Thai/Cambodian Motorbike Theft Gang arrested by Police in Pattaya

Rimmer

Thai/Cambodian Motorbike Theft Gang arrested by Police in Pattaya

bike-2.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Friday afternoon, Banglamung Police announced the arrest of 6 people in connection with a motorbike theft gang who would steal to-order and then send the bikes over to Cambodia.

The 6 people, aged between 19 and 38 and of Thai and Cambodian Nationality, were arrested at the Nantawan Place Apartments in Soi Neun Plubwan. The arrests followed a previous arrest of two Cambodian suspects who were thought to be part of the same gang. They provided Police with detailed information on the other gang members which led Police to arrest the other 6 members on Friday.

It was revealed that the group had stolen over 200 motorbikes in the Pattaya area and was overseen by the gang leader who is based in Chantaburi Province. The bikes would initially be stored in a remote Potato Field in Banglamung and then taken to the Thai/Cambodian Border

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/151009/thaicambodian-motorbike-theft-gang-arrested-by-police-in-pattaya/#sthash.sq5vYe5p.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-10-18

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Are they pointing at stolen bike that has gone over the border? "See, right there! Right where it isn't!"

Maybe its towards the potato field?

Some years ago I was up north sitting very near the Mekong river having a quiet smoke whilst my wife was visiting relatives.

I watched, in fascination, as two bikes at a time were loaded onto a rickety old boat and taken across the river.

I asked a Thai woman what was going on. She said, very matter-of-factly, they were stolen bikes being taken to Laos.

It was the complete indifference and acceptance that stunned me. After a few more years here I have become case-hardened to this type of thing, although I shouldn't of course.