Koh Tao murders: Petition seeking new probe to be handed to PM David Cameron

webfact

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it interesting how much international attention this case is getting versus the hundreds of other unsolved murders of farangs in Thailand which barely get a single headline in their home countries. I suspect it has a lot to do with one of the victims been a beautiful young woman.

I think part of it is the fact that it was a double murder which is fairly uncommon. Also, many of us have been looking for a case we can focus on. Trying to shine a spotlight on all the dodgy cases would dilute our energies and lead to nothing. On the other hand, just maybe, this case could become the catalyst for some meaningful changes.

• Like 1

I agree that a second independent verification of the DNA would give reassurance that the right people were in custody .

Personally I believe the culprets have been found , despite the apparent ineptness of the Thai police .

If they have indicted the wrong people , Koh Tao may see a similar murder and have to answer for that too , as well as a failure this time .

Thailand is not a country where anything goes , even on off islands ; tourist need to respect Thai customs and code of behaviour .

They may see a similar murder? What? Respect local culture- you mean pay off and get away with things if you're influential? You're off the rails and not talking nor posting sensibly whatsoever!

• Like 2

At least something is moving in the right direction - we'll see what the "suits" (british peacock politicians) will do then. In the meantime, the RTP will push for a quick trial and execution to get rid of the patsies... The atrocity continues while being "monitored"...

• Like 1

I agree that a second independent verification of the DNA would give reassurance that the right people were in custody .

Personally I believe the culprets have been found , despite the apparent ineptness of the Thai police .

If they have indicted the wrong people , Koh Tao may see a similar murder and have to answer for that too , as well as a failure this time .

Thailand is not a country where anything goes , even on off islands ; tourist need to respect Thai customs and code of behaviour .

Personally I believe the culprets have been found . - this is precisely the kind of prejudicial nonsense that has turned this crime into an international fiasco.....it really doesn't matter if they are the culprits or not the police through their lack of proper procedure have lost any respect for the evidence thus any conviction would now be unsafe. Talking about whether they did it or not is totally missing the point.....which is due procedure and a fair trial.

• Like 1

Personally I believe the culprets have been found . - this is precisely the kind of prejudicial nonsense that has turned this crime into an international fiasco.....it really doesn't matter if they are the culprits or not the police through their lack of proper procedure have lost any respect for the evidence thus any conviction would now be unsafe. Talking about whether they did it or not is totally missing the point.....which is due procedure and a fair trial.

no offense but, there is no way these two did it,

one of them looks like he is too young to ride a bicycle,

there were more than 2 people in this crime, and they had viciousness in their character,

the small kid, couldn't hurt a fly and is too small to have helped drown David Miller,

this was a mob and there are far too many reports that "everyone on the island knows who did it"

none of those people say it was the Burmese,

wonder why

Pure speculation and factually incorrect.

• Like 2

The junta needs to do the right thing to restore face to Thailand and "bring happiness to the people". Clean up the police force and get compitent training for them. Thai police usually don't investigate murders and when they do it is not to modern standards. Investigation is primarily limited to CCT video.

How long will that take in your opinion? It's not so simple as telling your top cop to arrest all the bad guys or bad cops. Kho Tao is a fairly typical of the way things work all across the country. Now what is different about Kho Tao is the way that the media is not letting it go and perhaps the media needs to put more pressure on problems all across the country. It's probably a good time to be an up and coming journalist in Thailand, thing is... it might also get you killed.

• Like 2

Over 80,000 signatures last time I looked.

And not 1 that matters. David Cameron has no authority to conduct any investigation in Thailan

Doesn't need to. They have the victims DNA. The accused parents are in Burma. Check their DNA.

Over 80,000 signatures last time I looked.

And not 1 that matters. David Cameron has no authority to conduct any investigation in Thailan

Doesn't need to. They have the victims DNA. The accused parents are in Burma. Check their DNA.

There are also a lot of witnesses in the UK who, although they didn't see the rape and murders, can give police an account of the events the evening before and maybe shed light on Sean's allegation of an argument in the AC Bar, not to mention what happened to David's phone. Any significant findings should be passed to Thai police.

Edited by Dogmatix

From what I read if any petition with more than 100,000 signatures is presented to the UK PM it must by law go before the house for discussion.

If this is true and they had over 80,000 yesterday then there is a good chance they will get to the 100k and it will come up in the Commons to more international publicity.

What I was wondering is how the Thai police could keep a witness in custody for 2 weeks without charging him with anything, as they have done with the roti seller ?

Exactly. If not ugly enough they should not wear bikinis. Penalty - gang bang and death by bludgeoning with a sharp instrument.

I remember similar arguments that Carly Ressig was responsible for her own shooting and her friend, Leo del Pinto's death at the hand of a drunk police sgt due to her sluttish behaviour for sleeping with a Thai man (OK for farang males to sleep with Thai whores and even marry them). Later it turned out that the policeman had murdered his 18 year old girlfriend in another drunken rage.

A few posts containing a video in a foreign language have been removed from view. Along with links to a website we don't allow. If you have any questions about this, please send up an email or PM. DO NOT make public comments.

wai2.gif

Some people may wonder if vid re respected, influential person talking of connections or another Thai language one on similar theme. I wonder nothing. Unthinkable.

