PM Prayut loses his cool

webfact

The ageneral is a good and respectful man.

The reporter failed to show respect for the man and the position of PM.

Yes, and he is under enormous pressure.

I marvel at how many issues he actually addresses in such a short time.

Even before this report I was wondering how he copes. Personally, I think he needs to get some good aides and relinquish much of his PR stuff to them. He is after all not an experienced politician. Politicians talk, he's a man of action.He should keep doing the great job he is doing. Step back from the limelight.

The country will be worse off if his health suffers.

• Like 2

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a fallacy. The reporter DOES NOT have to show respect!

This is why this country will never prosper or come out of the dark ages. The current bully does not respect anyone and DEMANDS people respect him. What a world these oppressed Thais live in? So sad....

You seem to be getting away with your lack of respect----up to now. That oppressed that you can type this post

Prayut then smiled, wai-ed the reporter and apologises to the media before leaving.

A very good recovery.

A lot better than the previous PM who either broke down and cried or ran away down the hall at the slightest pressure by the press.

Next.

coffee1.gif

Or Russia. Try that with Putin & see how it works out. Salt mines anyone?

• Like 1

He seems to forget he is not a general anymore. Let someone else runs the country if he can't handle a little pressure from the press.

Its unfortunate that you can't comprehend there is privilege that comes with the position of being a leader of a country.

That is one of respect.

Do you think the US President would even allow a reporter like this in? No, part of being granted a Press Pass is to be respectful.

The PM raised his voice. That is how you remind a subordinate that they are stepping out of line.

Obviously you have always been an underling to not grasp even that simple truth.

Although I agree that there should be a level of respect I also think everyone should remember that the PM has a boss, the general public. He basically is a servant of the people, he is assigned to run the country on behalf of the people and as such he needs to be fully accountable for everything that happens.

You are being satirical here aren't you???

It appears in history that it is often easier to take power than to govern. I had to agree that seizing power prevented an imminent outbreak of increased violence in Thailand, especially in Bangkok. I also confess to being an optimist or wishful thinker when it came to announcements of broad reforms being instituted.

But now the rubber is hitting the road and some time has passed. The junta is finding that those who bid their time are now seeing where this affects them and are starting to show resistance in defense of their interests. Several interest fronts will now begin their opposition, the General will be forced to spend increased amounts of time facing this political/social opposition and have increased opposition to instituting reforms. In the end? Let us start the betting....overthrow of the junta? Restoration of a controlled "democracy" under an elite controlled constitution? A new constitution with increased democracy, reflecting a need to help the poor? What are your other scenarios for the future of Thailand?

Yep! I think the general started with good intentions but now finds EVERYONE is on the take and no-one wants to lose their own special gravy train/s. It must be really hard to try & clean up a quagmire like this. Even the people he thought he could trust will be misleading him by now and institutions everywhere will be opposing every change.

I think he should start on a couple of big ones ASAP. (One or more corrupt islands & land-locked enclaves and the R T police) while he still has martial law to back him up. If not very soon, then it will be too late & the people may decide (before the next election) that the reforms have lost their impetus and it has all turned into "same old, same old Thailand"

Please General, keep up the good plans you had when you started. Let the people see real results. Thailand desperately needs the changes you came in promising to achieve. If not you, who on this earth will do it?

• Like 2

Yes, and he is under enormous pressure.

I marvel at how many issues he actually addresses in such a short time.

Even before this report I was wondering how he copes. Personally, I think he needs to get some good aides and relinquish much of his PR stuff to them. He is after all not an experienced politician. Politicians talk, he's a man of action.He should keep doing the great job he is doing. Step back from the limelight.

The country will be worse off if his health suffers.

He did address a huge amount of issues, from beach dresscodes to biking paths, to police corruption, to new constitutions, to respecting your elders, to praising the country, to singing his song on a daily basis, to .... ,etc, etc, etc.

He almost addressed every problem imaginable.

Now it seems time to follow up on any of the things he has addressed in the past months.

And even though some people claim they see large changes already, I have only seen minor window-dressing actions like beach chairs being removed instead of the mafia behind it being tackled.

