Cider from Singha

N47HAN

I'm drinking the apple one right now. First cider I've ever tasted so I have no idea if it's good as ciders go. I like it though. Bubbly! Maybe too sweet?

I'm really curious. Does it taste like cider?

Where did you buy it rick ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by N47HAN

I'm drinking the apple one right now. First cider I've ever tasted so I have no idea if it's good as ciders go. I like it though. Bubbly! Maybe too sweet?

I'm really curious. Does it taste like cider?

Sweet, bubbly, and low alcohol at 3.5%. Sounds like more kiddy-booze.

I'm also curious if it actually tastes like cider. I'm going to bet that it doesn't.

with 55yrs.of downing some of the best,what i saw [photo] it looks like alco pops.

with names like jazz,regae and pop it will be a fun drink,made from apples i wouldnt think so,concentrated flavoured juice more than likely.there is only one cider and that is made from bitter sweet apples the ones the pigs like and if you havnt tried pork that is reared in a apple orchard well you missed out.i am or was a big cider drinker many yrs ago from scrumpy that you could stir with a fork to what i am studying today,thatchers gold and john keplers.expensive yes but as life is going by fast its one of my three a day happy have's. my wife,my dog and a 500ml.can of proper cider. HIC HIC HIC pass another one luv.

taff. one of thai visa's oridginal cider wallers.

Edited by meatboy

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Savannah is reconstituted from a syrup in Thailand.

Guess that's why they can sell it at a reasonable price.

Makes sense KB.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry guys but Savanna is a real imported cider, not reconstituted here.

It is reconstituted. It says so on the bottle.......

They must make bottles specially for you, because on the one I hold in my hand it doesn't say that.

Bought a bottle for the Wife and it was sickly sweet and won't be buying any more.

Undrinkable

bring her along to my place,she can have a session with my wife,the real thing.

you would think thaibev.would have broken into the cider market as they have a distillery in the uk.and are one of uk.'s bigest sponsers in sport.every single one of my inlaws enjoy a can[thats all i give them] 2 is one tooooooooooo many.

not sure if it was 2010 or later that cider had taken over beer sales in the uk.

since coming to thailand perminantly i see,stella have a cider 4.5% and carling 4.5% and also foster's cider sales have grown by as much as 35% in 2012.

SO COME ON MR.CHANG LETS HAVE AN APPLE CIDER EXPORT no more than 5% so thai's can enjoy without falling down.tongue.png

Bought a bottle for the Wife and it was sickly sweet and won't be buying any more.

Undrinkable

you would think thaibev.would have broken into the cider market as they have a distillery in the uk.and are one of uk.'s bigest sponsers in sport.every single one of my inlaws enjoy a can[thats all i give them] 2 is one tooooooooooo many.

not sure if it was 2010 or later that cider had taken over beer sales in the uk.

since coming to thailand perminantly i see,stella have a cider 4.5% and carling 4.5% and also foster's cider sales have grown by as much as 35% in 2012.

SO COME ON MR.CHANG LETS HAVE AN APPLE CIDER EXPORT no more than 5% so thai's can enjoy without falling down.tongue.png

Sorry to be pedantic but cider sales have not overtaken beer sales in Britain. Lager sales alone outstrip cider sales by about 4 to 1. Add to that real ales, craft beers, stout and keg beer and it's a long, long way behind.

Edited by madmitch
  • Like 1

Undrinkable

Sorry to be pedantic but cider sales have not overtaken beer sales in Britain. Lager sales alone outstrip cider sales by about 4 to 1. Add to that real ales, craft beers, stout and keg beer and it's a long, long way behind.

dont have to be pedantic?what that means,but according to WIKI uk.has the HIGHEST PER CAPITA CONSUMPTION

of cider sales over beer.must be including thailand.

Could somebody please buy a bottle of Savanna and confirm that in very small white letters next to the ingredients it really does say reconstituted?

Two posters have said it isn't and I know what I read......

Yeah but how many Ciders had you drunk when you read it?burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

Could somebody please buy a bottle of Savanna and confirm that in very small white letters next to the ingredients it really does say reconstituted?