I don`t wonder if TV pm can be accessed by cyber scouts but.........

Perhaps someone could pm me anyway.

wai2.gif

From what I read if any petition with more than 100,000 signatures is presented to the UK PM it must by law go before the house for discussion.

If this is true and they had over 80,000 yesterday then there is a good chance they will get to the 100k and it will come up in the Commons to more international publicity.

What I was wondering is how the Thai police could keep a witness in custody for 2 weeks without charging him with anything, as they have done with the roti seller ?

I think that would have to be UK citizen signatures... NOT TV members and Thais.

I, also, do question how the court can keep on extending the detention of uncharged people.

Charge them and let them have their day in court, the sooner the better for them as there there is less chance of anything happening to them!

Edited by bongoz

Sondhi Limtrakul, owner of the Manager media group, has publicly come out with a conspiracy theory on his ASTV channel in which he suggests that the investigation was unsound from the start and he implies that a mafia family in KT has links with the NCPO. I don't know if this is far fetched or not but what is interesting is the balls of Sondhi in publicising his theory. He narrowly survived one assassination attempt and the police investigation got nowhere, despite several police claims they were about to grab the mastermind. Perhaps he has become over sensitive about police investigations into murders and attempted murders.

• Like 2

There was a good report on The BBC world on the two accused families and they stated their sons had been tortured by having been stood on and stamped on by the Police. Whether true or not (personally I wouldn't doubt it) the allegations should be looked at. As an alien in Thailand I cannot voice my opinion on political matters. I will never be a Thai Citizen or allowed to vote. But on a Forum I can. What I would like to see on this forum and in Thailand, is the people of Thailand to stop supporting the RTP just because of nationalism. If it is morally wrong, say so. As someone who was born and raised in the UK, I often do and can criticize many things in the UK, especially if it seems wrong. But this is called Thai Visa not UK Visa.There is a big difference people on being nationalistic and patriotic and agreeing with the farcical actions, that have taken place so far, from the RTP and the government. There are so many questions in all this that even someone with minimal intelligence can see, need answering. There are so many threads on this, so I won't repeat them. I would like to see the people of Thailand to 'stand up and be counted' on this. I know there are people here who are. I just find it frustrating, seeing some posters who seem to support everything and anything, that questions Thailand's accountability. If people here genuinely can't see any issues with these murders and the handling of the suspects, then I feel sorry for you.

The RTP have a very tarnished image in many respects, and I being polite. I see them on a daily and weekly basis shaking down motorists, usually the old vans and cars, taking money from them. If that is crime fighting then it is needs to change. I have been stopped many times by the fine RTP with excuses of ludicrous accusations from not signalling (having stayed in the same lane for 2 miles) and not having the correct air pressure in the car tyres. These things are not isolated cases but happen daily.

I have a suggestion on how to improve the RTP. Get rid of all of the ones who sit in the boxes on the traffic lights and let the computer do its work. Make them all reapply for their jobs. Get rid of 50% of them as they won't be needed, give the successful 50% a 50% pay rise.smile.png

1) The phrase 'Digital Lord Haw Haw' has entered the lexicon of TV slang & been posted on the appropriate thread.

2) Given the number of demonstrations outside foreign embassies in Bkk, inc many that are nothing whatsoever to do with them, i'd prefer to see the marchers making their way to Queens Gate, along with a posse of media.

The petition may prove to be a waste of time as it's calling for something that in the main is already underway as a result of precedent set 32 years ago.

Edited by evadgib

I think that would have to be UK citizen signatures... NO TV members and Thais.

I, also, do question how the court can keep on extending the detention of uncharged people.

Charge them and let them have their day in court, the sooner the better for them as there there is less chance of anything happening to them!

The petition is started by some one who lives in the US Virgin Islands or somewhere like that. I would imagine that many signatories are not UK citizens or residents. I don't know if they are as strict as Thailand which takes months or years verifying the signatures on petitions. Maybe the organisers will think that delivering a petition with 80k signatures to the PM will be enough. Not sure what more he can do than the FCO is already doing but the petition is getting publicity which may be the main intention.

Your last sentence implies that rape and murder are appropriate punishment for anyone not respecting Thai culture.

• Like 1

Chrisy1 post # 11

Get 'em tried, incarcerated and hopefully it will all fade into insignificance soon......and the world will forget!

We can but presume that you mean the police farce force investigators in your comment

Sondhi Limtrakul, owner of the Manager media group, has publicly come out with a conspiracy theory on his ASTV channel in which he suggests that the investigation was unsound from the start and he implies that a mafia family in KT has links with the NCPO. I don't know if this is far fetched or not but what is interesting is the balls of Sondhi in publicising his theory. He narrowly survived one assassination attempt and the police investigation got nowhere, despite several police claims they were about to grab the mastermind. Perhaps he has become over sensitive about police investigations into murders and attempted murders.

...and you did that without mentioning drummond Jehovah :)

Or...as another option:

People COULD just admit that terrible things happen, move the <deleted> ON.

Do you know how many people were killed in Chicago or some place last month? It happens.

Again. Nobody is reacting to the horrific double murder. Murders happen in every country. People are reacting to the incredible coverup, stupid comments and threats made by head govt, and farcical police investigation. So, no, nothing like Chicago or any other place.

• Like 1