on Thai products. How long can Thailand get away with this? It's the get something for nothing mentality here.

our dear Leader is also in Italy to gain experience of trade barriers which can be adapted for use next year when the AEC kicks in. Lots to protect then...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/15/us-thailand-politics-idUSKCN0I40YJ20141015

"One group said it planned to stage an "Anti-Prayuth Eventlb_icon1.png" in Milan to denounce the junta.

"Besides insulting the long struggle of Thai people for representative, democratic governance, Prayuth's criminal regime represents a threat to the development of civil society throughout Southeast Asia," the group said in a facebook post."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayut-may-face-protest-at-Asem-forum-30245425.html?utm_content=buffer1465f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

""People have the right to express their views but they should not go against law and order in the host country," he said."

dont worry Prayuth there is no martial law in italy

Edited by kaobang

Good wine in Italy 3 eur a bottle, poor wine in Thailand 30 eur. Not to mention an Italian or euro bike price.

Europe imports all type of cheap crap from anywhere so i"m not sure which issue do Thailand have.

• Like 1

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/15/us-thailand-politics-idUSKCN0I40YJ20141015

"One group said it planned to stage an "Anti-Prayuth Eventlb_icon1.png" in Milan to denounce the junta.

"Besides insulting the long struggle of Thai people for representative, democratic governance, Prayuth's criminal regime represents a threat to the development of civil society throughout Southeast Asia," the group said in a facebook post."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayut-may-face-protest-at-Asem-forum-30245425.html?utm_content=buffer1465f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

""People have the right to express their views but they should not go against law and order in the host country," he said."

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Is it just me or is the chosen photo in the Reuters article a hint at a certain well known German dictator?

Good wine in Italy 3 eur a bottle, poor wine in Thailand 30 eur. Not to mention an Italian or euro bike price.

Europe imports all type of cheap crap from anywhere so i"m not sure which issue do Thailand have.

They want you & the rest of the world to eat more thai rice because he read somewhere that the rice farmer vote in thailand won Thaksin the democratic elections.

You should all drive your cars faster & wear more condoms to boost the world rubber price, switching from catholicism to buddhism to increase condom use, hiv prevalency & appreciation of thai society is on the agenda I think.

It's just a shame that rubber bullets weren't the army's preferred method of crowd murder control in BKK.

Edited by ScubaPhuket

Correct. I think and advised the EG in many occasions that countries who ask over the limit import taxes must get a same response from the EG.

Also on other points I think that Thailand need to adapt his performance to world, EG/USA, standards.

Thailand ad many other so called 3th world countries like the status from underdog. Thailand plays that card since the 60 and still don't improve.

Is it just me or is the chosen photo in the Reuters article a hint at a certain well known German dictator?

It's just you. the photo is of Prayut waving to a crowd or maybe his housekeeper. Not even close to the little Austrian with the funny moustache.