Yeah but how many Ciders had you drunk when you read it?burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

I always, always limit myself to two bottles. Plus, I only drink cider in the afternoons.

Why? Because there are only two drinks that give you a worse hang-over than cider. Those are red wine and brandy.

I always, always limit myself to two bottles. Plus, I only drink cider in the afternoons.

Why? Because there are only two drinks that give you a worse hang-over than cider. Those are red wine and brandy.

Moon shine!

hi karenb.would that be 2litre bottles.i too used to like a drink in the afternoon 10am-10pm.now its 6pm-9pm.but with the heat well you know what its like.and yes your right about red wine 1x 2litre of montclare red and 4cans chang classic fell out of bed and my front teeth went upwards.that was the last drop of red i have touched.[last yr.]

cider no problem as the dr.says an apple a day helps you work,rest and play.

• Like 1

For me, two ciders. That can be the small bottles of Savanna, or two pints of draught cider.

Two is the operative word here.

I like cider in the daytime because it's a refreshing drink; much more so than any kind of beer.

savanna is that from sa.whats the draught one.

Whatever is being sold in Phuket at the time and is available in Rawai.

Most of these ciders only last six months, or so, before becoming "unavailable".

I remember drinking Bulmers, Stowford Press and a couple of others I can't remember the name of.

I did try the TNC, but, frankly (sorry Nathan & Steve), I didn't like it.

Undrinkable

dont have to be pedantic?what that means,but according to WIKI uk.has the HIGHEST PER CAPITA CONSUMPTION

of cider sales over beer.must be including thailand.

I'm not disputing that as that is not what you said in your earlier post. I am stating the FACT that beer sales in the UK are much higher than cider sales.

Whatever is being sold in Phuket at the time and is available in Rawai.

Most of these ciders only last six months, or so, before becoming "unavailable".

I remember drinking Bulmers, Stowford Press and a couple of others I can't remember the name of.

I did try the TNC, but, frankly (sorry Nathan & Steve), I didn't like it.

the irish pub oposite the centara hotel in karon had strongbow on draft the last time i was there 2006,but be warned the then manager[farang] didnt know the diff.between lager and cider.after going there every night for 10days drinking and eating he became an absolute twit with me and mrs.meat when he changed an empty bow barrel and put on a lager one.

you have been drinking too much was his reply when i told him this is not cider.well that was the last time i went there.

karenb.do you remember BULMERS WOOD PECKER my mother weened me on it 69yrs.ago.

bulmers did try to better their sales around 2006-8 but it was too late they didnt alter the taste from the 50's so there were many many others that pinched the market.

myself i love thatchers,but now i love kepplers as well,we are lucky we have a good importer [patts] apple honey.biggrin.png

Had a Savannah last night. OK but a definite chemical taste and looking at the ingredients it is made with apple juice concentrate, no sign of real apples on the list.

The Cambodian cider I referred to in an earlier post is Brunty's. I've only seen it in Villa Market and it wasn't bad. There's a web link here for more info, seems like it is brewed by an Englishman. http://www.bruntys.com/index/

Have yet to spot the Singha ciders but will give them a go but if they're as sweet as people are saying then it'll be a one-off!

And referring to a later post, I remember Woodpecker well. My uncle used to drink two quarts every night and he'd always give me a glass when I visited, probably my first introduction to alcohol at the age of ten or eleven!

Had a Savannah last night. OK but a definite chemical taste and looking at the ingredients it is made with apple juice concentrate, no sign of real apples on the list.

Many thanks for that. Didn't think that I imagined it.

AndreaPic and TheCruncher, please take note. You were wrong.

Thanks for the tip N47HAN.

Found it in a wholesaler's on Chaofa Road West, had one bottle of each flavour (suspect they were free samples from a rep that they had just put in the fridge).

Paid 28 THB, the 'clean one - pop' tasted and smelt like sparking apple juice.

Did not taste much like cider.

Wife said she might try it occasionally instead of Spy.

Don't expect it to be around for long.......................

Edited by digitalchromakey