• Like 2

He seems to forget he is not a general anymore. Let someone else runs the country if he can't handle a little pressure from the press.

Its unfortunate that you can't comprehend there is privilege that comes with the position of being a leader of a country.

That is one of respect.

Do you think the US President would even allow a reporter like this in? No, part of being granted a Press Pass is to be respectful.

The PM raised his voice. That is how you remind a subordinate that they are stepping out of line.

Obviously you have always been an underling to not grasp even that simple truth.

So the world shouldn't be questioning the two Koh Toa murders, especially the PM out of respect for his position as Thailand's PM??? Isn't he King Dick? Doesn't the buck stop with him?

I think there is a country better aligned with your way of thinking - China. There are many companies that can assist you with your move.

Well you know what they say happens to people who make assumptions like yourself, right?

And FWIW, the rest of the world is not obsessed with the terrible tragedy on KT.

The rest of the world has its own problems and its own violence to contend with.

Mexico has 40 student teachers kidnapped at gun point and never heard from again AND it was the police that kidnapped them.

Half the MidEast is under rocket attack.

Africa is fighting an outbreak of Ebola and losing.

So in the big picture, the rest of the World, and the PM General have other major issues to also solve.

And I am in no way making light of the poor kids violently killed on KT, I am only trying to help you get it in perspective.

• Like 2

That is one of respect.

You seem to forget that nobody elected the PM, he took that position with a gun in his hand.

So, as has been said before, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

And you seem to share the same attitude towards the people as the PM has: they are "subordinates".

• Like 1

The problem here is not that he's a 'good man' or however else you want to frame the PM.

The problem for the PM is that he is a general and as such generals are use to giving orders without question.

If his intentions / advice / orders - (choose your appropriate descriptor) are questioned or criticized the PM gets a bit rattled as he ins't use to having his authority questioned.

The PM needs to understand that the public ain't soldiers and will continue to question / quiz / makes critical remarks no matter the 'good' that he thinks he is doing. It comes with the territory. The public are under no obligation to listen to, follow his words or respect him.

I sadly fear that the PM will find this type of confrontation more frequently as people get frustrated at the lack of access to clear, objective and uncensored information and question the PM more aggressively - whether he likes it or not is irrelevant.

As the old saying goes if you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen.

Jon, do you speak Thai? did you see a video of this incident? Can you explain to me how you interpret the few sentences of a reporter as an indication that the PM can't handle the heat of the kitchen?

I am just not seeing it. I am not seeing anything wrong with the General's response.

Reporters are being killed throughout the World. The Press is under real threat in so many parts of the Globe. And people are upset on here because the General allegedly raised his voice?

Can you or anyone tell me what a real thai thinks about what happened today? How do actual Thai interpret todays events?

My wife says the reporter was rude. She is from a rural community where respect is highly valued.

I have no idea how the majority of Thais view what happened today. Do you?

That is one of respect.

Although I agree that there should be a level of respect I also think everyone should remember that the PM has a boss, the general public. He basically is a servant of the people, he is assigned to run the country on behalf of the people and as such he needs to be fully accountable for everything that happens.

That concept is as yet unfortunately beyond the mentality here hence the endless abuse of government and coups. Until there is an understanding of democracy at a deeper level neither elected nor unelected administrations will succeed because in the end the people will turf them out.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by timewilltell

That is one of respect.

You seem to forget that nobody elected the PM, he took that position with a gun in his hand.

So, as has been said before, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

And you seem to share the same attitude towards the people as the PM has: they are "subordinates".

He wasn't given the position by his brother ??? or had had villages red colour to suppress others, or swathes of notes getting into the hands of appointed red thugs (leaders). How many scams has he been involved in up to now ??? unlike the last lot of appointed friends/relatives.

Some of you people ought to think before opening up on the PM. He is not a saint but has been sworn in by the top Man.

That is one of respect.

In disciplined services there's respect for a uniform and rank but respect for the person has to be earned if it's genuine and not sycophantic.

