Manchester City

mrbojangles

For MrBj

Raheem Sterling yellow card v Swansea

Pretty puzzling decision as Sterling was booked for simulation towards the end of the first half at the Etihad. The England man was picked out by a delicious ball from deep and as Lukasz Fabianski flew out to intercept, Sterling went over his legs.Mike Dean saw it as a dive but it looked an impossibly harsh call as there is no way Sterling was looking for a penalty.

Verdict: Incorrect decision

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/ref-review-mike-dean-under-spotlight-after-sterling-gaffe

16 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

For MrBj

Raheem Sterling yellow card v Swansea

Pretty puzzling decision as Sterling was booked for simulation towards the end of the first half at the Etihad. The England man was picked out by a delicious ball from deep and as Lukasz Fabianski flew out to intercept, Sterling went over his legs.Mike Dean saw it as a dive but it looked an impossibly harsh call as there is no way Sterling was looking for a penalty.

Verdict: Incorrect decision

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/ref-review-mike-dean-under-spotlight-after-sterling-gaffe

It probably didn't help his case when he chose to make the dive about ten seconds after contact.  Referees spend ninety minutes with players trying to con them so when a dive, regardless of contact is done so appallingly badly don't start crying when the decision goes against you.

How Man City can play Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero together within Pep Guardiola's philosophy
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/08/man-city-can-play-gabriel-jesus-sergio-aguero-together-within

Good article but I'm not convinced Aguero fits Peps football as he's more of a solo operator upfront and he doesn't graft. Couldn't see Aguero playing at the tip of a diamond as he's a finisher not a technical footballer (could see KdB fitting in there).

I'm extremely excited by Jesus. He's technical, skillfull, not one bit greedy, tough and a grafter. I really hope Pep can find a way for both him and Aguero to fit together. Aguero would be first choice in almost all of the European teams and for what he has done for us, I really don't want to see him go.

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm extremely excited by Jesus. He's technical, skillfull, not one bit greedy, tough and a grafter. I really hope Pep can find a way for both him and Aguero to fit together. Aguero would be first choice in almost all of the European teams and for what he has done for us, I really don't want to see him go.

Well hopefully he will remain available for your Easter programme. :biggrin:

Hey, guess who we had visiting us last night? Howard Webb and Mark Clattenburg.

They refereed the kids football games where I live and then did a question and answer session at our clubhouse. I couldn't attend but my mates who went said it was a great evening and both where brilliant at answering questions. Wish I could have gone. Another one I couldn't make cos of work. Missed Keys and Gray last year as well.

de Gea, decent goalkeeper but...you know what.

Lloris, decent goalkeeper but Spurs would rip us a big one if we put a bid in for him.

Can still see City looking to bring back home Kasper.

I haven't seen enough of our 3rd goalie, young Angus Gunn (Bryan Gunn's kid) to pass judgement but the club rate him highly.

We do need a new decent goalie or two though.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

de Gea, decent goalkeeper but...you know what.

Lloris, decent goalkeeper but Spurs would rip us a big one if we put a bid in for him.

Can still see City looking to bring back home Kasper.

I haven't seen enough of our 3rd goalie, young Angus Gunn (Bryan Gunn's kid) to pass judgement but the club rate him highly.

We do need a new decent goalie or two though.

How much would Spurs let Lloris go for (do you Think)?

^That's what I posted yesterday about Kasper.

Think he'd suit Pep/us well. As a City junior he knows us well. Could be a good match for both parties.

When we had to decide between Hart or Kasper, I think Hart got it based on physique - there was little to choose between them is my recollection.

To be honest, I agreed with the Sky commentator and Big Niall that the referee reffed it well and got all the key decisions right, but he was a bit quick with that yellow card.

Keep it to yourself but Fernandinho will be goalkeeper vs Huddersfield at the weekend. He had a decent performance at LB last night, better than he did at RB the week before.

Credit to wobbly willy. He actually makes a few saves and the sliding tackle last night was as good as any top defender's.

Bournemouth gave us a tough game last night and were in it until the 2nd goal.

Very impressed with Silva last night. Seem to be playing at a different speed to everybody else. Orchestrated most that was good, and injury-free these days seems back to his best.

Getting a bit tired of all of this Aguero nonsense. Like all of the players he plays on merit not reputation. He scores lots of goals but he doesn't contribute as much to team performance as he should. Stick around and he'll get plenty of games. At the beginning of the season everybody was questioning Peps sanity in only having Iheanacho as back up to Aguero but suddenly Jesus has upped the stakes and now Aguero, Iheanacho, Nolito and Navas are all backups to Jesus, Sane and Sterling and that's the position we want to be in (7 vying for 3 starting places).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, champers said:

A rather accomodating referee tonight, don't you think chaps? I still think you would have won if Josh King's goal had stood, but you never know in football. What is going on with Fernandinho? CM, RB & now LB.

Keys and Gray were trying to slagg off the officials last night on beIN because they got the decision right. King pulled on Stones shirt and it was a foul. Correct decision. However, Keys and Gray analised it to enth degree as to how the ref and assistant ref could have seen it. Unbelievable sometimmes that pair are.

As for Fernandinho. He's a great player to have in any side. He'll play wherever you want to put him and he usually plays well in any positiopn.