Improving Road Tragedies

hocuspocus

Having lived in Thailand for three years and previously in Greece for 8 years, I have found both Countries to have road accidents many more time. higher than fo instance the UK. Through my observations I have come up with a multi point plan to reduce accidents and fatalities.

Okey dokey.......where's the plan then?

I had a plan when I was living in Greece.........to get a military tank and start smashing on all those idiots driving like lunatics.

For the information of the members, driving in Greece, is not much better than in Thailand............

Next time, I will look around if I find one in Thailand..................

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I had a plan when I was living in Greece.........to get a military tank and start smashing on all those idiots driving like lunatics.

For the information of the members, driving in Greece, is not much better than in Thailand............

When my wife got killed in Greece by a Greek driver 3 years ago that is when I decided to get out of there.

Sorry for posting accidently the first part of my post (new computer pressed the wrong button) but here is the continuation of my post.

Firstly: Change the side of the road we drive in Thailand to the right hand side of the road as I have observed while riding by bicycle through the twists and turns through the rice fields nearly all oncoming traffic is on the wrong side of the road but probably they think it is the right side to be on.

Secondly: I have noticed that most drivers in Thailand like to go through red lights and they are very slow and reluctant to go through lights when they turn to green. So my proposal is to change all red lights to green and green lights to red, you can work out the rest your selves without me elaborating.

Thirdly: Make it entirely legal for motor cycles and cars to pull out from side roads without looking and if you hit them you are entirely to blame.

Fourthly: Let children start driving motor cycles at two years old and by the time they reach the average age of motorcyclist's of about 13-14 years old they may be reasonable drivers.

Fifthly: Make it easier for Falangs to get work permits so they can start up driving schools as in my three years here I have not seen one driving school car.

I am sure there are others who have got ways to improve things on the road so please go ahead.

I am sure my plans would improve things as Thailand's road statistics are about the worst in the world, so things can only get better with my plans.

coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When my wife got killed in Greece by a Greek driver 3 years ago that is when I decided to get out of there.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

May your wife Rest in Peace.

I did say, they are mad drivers also in Greece as in Thailand.

Just noticed your plan, I will study it and come back to you if I have any queries.

I am sure The General will be delighted to gave a new consultant

Yes and I could be in for the Thai equivalent of a Knighthood if my plans are implemented and are successful.

May I may ask, why do you wish to improve tragedies? You could take a tip or two from Shakespeare maybe, he was a dab hand at tragedies. His English was quite good also.

OK I am not perfect maybe I need a few tips from you

May I may ask, why do you wish to improve tragedies? You could take a tip or two from Shakespeare maybe, he was a dab hand at tragedies. His English was quite good also.

If you take the time to read my post properly you will see I posted the first part by mistake and I did not have chance to review it before I posted, I think you know what I was trying to say but you took it out of context.

Sorry for your loss.

If you left Greece for this reason, how on earth did you manage to pick Thailand as your next port of call???

If you take the time to read my post properly you will see I posted the first part by mistake and I did not have chance to review it before I posted, I think you know what I was trying to say but you took it out of context.

A confused mess of a thread, starting and finishing at your front door. The opening title is simply not applicable to what follows, which apparently is supposed to be a joke. Tragedies are not something to joke about. Go away.

• Like 2

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

May your wife Rest in Peace.

I did say, they are mad drivers also in Greece as in Thailand.

Just noticed your plan, I will study it and come back to you if I have any queries.

It's not only Greece, when I lived in the Southof France, they were Mental too, speed speed speed, so many accidents, zero patience, and manners..

Want to make roads in Thailand safe? Simple. Remove ALL Thai drivers.

Typical, so you are the super duper driver from the western countries that is the Judge of driving here in Thailand.

You are so so wrong wrong with a comment like that, hope you was just having a dig at Thais in fun because they will certainly laugh a lot about someone like you. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

• Like 1

I have a few suggestions.

Drive fast.

Drive drunk.

Drive on the wrong side of the road.

Don't wear a seatbelt.

All of these will improve tragedy.

Sent from my LG-D858

You mean do the same as many Thais? If you can't beat them, join them. Sometimes it will work in your favour but don't bank on it. Everyone has a "not lucky" day.

I have a few suggestions.

Drive fast.

Drive drunk.

Drive on the wrong side of the road.

Don't wear a seatbelt.

All of these will improve tragedy.

Sent from my LG-D858

You mean do the same as many Thais? If you can't beat them, join them. Sometimes it will work in your favour but don't bank on it. Everyone has a "not lucky" day.

Another disrespectful post ! Nooooooo !! Would like to think you missed the jest, not the same as many Thais, I have seen many A - holes from the western & european countries riding bike and driving cars worse than any Thai person.