Your attitude suggests Thailand will never progress as the leader can say what he wants and if questioned simply raises his voice and that's it.

By the way how is a reporter his subordinate or are you suggesting being PM gives him all embracing power and authority ?

He gave himself that already.

As far as Italy goes. He probably should not attend or at least appoint a spokesman.

Nice guy! Stress is showing. Maybe his brother's wealth should not have come to light. giggle.gif

Well a hater is going to hate.

I guess if you can't find any dirt on the General then hold him responsible for his brother...his brothers wealth.

I think the General should do what world leaders do everywhere else--get a spokesperson and limit access of reporters.

Maybe I missed it, but has the general declared assets already ?

I think, write, give orders, follow up on the work and write the plans. Anyone who can write [the plan as I do] please come and stand here.

The guy clearly suffers from the Superman syndrome.

• Like 2

Why should he show respect for someone who seized control of the country at gunpoint?

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When did you get off the boat?

• Like 1

[starting to raise his voice.] Do you have the knowledge to administer the country like me? You just write, think, and speak, that's all. And what do I do? I think, write, give orders, follow up on the work and write the plans. Anyone who can write [the plan as I do] please come and stand here.

Those who were democratically elected and deposed at gunpoint probably still think that they can run the country. The thing is that if they said so, they would disappear into incommunicado military detention.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe the most popular PM in the last decade needs to take advice from yingluck on how to deal with reporters.

By ignoring them or replying with the usual "No comment" or "I was not aware of this" or "I cannot comment at this time"

Unfortunately the most popular PM in the last decade is not a puppet so is unable to get away with this.

w00t.gif Righto..cheesy.gif

Oak, I am going to have to put you on ignore.

Its nothing personal, its just that your responses are so childish that its embarassing to consider you a peer.

Hopefully you are actually capable of coherent discussion rather than the single word with attached emoticons you have used thus far on here.

Nothing personal--have a good one.

Take that English Oak!

The certainly is full of himself and plastered tickets on himself. He seems to think he is the only one who can run the country, the country he stole from the people. The world is laughing at him and he can't see it. Mirror, mirror on the wall who the brightest and greatest ruler in the world.

How bitter the defeated remain.

He seems to making a better fist of running this country than the corrupt red shirt predecessors.

That is one of respect.

Don't forget, respect should be earned, and it doesn't come with title or position. Otherwise Prince Harry could sit on his duff and ride high for the rest of his life.......... And as for a General losing his cool over a reporter, well all i can say is he's lucky that he's not commanding an army in action...... Earn your respect, something that i've rarely seen in SE Asia....... Grant an audience, answer the questions, when you've had enough, that's it ! Surely a military man knows that..........? As for his brothers wealth ? Well, now there could be a can of worms,,,,,,, I really dont give a flying F--- about him or his brother, (No disrespect) <snip - derogatory comment removed>

PM Prat Prayat you are a typical bully and harbour a massive inferior complex as you demonstrate repeatedly with your aggression and disrespect of your position. You are the one who has said you want to make all the decisions and solely take the blame if their is failure, you are the one that believes you can walk on water and you are the one who cannot measure up. Your credibility is diminishing by the day with all of your happy plans becoming failures and your lack of will or want in ridding this country of the police Mafioso, instead openly and vocally supporting them. You are starting to make excuses on not expediently tackling corruption especially when it is in your own backyard, and you now want people to ignore questionable wealth of you cohorts. Will you be another discarded leader at the end of another coup General, or will we see the the people finally take their country back themselves. I do not apologise for my words, but I do emphasis with the ClutchClark's of this world that have an unhealthy dependency on the need to worship a modern day idol. General, if you cannot handle the heat, get out of the fire.

That concept is as yet unfortunately beyond the mentality here hence the endless abuse of government and coups. Until there is an understanding of democracy at a deeper level neither elected nor unelected administrations will succeed because in the end the people will turf them out.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Indeed, very, very indeed.

The first step to solve a problem is identifying the source followed by a plan of action to address that, what is happening in Thailand is like the metaphor of rearranging the deck chairs as the Titanic sinks.