Nakhon Pathom Immigration

Arrived there this morning 10:30hrs. Only a couple of people in , the Immi girls are more worried if the free polo shirts been handed out would fit them.

Anyway , did my paperwork for Retirement extension of stay , took a number , girls back to work , number called , sat down all my paperwork okay , covering bank letter included , she says can I see your bank book .

Bank book handed over , I had the book updated at the bank yesterday when I asked for my cover letter.

The girl says that my last update to my present update is 11 months , I asked what the problem was , she says that I could have taken the money out and put it back in last week .

I replied , if that were the case it would show up on my book when I updated it yesterday .

Bit of a loss of face I think , as she took the book to some other immi officers , came back and said the next time I leave it for so long I have to bring a bank statement for the last 3 months. ( trying to save face )

As I was leaving I noticed I had not been given a new date for 90 day reporting , she had not taken the old one out , so officially my next report according to the slip in my passport would have been in 2 days time .

To be honest , if I had not looked I would not have checked this for another couple of months at least , it could have lead to problems I'm sure.

I must admit though , it was all done quickly and I was heading home at 11:10 hrs.

You do need to do a bank book update when you start the 3 months before you apply. That way it should show any activity since then when you do an update just before you apply.

Did you have a completed TM47 form with your extension application? They do not do 90 day reports when you do an extension application and the extension is not equal to a report.

Yes I had the TM47 done , and as for the bank book , it doesn't matter when you last did an update , as long as you do one a day or two before extension , any movement in or out will show up on your book.

Surely that bit is not hard to figure out.

Yes I had the TM47 done , and as for the bank book , it doesn't matter when you last did an update , as long as you do one a day or two before extension , any movement in or out will show up on your book.

Bangkok bank skips older transactions. I have done 20 and not updated my bank book and they don't show up.

Bangkok bank skips older transactions. I have done 20 and not updated my bank book and they don't show up.

If you don't update your book then they will not show up .

In general: After having done a 1 year extension, is it 90 days forward from the "EXtension-Date" or is the date of the last 90 day report relevant to do the next 90 day report?

Thx & cheers.

Only the first extension counts as a 90 day report.

When you do an extension you still stay on the same 90 day report schedule the extension does not reset the clock.

It seems your 90 day report got lost in the paperwork shuffle. You will have to go back to do it again.

My experience is that if you have not updated your book in couple of months it only prints a summary that shows the current balance.

Ubonjoe , thanks for your input .

I caught the 90 day report problem before I left the office , so everything is okay on that aspect.

The business about the money having to be in your bank for 3 months is I suppose one of the hoops we jump through.

1, 2, or 3 months shouldn't really matter , as long as the money is there.

Matter closed , no problems and still a fast turn-a-round which I am pleased about.

If you don't update your book then they will not show up .

They combine them so even if you update but later they will not all show up.

What I'm saying is, if you make ten transactions and wait three months they may show up only in the balance and not as ten transactions.

Edited by thailiketoo

There was no loss of face, the Immigration Official was perfectly correct and you were lucky that they accepted your bank book without a statement from the bank.

When you update your bank book, sometimes a summary of transactions are printed in one line. There is no way to ascertain that the balance did not drop below 800 k. It merely shows your current balance and not a running cumulative balance.