Promotion on Emmental and Gouda cheese.

Costas2008

sounds great! Unfortunately most of the Emmentaler I have seen here is poor quality, made in Denmark or New Zealand. Often has no holes at all, or many tinny small holes which is complete wrong :-(

attachicon.gifP1040237.JPG

attachicon.gifP1040238.JPG

h90, these holes OK?

Tastes Yameeeeeeeee.

Some of the top holes are a bit in doubt, but over all very OK.

But I have seen the same brand without holes and full of small one.

Taste I can't say much because I put it on the Pizza tongue.png But I think it was OK.

It isn't that we have much choice.....My father told me that he got a real bad Emmental cheese in Austria. So we might be in a global Emmental quality crises.

That brand last time I bought it could stay long over the expiration date without problems so you can buy more stock licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

Now my stomach makes some serious noise.........

attachicon.gifP1040237.JPG

attachicon.gifP1040238.JPG

h90, these holes OK?

Tastes Yameeeeeeeee.

Some of the top holes are a bit in doubt, but over all very OK.

But I have seen the same brand without holes and full of small one.

Taste I can't say much because I put it on the Pizza tongue.png But I think it was OK.

It isn't that we have much choice.....My father told me that he got a real bad Emmental cheese in Austria. So we might be in a global Emmental quality crises.

That brand last time I bought it could stay long over the expiration date without problems so you can buy more stock licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

Now my stomach makes some serious noise.........

There were 4 left, so got all of them.

Sorry, for the ones that will be looking for Emmental.......but I left the Gouda......not very keen on that.

I always bring TONS of sliced cheese when coming back to LOS after visiting my homeland.

400 gr cost me 70 THB and as I bring 8-9 Kilos usually (the freezer doesn't fit more whistling.gif ), I consider myself lucky not having to make use of such ridiculously priced "PROMOTIONS" smile.png

• Like 1

US regulations require that Emmentaler has a minimum number of holes! That's why you guys don't know what real Emmentaler looks like.It doesn't need holes to make it taste better. You don't pay for the holes, they are offered free. If you prefer it sliced, because you don't know how to cut cheese, then you probably don't know what it is supposed to taste like either.

I used to buy a whole wheel of Emmentaler (not the 90 Kg ones, smaller) and keep it in the cellar, it got better all the time. I can't say that I have even bothered trying the stuff that I have seen on offer here in Thailand.